Chapter 17: The Azure Spirit Cat
204 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Someone, sword! Jin – kill it!" I cry out, gripping my fist and closing my eyes.

I feel the chilling feeling running up my body. It's now or never… I have to use the Moon Essence.

My life is precious. I can't throw away everything I've lived up to so far.

Suddenly, Liu grabs my shoulder. The cat leaps forth with its claws drawn towards us.

Swoosh! The only thing I hear is this sound ringing in my ears. Everything blur and suddenly – Bam!

We were safe. We weren't dead. However, Liu seems to be tired for whatever reason.

She's on the ground, struggling to catch her breath. Jin is standing to her left, gripping his sword, which is as tall as he is.

I look behind us, and all I can see are trees. There are, however, the furious roars of the azure spirit cat echoing through the undergrowth.

"Thank you, Liu…" Jin suddenly thanks Liu.

I look at Liu Meiling.

'So, she's the one who managed to teleport us over here?' I ponder.

"No need to thank me… we need to get out here alive," Liu replies, getting back up on her feet. "I could only get us a few hundred meters away from the beast. It'll be here soon. It might even catch up with my speed."

'Speed?'

So it was not a teleportation spell, but her speed. Now I know why she's suddenly so tired, and why she had to grab me by the shoulder. She must be incredibly strong to be able to drag us both all the way here.

However, it isn't the time to waste pondering these things.

"Guys… it's one cat. There's three of us," I declare to encourage the two.

They nod to me.

"But – your freeze spell was literally repelled by the cat," Jin adds, gazing at me. "That thing's pretty powerful."

'Xin… I'll come to help! Wait!' Chang'e cries out inside me.

I close my eyes and reply to her.

'No! You don't have to do that… wait a bit more. We can kill it,' I tell her, furrowing my eyebrows. 'Keep it silent and let me focus!'

Chang'e goes silent.

I analyze our situation with all the information I have seen about the Azure Spirit cat on the internet. Flaming body. Faster than a cheetah. At least 8-foot-tall and has a nice ability to track down its prey by its Qi. It only lives in groups. And – they only live in the cloud region… if it isn't. Then it means the cat has been transported here for other means.

That only meant a human is involved.

"I've got a nice idea about the situation,' I declare, turning to the direction in which I sense the aura of the cat.

"There's some human controlling it, probably… so it's better if we take the cat's head and run back on our path to the Old geezer's house. Take the bounty and leave this place as soon as possible."

The two nod in agreement with my idea.

"Great… now, it's gonna approach us soon. I'm going to take it head on –"

"Nope, I'll be the first to attack," Jin disagrees even before I finish. "I have the skill on the sword. Then, Liu can cut off its legs with her speed. A better match for the Spirit Cat's speed. And whatever moves you can pull, finish it off with the third hit." He turns to me.

I blink. That isn't exactly what I was planning, but his plan might be more advantageous. However, I do have one finishing move that might be able to finish off this creature.

"Hm, let's do it," I agree, nodding to Jin.

Liu nods too, agreeing with Jin.

The three of us scatter into positions, Jin in the front, Liu on the side, and me on a tree branch. This plan must work. Or all three of us will be dead.

I feel the Qi of the spirit cat approaching us. I don't need a countdown anymore. It'll be here in mere seconds.

ZING~

The fiery blue creature leaps face-first into Jin.

///

Jin Garou pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose. He breathed calmly, unsheathing his mother's sword. His forehead was sweating, but he kept his cool by not running away from this and leaving the foolish and arrogant Liu and this new guy to die.

'Hmm… If I die here, sorry mom,' he thought, closing his eyes.

He focused his Qi on his mother's sword, and he felt as if a thousand more hands grasped his hand at once.

'Huh…'

He had never used the sword before, but it seems his mother was true. This sword truly possessed the power of every soul it had slain.

ZING~

The fiery cat leaped forth with its claws directed at its prey.

Jin moved his left foot back, closed his eyes, and entirely focused his Qi on that sword. He saw a line in his head. A pattern for his movements. In that very second, before the claws could reach him, he dashed to the left of the Azure cat, swinging his sword.

SLASH!

The two right legs of the cat were slashed.

It let out a cry of pain as it dropped to the ground. It rolled a few feet away before jumping back up to its feet. The Azure cat's feet were bleeding, but it gave no sign of giving up.

Right at that moment, without giving it a moment to rest, Liu dashed forward in an instant slashing the other two legs of the cat. Her speed was far better than the cat's. She figured it out now.

"Argh! Die!" she cried out as she slashed its other two legs once again.

"RWARRR~~" the cat roared and jumped irritatedly. Its movements were slowed down, and it no longer had a focus on the kids. It desired to run from the kids now.

"XIN! DO IT!" Jin called out to Bai Xin who was standing on the branch right above the wailing cat. Then, Jin threw his sword in hand for Bai Xin to catch.

It was the final strike. With this, they will finish their mission.

Xin caught the sword in mid-air and grasped it tightly.

'Rest in peace,' he leaped into the air.

//Author's Note//

Yo, peeps! You enjoying it? Then go ahead and leave a comment and a review! Also, more power stones and support means more daily chapters! Have a great day fools!

7