Chapter 9: Learn a spell?
461 7 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I don’t know what time it is. I just continue this process of gathering Qi endlessly. I just know that I’m still here.

 

My hands feel connected to each other now. My body feels as if it connects to the ground itself. Suddenly, I feel a blood-pumping energy running across my body, flowing from my left hand to my right. 

 

‘I am gathering Qi!’

 

However, I do not stop cultivating Qi. I need to see my limits. I need to know how much Qi I would gather. After all, I just began. 

 

Soon, there’s another presence in our house. A very strong one. I wonder what it is. The presence that was before me is no longer. So I guess it is just Chao Mei once more. 

 

There are distorted voices in the garden. I feel a positive sound in each, and some are quite familiar. Some, even negative. However, for another few minutes, I continue my cultivation. 

 

And then – I feel strength pumping into my body. I am strong. I am certain of it. 

 

“I did it!” I open my eyes, shooting up to my feet and throwing my fist in the air. 

 

I see Chao Mei, and from the mere excitement, I call out to her instantly. 

 

“Oh, Mom… you’re here, did you see me cultivate –”

 

I seize my words. Another person is standing in the garden. A naked woman. An ethereal beauty whose skin is glowing blue as if she was a Goddess. 

 

“MOM??” 

 

“Wait – MOMS??” 

 

Even my other Mom is here. What in the world is going on? I wonder. Both of my Moms in the same place?? How? 

 

“How – How are both of you in the same place?” I ask, gazing at the two for answers. 

 

Chao Mei smiles at me and lowers her eyes. “Moms….” she repeats my words. 

 

I stare at her cluelessly. 

 

“What happened, Moms? Can either of you explain? Did you two know each other from before?” I ask, raising my eyebrow. However, none of them seems too focused on explaining the situation to me at the moment. 

 

“Yes, you’re right,” Chao Mei nods. “We were,” she turns her gaze to Chang’e. “... acquaintances.” 

 

Chang’e smiles at me and sighs in relief for whatever reason. 

 

“Your Mom’s right, Xin,” she says. “We *are* acquaintances.” 

 

“What?” 

 

“Well, it’s time for an explanation then…” 

 

“You better,” I say, scowling. 

 

///

 

It takes a while to explain everything. However, it seems that Chao Mei and Chang’e have known each other before since I was only 2 or 3 years old. 

 

But Chang’e hasn’t met her until now, so she can judge if I like her enough to let her be my Mother too. 

 

They explain this to me as we are seated around in a circle in the garden. 

 

I nod, taking the entire story in. 

 

“So… we’re all good then, Moms? No harsh feelings from any of you?” I question them, looking to my right and left. 

 

They nod in response. 

 

“Good then,” I smile at them. “To be honest, I was waiting for this to happen… I was tired of sneaking out of Mother Mei’s bed and visiting Mother Chang’e. You should’ve told me earlier about this… Mother Moon.” I pout at Chang’e. 

 

She smiles awkwardly and scratches her hair, a drop of sweat trickling down her forehead. 

 

“Yes yes, I’m sorry…” 

 

“I’m sorry too, Chang’e. For doubting you,” Chao Mei apologizes to Mother Chang’e too. 

 

“No, no. That’s what any mother would do,” Chang’e replies. 

 

I grin cheerfully upon seeing this. I’m glad to see my two mothers in the same place, talking to each other and gradually becoming friends. 

 

However, the Qi cultivation was a success now. And my entire body is feeling numb after gathering so much Qi from nature. I yawn and get up. I decide it’s time to take a small rest. 

 

However – 

 

“Hey, Mister Moon Prince,” Chang’e calls out as I turn around. I freeze in the spot. “Where do you think you're going?” 

 

My grin turns bitter as I slowly turn to face the Moon Goddess. Chao Mei is gazing at Chang’e too, probably wondering what else she wants me to do. 

 

“W – what?” I ask, my voice trembling. “Isn’t this the end of my cultivation session? That’s it for today… right?” 

 

Chang’e sighs and shakes her head, clearly showing me disappointment. 

 

“What?? I literally completed the process that took Mother Mei 5 days to complete in 2 hours!” I yell out. 

 

“Yeah, he’s true…” Chao Mei joins in. 

 

“Well… it only took me 10 minutes to gather Qi, kiddo. And within the next 10 minutes, I asked my teacher to teach me a spell right away,” she replies, crossing her hands. 

 

“What the –” 

 

“You are my son,” she continues. “You are not entirely human, kiddo. So… Right now,  I want to teach you a simple spell to test what kind of skills you truly possess.” 

 

I bend down, my hands dropping down. I already feel like my entire energy is drained. 

 

‘Why? Why is she doing this to me?’ 

 

“Don’t be lazy… you just cultivated Qi. You sure have more energy, silly.” 

 

My muscles tense up. My body feels tight. Maybe this was the feeling of being strong… 

 

I’ve never really been ‘strong’ in my past life. 

 

“Mother Mei… help me here,” I turn to Mei, begging for help. 

 

Chao Mei crosses her hands, rests her chin on her hand, and nods. “Yes yes, I think your Mother here is right. Even my master made me do a simple spell after my 5-day long cultivation. You need to do this to see how skilled you truly are.” 

 

I frown. ‘Even Mei?’ 

 

“Chop chop!” Chang’e yells out, clapping her hands. “Get your spirit up, Xin! I’ll teach you one of my most simple… yet effective spells.” 

 

I take a deep breath and sigh. I straighten up my back once again. 

 

“What’s this new spell?” I ask with a bitter look on my face. 

 

“Add more spirit to it,” Chang’e says, raising her eyebrow. 

 

“WHAT’S THIS NEW SPELL CALLED?” 

 

“That’s better.” She nods. “It’s called freeze blast. One of my ice-style ones.” 

 

For a moment, my attention goes to her. Freeze blast? Ice style? The words are quite familiar. I’ve seen many of these types of powers back on Earth, in comics and animes. 

 

“Oh, you’re interested now?” Chang’e asks me, gazing at my curious look. 

 

“The spell’s catchy,” I say, nodding to her. “I’d try it out.” 

 

“Good good. Then come on,” Chang’e says, keeping her hands together, making the praying sign. Within an instant, a massive amount of energy amasses within her body. Her hair flows up, and her breasts are covered up no longer. 

 

I feel a slight tingle down in my pants, my feelings stirring up. 

 

“Hey hey, stay focused now.” She notices it right away. I push back my feelings and focus on the spell she’s teaching me. 

 

“First, you gather Qi in your body… and then, shift your thoughts into the feeling of an icy chill. Only then you can activate the power of the Moon essence that resides within you, dear. It’s a special way that only you and I who have the Moon essence can master.” 

 

I nod to her. She floats in the air, and I see an incredible amount of energy amassing within her. 

 

A blue flame sparks up within the body of Chang’e. 

 

“Wow…” Me and Chao Mei booths spurt out upon seeing her do this. 

 

And suddenly, she puts forth her hand and yells out, “Ice spell! Freeze blast!” 

 

A blue spark shoots out of her hand and hits the pond. In an instance, the entire pond freezes. I stare at the magic spell, mouth agape. 

 

This was the first time I’d witnessed such a spell firsthand. My interest peaks up. 

//Author’s Note//

 

Leave a power stone if you need more chapters and want this book to continue! I hope you enjoy the stuff I wrote. Plus, leave a comment and a review. It makes my day.

12