Chapter 14: Reckless kids
295 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jin opens the door of his room and leads us inside.

The place is a mess, the kind you could expect from any middle school boy. Underwear lying on the floor, the fan still turning and even the pc is still on.

"Ugh… disgusting, Jin!" Liu kicks away the underpants in her way. "Hurry up and get the call now."

I observe the two, patiently waiting to see whatever the hell they are going to do.

Jin nods and picks up the phone lying on his bed. Then, he dials the first number in his call log. He places his finger on his lips to gesture at us not to speak.

Beep… Beep… bee –

"Hello? This is the cultivator woman, Yu Meiling, right?" The man on the other side speaks. The voice is of some old man.

Jin clears his throat, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Yes, this is Yu Meiling," Jin responds, but in a very familiar woman's voice.

I stare at him, mouth slightly agape. The kid has changed his voice into the exact same voice as Mrs. Meiling. How?

Liu sees my shocked face and gives me a smirk.

"You see, Jin's specialty is shape-shifting. He only changed his voice right now… he's a master shapeshifter."

It explains the situation a bit more.

'So… all of these guys have special powers too, huh? Incredible.'

"Mrs. Meiling! We are waiting for you near the forest area in Cheon. Do come here as soon as you can. The cat has been lurking in the undergrowth. It's been stealing all of my chicken. Please come here soon," the old man implores.

"Yes, yes, old man," Jin replies.

Liu's face turns bitter upon hearing Jin say, "old man." It isn't a very formal response. Though, the old man didn't seem to be bothered by it.

"Please, I'll send the location to your number now. Thank you." The man hung up.

"Finally, we'll be going on a mission!" Liu cries out excitedly.

I'm still confused about this whole thing. But, I decide it's best to just go with the flow and see where it leads.

After all, the old man did mention that it was only a 'cat.'

"So – how did you two even manage to get assigned to a mission?" I ask Liu.

Liu suddenly puffs out her chest pridefully and crosses her hands.

"I figured out Mom's password and logged into the site where she accepts various C-rank and B-rank missions. And I found out about this 'spirit cat' mission last week and was assigned for it without Mom finding it out!

Then, I gave Jin's number as my Mom's personal contact. Since Jin can shapeshift, we can take this mission without anyone noticing!"

'Damn… you went through a lot,' I say inwardly.

"Pretty impressive…" I compliment her.

Suddenly, she pokes her fingers together and blushes. "Wha – well, it isn't that impressive!" She flutters her eyelashes.

'Eh… did I flirt?' I am confused.

I guess this is occasional when you're a handsome bastard, like me.

While Liu is explaining the situation to me, Jin packs some things for us to take with us. He even picks up the sword that's hanging on the wall downstairs.

After everything was ready, Jin walks into the bathroom with some of his mother's clothes. Then, Liu and I waited for him for 5 minutes. He comes out as Min Garou, wearing black jeans and a revealing grey t-shirt. It was the exact image with that perfect ass and boobs.

I feel kinda attracted, but knowing that it's Jin inside conceals my feelings.

"Mmm~ how do I look," Jin pulls back his hair, fluttering his eyes at Liu.

Liu gets irritated once more upon seeing this. "Get going, you idiot!" Liu throws the car keys in her hand right into Jin's eye.

OW!

I laugh out loud. Jin is a pretty funny guy.

Afterwards, we exit the house from the window in Jin's room when none of the neighbors are looking. I throw our luggage for Jin, now Min Garou to catch. He catches it with ease. He is physically much stronger now.

We open the garage door and take out Min Garou's car. Gladly, Jin knows how to drive… because he had done this many more times without his mother's permission.

Then, Liu Meiling and I got into the backseat with the luggage.

It's 7:30 pm already. It was high time to leave. Our parents will come back around 10 pm. So, we had to make this real quick, or else…

We'd be dead.

Jin takes hold of the wheel and pulls the gear. He is pretty experienced. I can tell just by looking at his driving. I have never even driven a car before, even in my past life.

Then, we take off.

In just 15 minutes, we arrive at the location the old guy has sent us.

The entire area is forest cover. We are outside the city streets, and this place looks more like a forest than a neighborhood.

The house stands at the top of the hill. There are a few fences covering up the chicken coops. However, the chicken coops seem to be rather empty.

Jin halts the car in front of the house. He's the only one who is at least shapeshifted into an adult, so Liu Meiling and I tagging along is not an option.

"What now?" He asks, turning to Liu.

"Now? Now you go and ask about the cat's whereabouts from the old geezer. We aren't adults, fool." Liu replies.

"But – Wow… ok ok." Jin sighs and gets out of the car, slamming the door behind him.

And then…

Liu Meiling and I are the only ones remaining inside the car.

For a while, we sit there in the awkward silence without uttering a single word. But – Liu seems to be uncomfortable with it. She hugs herself and lays back on the seat.

I sink into the seat right after her.

Though, the one who breaks the silence a moment later is not me. I am too shy to speak up. Or – rather, I don't know what to say actually.

"Huh… so you were homeschooled, huh?" She asks, gazing at me from the corner of her eyes.

"Yeah, I was," I say, getting the courage to speak back. "How'd you know?"

"You stare out of the window of your house sometimes. And – I wondered why you never came out. So I asked my mother. Your mom seems to be really overprotective, huh?"

I laugh at this awkwardly.

It's true she's a lil overprotective, but all that is for my safety. "No. Mom's not that overprotective…" I reply.

"Oh. I see. Well, you must go to dorms in the Cloud region if you're targeting to get into the Heavenly Cloud Sect, no? After that – you can… um, go out a bit more, I guess."

'Go out?' I ponder about this, and a smile comes to my face.

"Hmm… maybe, I'll be a bit more social." I laugh.

She smiles back at me kindly. And I suddenly forget that demonic side of her and see a little more kindness in that cutely freckled face of hers.

She pulls her hair behind her ear, lowering her gaze. Suddenly, my eyes are fixed on this girl's face. I'm smiling.

Then, our eyes lift together to meet each other –

Fling!

Jin suddenly opens the door and gets into the car.

We both sigh at the same time.

'Fool.'

//Author's Note//

Yo, peeps! You enjoying it? Then go ahead and leave a comment and a review! Also, more power stones and support means more daily chapters! Have a great day fools!

If we reach 500 power stones per week, there will be 2 chapters daily!

7