Chapter 8
357 5 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I knew I had to run away. I wanted to run away but just for some reason I couldn’t. The old man was struggling to keep up. The Kumo-nin was definitely at least a jonin. He was moving very fast with his lightning covered blade constantly slashing at the old man. Meanwhile all that old man was doing was dodging and blocking the attacks with his wooden sword. He was barely defending himself and had absolutely no room to counter attack at all.

“Leave!” He shouted at me before parrying again and moving back to create some space.

“It’s useless. I’m a chakra sensor ya’know. Once I’m done with you I’ll chase him down and kill him too~” He abruptly flickered in front of Hakai.

“Lightning style- Lightning balls!” Multiple barrages of lightning balls emerged and threatened to clash at Hakai. He was getting pushed back even further than before in an attempt to keep them from hitting him.

I was getting restless. At this rate the old man really would die. I really did want to leave. The one thing that scared me the most was dying. The reason I was getting stronger was so I could keep living and not die. But it felt wrong, leaving the old man behind to run away. A person he had spent almost 4 years with, a person who gave him food every day and a roof although thatchy and leaky nevertheless still a roof to live under. Maybe it was Stockholm syndrome or something but he couldn’t just run away. Although he hated the old man, he still had some questions to ask him. Like why he hadn’t given him better food dammit!

Think! Think! I had to think. I could do ‘it’ but he would see it coming. I needed an opening.

“Just give up already, all you are doing is dodging. You are just prolonging the inevitable. Lightning style- Lightning bullet!” he said as a strong breath of lightning left his mouth and hit Hakai. He was blasted away into multiple trees knocking them down on his way before coming to a stop.

His wooden sword was broken. ‘Tch, as a blacksmith who constantly made swords how could he only have a wooden sword on him?’ I thought as I watched Kumo-nin walk to where Hakai had collapsed.

All of a sudden Hakai threw his broken sword at the Kumo-nin when he got close. “What was that useless attempt.” He said ducking the broken sword.

Hakai got up and used the other half to stab at him weakly.

The Kumo-nin just stood there receiving no damage from a broken wooden sword and looked at Hakai as if he were pathetic.

“Old relic of the past, please just die and let me fulfil my-” He lifted his sword up in an attempt slash at Hakai to end him but something flashed at him from behind stopping him mid-sentence. The broken half Hakai had thrown earlier flew back to its other half as if it seeked to rejoin it. It ripped through the Kumo-nin’s body before becoming whole again.

“AAAAAAAAHHH!” He screamed and fell to his knees. A large hole had appeared near his upper gut. Hakai drew his sword back.

The Kumo-nin quickly made some distance between himself and Hakai while simultaneously dodging another slash from the wooden sword with the slimmest of margins. The tables had turned, for the first time since the battle had started, he was wounded and breathing heavily.

“You! Truly, even an old tiger is still a tiger. I underestimated you…and that strange sword of yours. I didn't expect you to have another weird treasure. I didn’t want to use it since I can only do it once but you leave me no choice. I have to kill you!” He said “Storm release- Laser dance!”

Hakai who was already beaten up could and also breathing heavily wasn't even in a condition to dodge or run. He merely blocked a few lasers as multiple other lasers bent in and hit him with great force sending him flying into the trees again. This time he destroyed multiple trees in his path creating a gully on the ground.

“Haaaa..Haaaaa” The Kumo-nin was wheezing heavily. “Ha.. HA! MWAHAHAHAH! Finally! Fina….” Just when he thought he could celebrate a rotating mess of energy hit him right on his wound.

It was Kenji with a deformed Rasengan in his hand. He had tried to learn it in the last few months after finding out he had lightning and wind release through a chakra paper. He was in the Naruto world after all! He couldn’t deal with only body conditioning for so many months, so he saved some money and bought the chakra nature paper to find out if he could learn some ninjutsu.

Although he didn’t know any elemental ninjustsu he could still learn the Rasengan which was the only jutsu he knew how to learn step by step. He tried to learn it but so far only a miserable deformed ball of air would form before dissipating into nothing. He thought it could do some decent damage but the Kumo-nin had only taken a few steps back. He was holding his wound tighter than before with slightly more blood coming out from an already fatal wound. It was only his tenacity which was keeping him conscious and standing.

“You little shit!” he said before catching me by the neck and lifting me up in the air with his other hand. “You and your little family have caused so many losses to Kumogakure that without them we would be ruling over the other hidden villages already. I don’t usually like killing kids… but your kind… it’s best if they disappear.”

I couldn’t breathe. It was the obvious since I was getting chocked but that was all my brain could think of. My whole body was trembling. I had already tried hitting him as hard as possible but it hadn’t worked. I could feel my brain getting foggier by the minute. Snot and drool were coming out as I tried my best to just let one breath in. My limbs started getting tired. Was this how I was going to die? I had really tried hard. I had given my best in this world where I was suddenly put in to slowly gain strength and live…. Mariko-sensei… I wanted to save her…I wanted to see her again…

Suddenly I felt his grip on me go loose. I gasped as my lungs pulled in air with everything, they had to keep me alive. I fell onto the ground. Someone had lifted me up again but this time they picked me like a carry bag by my belt tied to the waist.

“AAAAAAHHHHH! Fuck! Fuck!” Oto was screaming. His hand had been cleanly sliced off just below his shoulder. Blood had splashed all over the ground. His armour had been stained red. Oto tried to limit the blood loss but he didn’t know which wound he should even cover anymore.

“How?! How are you still standing?!” He questioned Hakai. “Your horn….” He said, noticing that Hakai now magically had a horn on his head.

“I once made a promise to someone. But I guess I’ll have to break it here. That promise didn’t do me much good anyway.” Hakai raised his arm up. “Let me show you kid. How I killed your father and the true Storm release.” The sky rapidly grew gloomy and dark as a vortex of clouds were formed that crackled above them. Oto noticed it and quickly tried to run away. Rain started lightly pouring down but Oto couldn’t tell if it really was the rain or it were just his tears.

“Storm release- Indra’s Rage.”

large bolt of lightning with water fell directly towards where they were. All Oto could do was watch it fall killing him and all his ambition, hopes and dreams. ‘Forgive me father I couldn’t keep our legacy. If only I hadn’t chosen to do this alone, if only I hadn’t had so much greed, if only….’

The lightning bolt descended like a laser decimating the ground and everything around it.

 

 

 

 

Please leave a comment or a review or both. I would appreciate it :)

18