Chapter 13
207 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven had been trailing Hakai for a few days now. He had been tasked by Danzo-sama to track the child but ended up tracking his father in the end. When Hakai had launched the storm release attack he had wanted to take advantage of the situation and attack when the opponent was weak but all his instincts at that time had screamed at him warning him not to attack.

‘Seven’, it was a name granted to him by Danzo-sama. He probably had a real name once but he couldn’t remember it. Just like his name he wasn’t anything special and he knew it. He was just slightly above average in talent. So far in his little career as an anbu the only reason he had managed to survive was because of his stealth capabilities and his instincts.

So, like always he decided to trust his instincts and withdraw only deciding to track the father-son duo until he had a better chance to do something. The child was a good seed that could be very helpful to Dazo-sama. His physical capabilities and chakra reserves were far greater than ordinary children of the same age. The father however was a mysterious variable. There was very little known about him other than what he himself had seen and his fake identity maintained at the village. He had revealed his identity as being part of the Hagoromo clan but that clan was long extinct so there was very little possibility of it being the truth. He did have storm release but that was quite common amongst ninja in kumogakure.

However, seven knew one thing for certain, this man was dangerous and had to be eliminated if the child was to be obtained. Of course, seven had little confidence to deal with him alone so he had left behind a trail that only his colleagues could recognize and follow. Seven had waited patiently but support had yet to arrive. He was sure Danzo-sama would also investigate the battle site and other anbu would notice the trail if they looked close enough but he couldn’t tell how far behind they were from him.

Hakai had been close to finding him a few times…. That hadn’t happened to him in his life too many time as he specialized in stealth after all. The longer he trailed the duo the closer he got to getting caught. He could feel it coming. He couldn’t wait for too long.

Just when he needed it an opportunity had arrived. Hakai hadn’t slept the whole journey. Yes, this monster hadn’t slept for 7 days. He had pretended to close his eyes for a bit perhaps to rest them but he hadn’t truly gone to sleep.

When he had arrived at the inn he finally seemed to have relaxed as if he were at home and had gone to sleep. It was the perfect chance to finish him off. His breathing and heartrate had completely matched a person deeply in sleep.

…That’s what I had thought…. I didn’t expect him to be completely awake when I came to his room.

….

….

Hakai had been a little annoyed for the past few days. He had thought he would be able to escape his pursuers that eventually would chase him and avoid them altogether but there was already one who was tracking them. He had done all he could to drag him out of his cover but that bastard just wouldn’t relent. Fortunately, there was only one guy. It wasn’t like he hadn’t tried to kill him already but that bastard was just too paranoid and noticed even the smallest action he would take. Hakai could only pretend and keep going as fast as possible. He had set up a trap for that guy and had even wasted a few hours here because of him.

Finally, he felt someone come up right beside him. “Finally! You decided to show up! I’ve been waiting for a long time.”

Hakai got up from the mattress casually and stretched a bit.

‘This man… for how long had he known…. He was too dangerous. I have to escape…’Seven had no intention of dying such a useless death that didn’t bring any value. Even though Hakai was being casual right now he knew that this man could kill him easily if he wanted to. He also had his horn back on his head again.

“Don’t attack or ill launch a jutsu at this wall. Your son is behind it-“

His arm that was pointing at the wall was suddenly rotating up in the air spraying blood everywhere. It had been sliced off cleanly from his shoulder.

“Hmm.. I was sure I told Ippei to take him away for a while? Well, whatever it doesn’t matter since I didn’t know you were this weak. Did you only specialize in stealth?”

His wooden katana was covered with chakra somehow didn’t have a drop of blood on it even though it had ruthlessly chopped one of his arms off. Seven attempted to run away only to be caught by the neck from behind. His other arm tried to reach for his own weapon but it was also swiftly cut away.

“Quite resilient… getting both your arms sliced off yet not letting out a yelp of pain. Truly a member of the Anbu. Now how did you track me down so early? Who else knows?”

Seven knew that his death would come soon one day but he hadn’t expected it to be such a miserable death. The enemy had known everything from the beginning. He had anticipated everything and prepared a perfect trap.

Seven wasn’t truly emotionless no matter how much he had trained to be. He had always wanted to be free. There was a part of him that hated himself for being weak. It was why he used stealth and had assassinated and killed multiple shinobi and people stronger than him. However, that was all he had. This huge amount of hate that been locked away thought to have disappeared but was waiting, waiting for a moment to be let free.

In his dying moments while being humiliated, seven thought. How could he be free? Would sabotaging the mission be considered becoming free?

He opened his mouth to spit out a flying explosive seal. It was towards the wall beyond where Denji was.

“Shit!” Hakai hadn’t expected such a sudden action. He reacted too late. The seal crashed into the wall exploding it.

Hakai sliced the man’s head off immediately before going through the hole that had been created. He knew this man wouldn’t leak any information and could be of no further use.

‘I couldn’t do it’- that was seven’s last thought. Seven had died without becoming free. He wasn’t able to go against his mission in the end. He had changed the trajectory in the last second.

 

 

 

 

Please leave a comment or review or both. I would appreciate it.

6