Chapter 19
151 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hakai entered the hut Kenji was in a rush. He walked to where Kenji was lying down and harshly picked him up as he planned to leave when a woman stopped him.

“Oh, you’re here.” The woman taking care of Kenji was sitting inside idly. She was smiling at first but when she saw Hakai’s katana and his bloodied clothes her face hardened. “What are you doing?”

Suddenly the noise of a bell rang across the whole clan. “The elder was murdered! The elder was murdered!” Shouted someone from far away. The woman instantly understood what had happened. She activated her Ketsuryugan to take down Hakai but when she looked at him, he had his eyes closed.

“I don’t intend to harm you so don’t get in the way.” He was beside her in an instant and punched her abdomen hard taking the wind out of her. She fell to the ground holding her abdomen in pain.

Hakai had already pressed a chakra point on Kenji to keep him asleep. He quickly moved on. His task was complete. He took out two bottles containing two eyeballs that he had just extracted from a clan member and transferred them onto Kenji in his asleep state as quick as he could while using the only medicinal chakra technique he knew of. The sooner he transferred the eyes the better it was.

He knew the clan members had no time to chase him after all he had just killed more than 10 members of their already small clan. The clan was in a complete mess and in disarray. They weren’t use to this sort of situation. They didn’t know what protocol was to be taken in cases like these. Hakai was taking advantage of this and moving away from the clan as fast as his legs could carry him.

When he thought he had put enough distance between himself and the clan a jet stream of red water suddenly crashed into him sending him tumbling into the rocky surface. Kenji had been freed from his grip and also rolled a bit further away from him. Looks like one of the clan members had caught his trail.

I was jolted awake by pain cruising all over my body. I was bruised at various places. When I lifted myself up, I noticed a blonde man fighting Hakai by controlling the nearby red water from the springs and streams nearby. He kept showering streams of red water that threatened to drown Hakai.

….

Hakai was using his lightning nature chakra and his katana to cut away the streams. The blonde man realized that at this rate Hakai would close in on him and beat him. He wanted to use genjutsu but the bastard kept his eyes closed all the time and was still accurately deflecting all his efforts. His eyes were bleeding heavily. He was not used to fighting and neither was he good at using large amounts of the water. However, he had to stop this bastard that had killed their clansmen at any cost.

He looked to the side and noticed the dazed little kid. He immediately fired off a stream of red water to distract Hakai. The tactic worked as he saw Hakai moving towards the kid to protect him. He had an opening. But just when he was about to attack his control over the iron water broke. “What?” The water all fell to the ground. He tried to regain control to attack again but it was too late.  Hakai didn’t let him recover and stabbed him through his heart.

“H-How..?” he struggled to say his final words as he looked at the kid. He had the same eyes as his clansmen despite not being a part of it. When he realized what they had done he merely said- “Bastards” before Hakai pulled his Katana out creating another spring of blood ending him.

My eyes were bleeding. I had just seen a jet of red water blasting at me when suddenly my eyes started bleeding ordering the water to scatter away. What was even going on? The stinging pain in my eyes caused me to close them shut tightly. He fell down to the ground in exhaustion as he felt his chakra had been used up.

Hakai quickly ran to him tying a cloth around his eyes. “Get some rest for now.”

I felt myself getting carried up. Then Hakai pressed at my neck which made me go back to sleep.

When I woke a sense of panic filled me. The last thing I remembered was being under attack. It was like I had closed my eyes for one moment and woken up the next. I had a cloth tied around my head blocking my view. I was about to untie it after sitting up when I heard Hakai call out to me.

“Don’t untie it, you can’t control your eyes at the moment it’ll just cause you to faint.” He held my hands and blocked them from the clothe. “Relax we aren’t anywhere near the Chinoike village right now. Let your horns be helpful to you for once and heal them.”

My breathe slowed down when I heard that. My eyes were feeling a stinging pain. I could feel the change in my eyes. I knew that this change meant only one thing. “Did you do it? Did you kill them?” I asked with trepidation.

“Yes, it was inevitable.” He answered back apathetically.

Feeling helpless all I could do was hold the grass around me in anger. “Was that all we could have done? Was it the only solution?” I felt sorrow and regret for the ones that had died.

I remembered the conversation I had with Hiraku-

***

“You must kill me and four other powerful shinobi from the Chinoike clan.” Hiraku spoke about his death and his kin with a straight face as if he were just talking about the weather.

“If you do so you will obtain the Ketsuryugan which will not only greatly increase your fighting capabilities but also possibly help you gain control of your horns at least to the level of where they won’t be a hindrance to you. Remember this trade will benefit both you and my clan in the long run.”

***

After I heard that I had walked out dazed with a buzzed head that wasn’t able to process how I would kill four skilled shinobi or be asked to give up on my horns ending my life as a shinobi. And the rest of the events happened how it did.

“Don’t overthink it. It wasn’t your fault. From the beginning he wanted me to kill his clansmen. He just used you. He had seen a future where with those shinobi alive the whole clan would be wiped out. I saved more lives than I ended. Besides Hiraku could see the future. If there was another way, he would surely take it.” What he didn’t tell Kenji was that the future he saw were only broken tidbits that often-had variables and inaccuracies.

Although what we did looked fine, it didn’t sit right with me. “Why did he ask us to do it and not do it himself?” I asked, still in melancholy.

“He couldn’t do it. He neither had the skill nor the courage. It would also only cause more infighting within the clan. By using us as villains he has made them unite against us. It is also a warning to them of what outsiders can do to their clan in their very own home, their safe haven.”

The picture was a bit clearer but it still didn’t feel right. Was Hakai an Itachi to them now or something?

“What now? Do we return to Konoha?”

“No, you are not ready.” Hakai answered almost immediately as if he had anticipated my question.

“Then where?”

“You’ll know soon enough.” He answered back.

….

….

En Oyashiro was crying tears of blood. He had gone off to secure supplies for the clan. To protect and preserve his very own clan that had failed to protect his pregnant wife. They had let an outsider come in and destroy everything they had. Everything they lived for.

He knew it was probably all the plan of the elder. Being the right-hand man of the elder he knew of his powers and why each member had died. Besides his wife only people who were disliked by the elder were killed. It couldn’t have been a coincidence. But what had his wife done? She had died with a mere hit to her abdomen along with his unborn child just for being in the way. His first born daughter Chino was the only reason he hadn’t slaughtered everyone in the clan already for their incompetence.

The clan had decided to relocate within the mountains to cover up their location so as to not be found again. However, it didn’t matter to Oyashiro as he was leaving the clan. He would not be bound to the miserable confines of this place. He would make whoever did this pay dearly. He would make them wish they hadn’t messed with the affairs of the Chinoike clan. No, he would make them pay for messing with him and his family.

 

 

 

Please leave a comment or review or both! I would appreciate it :)

9