Chapter 17
184 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This chapter deals with Kenji's trauma from his past. If you don't like stuff like that then you can skip this chapter.

 

 

 

At first I was excited to obtain some special eye technique that I haven’t even heard of before but when I heard what I needed to do in exchange for it I almost fainted. Why was he even asking a kid like me to do such a difficult task. I know I was an adult mentally but my body was really mostly useless right now.

 I walked out of the hut with a complicated expression on my face. “Did we truly come to this place just to take my horns out?” I asked Hakai. “So, this wasn’t a safehouse or whatever after all, just all lies constructed by you to fool me into coming here!”

He just looked at silently. Like always using his eyes to look down on me like I was some insect or a parasite sucking away his life. I hated it and him.

My mental health couldn’t take it anymore. It was already collapsing slowly in my last life. Now suddenly I was put into this miserable body that couldn’t do anything on its own. I was put in a world that even if you became an adult you could die at any time by some random nobody.

All I had ever wanted was to grow up get a stupid job and live a laid-back life. All the work towards that goal in my last life was wasted. Now when I had finally settled down a bit in Konoha my whole life was turned upside down into some sort of vigilante. I was being told to complete some impossible to do favor or stop the growth of my horns which basically destroyed my life as a shinobi. If I couldn’t be a strong shinobi how the fuck would I survive in this world. How the fuck would I save Mariko-sensei?! I didn’t want to die…. I didn’t want to die again!

My heart was beating uncontrollably fast and I was slowly breathing faster and faster. I was only standing straight up but I was out of breath.

I didn’t care anymore. I’m was running away. That’s right I didn’t know what was happening but I just ran like I always had. Running away always solved everything. At this moment I wished I could run at the speed of light and somehow be transported back to my old world. I ran and ran and ran. Until someone caught me by my collar from behind.

“That’s enough, what did that senile old man tell you.” He questioned me while looking down on me again with those hateful eyes of his again!

“You are the one who is senile and old let me go!” I tried to escape his grasp but he wouldn’t let go no matter how hard I hit him. I took a knife out from my clothing that I had secretly taken away from Hiraku’s room.

I used at it to stab at his arm. “AAAAAAAHH! Let me go!” I stabbed him multiple times. His blood splashed on my face. He still wouldn’t let go. If the arm didn’t work then I would aim at his chest. I would kill him! Just like my past life!

***

The TV was switched on playing my one of my favourite cartoons doraemon but I didn’t have any mood to see it. I was in the corner of the room all bruised up by beat up multiple times. I laid there as I didn’t have the energy to move.

From the room besides me I could hear loud crashes and screams. Those screams were like a ghosts, extremely high pitched and haunting my every waking second. They were my mother’s.

My angelic mother who treated me very nicely. She would drop me off and pick me up from school, put my favourite cartoon on, prepare me my favourite snacks and give me the best bedtime stories. She was the only one who treated me nicely.

So, I wondered why, why she looked at me in horror when I opened the door. The despicable, horrid man had beat her until her face was bent out of shape, but I could tell she wasn’t experiencing horror from me looking at the state of her it was more towards what I held in my hand.

“No!” She screamed at me but I had already stabbed it in deep. Deep into his spine. It was my dear mother’s latest knife. She really liked buying them. She said it helped her make delicious food for him.

She then went over and checked at that man that spasmed at the floor uncontrollably. Why did she look so worried? I had just ended the vermin that had caused us insufferable pain. She looked at me with eyes that were afraid of me. The same eyes she looked with at that demon. I dropped the knife in my hand shaken because of her look.

“I didn’t mean to…. I just….” I pleaded with her but she continued to look at me in horror. She was looking at me with the same eyes that the outsiders would look as us with. I ran away. I quickly opened the door and ran away from that hellish place.

***

I stabbed at Haki with all my strength. “This is for trying to kill me! Die!” The knife got stuck to his body.

He calmly took the knife out and threw it away. He looked absolutely unfazed by any of my attacks. “Are you done now?”

I was huffing and puffing. What had I done? I didn’t want to do something like this again. I looked down at my bloodied hands. My tears were falling down to them. It was over, my time had truly come. I watched as Hakai arms extended towards me to end me.

….

….

Hakai looked at his son. The orange flame like chakra covering him slowly died out. Thankfully it hadn’t fully manifested.

He had truly done a terrible job raising him. He should’ve listened to that woman Mariko much earlier. Well, better late than never. He pulled Kenji into a hug. “Just let it all out.” As soon as he said that Kenji who was already letting out tears down broke down completely. Shaking and wailing as loud as possible.

 

 

 

Please leave a comment or review or both. I would appreciate it :)

8