Chapter 5
376 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

These days the violence by the Uchiha police had gotten worse. I could feel the effects every time I got out into the village and roamed about. They were slowly becoming harsher and it felt as if the public were getting more and more dissatisfied with their behaviour. They were starting to grow an even more biased opinion towards the already cold, brutal Uchiha image that they had. The end of the clan was near, I could sense it like a pressure cooker slowly building up. I had planned not to grow too attached to Mariko- Sensei but she kept trying to get closer. I didn’t care about the other Uchihas but Mariko- Sensei could not die at any cost.

I saw someone’s cart being destroyed and all their vegetables being thrown to the ground. “No!” she shouted as one member of the Uchiha police held her back making her unable to do anything but watch. The other member turned around and said “Lady, how many times must we warn you. You are not allowed to sell items in a cart at this road. Do you think anyone can sell whatever they want where they want to?”

“Sir I’m really poor please forgive me! I just wanted to make some money to feed my kids at home.” The lady pleaded.

The Uchihas only snickered at her before stamping the vegetables. “Fine but this is your last warning. The next time you do this, we’ll put you straight in jail.”

I frowned and walked away. I was not at any level to interfere in this matter. These dumbasses were only hastening the annihilation of their clan. Although I didn’t care about it, won’t Mariko-sensei be killed too at this rate? If she dies who would buy me food all the time and give me hugs. No! I meant only food. Yes, food only! And where would I find another capable teacher as her. The teachers at the ninja academy probably all sucked.

“Tsk, I need to think of something. If it’s only 1 Uchiha maybe I can do something to save her?” I muttered to myself while walking towards the ground Rock Lee was training at.

When I arrived, he was still training as expected. “Kenji my friend why are you here again did you bring more apples?”

“No, do you think I have unlimited apples? Wait for tomorrow. As for why I’m here, I got bored training alone so I came to train with you. “

“OHHH! That’s great Kenji everyone should exercise. I heard it’s extremely important to do that stuff if we want to join the ninja academy.”

I joined him and started doing some sit ups. Slowly but surely, I was going to get stronger.

A few weeks passed by routinely like this. Mariko-sensei hadn’t returned from her mission yet and for some reason the old man was behaving strangely these days.

“Fwhoooo…” I was regulating my breath and running at full pace.

“Haaa….Wait a minute Kenji…. Haaa… I’ll catch up with you one of these days!” Lee was trying to keep up with me taking in heavy breaths. Maybe it’s because he hadn’t learnt that he could use only Taijutsu yet or maybe he wasn’t eating enough, whatever it was, this Lee was nowhere close to the mental monster Lee I knew from the anime. Even I, who was a year younger could out pace him.

“Hmph, I won’t make it that easy for you.” It didn’t matter, he was fated to become physically stronger than me one day but at least I can enjoy some short victories for now.

When we arrived at our destination Lee was bent over breathing heavily and his stomach started growling. “What? Didn’t you already have two apples?” I asked him exasperatedly. It was not that this guy wasn’t getting enough food, he was just a hungry monster that had a pit for a stomach.

“I can’t help it. I get hungry after training every time, especially since you started training with me, I’ve gotten even more hungrier.” He replied and looked at my bag of apples with covetous eyes.

“Stop looking at me like that and just take it.” I threw the remaining apple I had at him.

“Ah! But I feel bad! You didn’t even have any apples today.”

“Don’t say that while eating my apple! At least try to be sincere! Anyways do you think I’m lacking in any apples I’ll just go get some more.” I replied. This fool didn’t even try to hide his gluttony and chomped on the apple greedily as if afraid that I would take it back.

We used to finish the training by sprinting back to Lee’s orphanage. Me and him were alike in certain ways both in the last life and this life (Old man doesn’t count as a parent). While we were chit- chatting casually I saw the same man who had been to the old man’s hut going into the orphanage. It was the same ninja delivery guy. I frowned a little noticing him.

“Lee who’s that guy who just walked in to your house?” Lee didn’t like me calling it an orphanage so I just called it his house.

“Oh! That man is a shinobi Kenji. He works for the Hokage!”

“What? He works for the Hokage?” I asked a little surprised. Why was someone like him visiting the old man?

“Yeah, isn’t that amazing? I’m also going to be a shinobi like him one day!” he said. There was a certain look in his eyes like those religious guys back in my last life. Had he already been brainwashed by the Hokage’s ‘will of fire speech’? Poor soul.

“You didn’t answer me fully though. What is he doing at you orphan-…, I mean house?”

“He delivers food ingredients and money to the Madam.”

“Money and food?” I asked back

“Yeah. The Hokage said it’s a donation to the children whose families bravely fought for the village.”

“Hmmm….” I mused again. Was that old man also getting money for raising me because of my mother who was a ninja. No wonder, there was no way that old man could bother with a child like me otherwise.

I shouldn’t let this matter bother me but no matter what I thought at least he used to keep food at my table every day. This discovery had left me feeling very complicated. I was an adult mentally I shouldn't feel sad over something small like this.

“Hey Lee you go ahead today, I need to do something. See you tomorrow!” I told Lee before storming off.

“Alright! Don’t forget to get more apples!” I faintly hear him shout behind me but I couldn’t pay it any mind as I could think about was food right now.

WHY. WHY. WHY HAD HE BEEN FEEDING ME SHIT FOOD FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS NOW IF HE WAS GETTING MONEY FROM THE HOKAGEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

 

 

 

Please leave a comment or review or both. I would appreciate it :)

18