Control
284 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cathal stood there, in the middle of the arena.

Completely silent and still.

His eyes were unfocused, and his mind was somewhere else.

“This is something you must control. Otherwise, you can only be a beast.” Darth Marr muttered as he struggled to stand up.

‘Why! Blood, what did I do? Why am I hurt again?’

‘You are weak. You should show them. Kill them all.’

‘I did nothing to them. Why do they want me to die?’

‘They are just greedy. Greedy for your power. Show them. SLAUGHTER THEM ALL!’

‘Maybe I should.’

‘Yes, yes! Do it!’

‘Who are you? Why am I listening to you?’

‘I am you. Your true feelings. Your subconscious. Now kill them!’

‘They really deserve to die.’

‘Yes, yes, yes!’

Right as the pressure was building up so much that people were on the verge of death, it completely disappeared.

Like nothing ever happened.

Darth Marr sighed and shook his head as he stared at Cathal.

Cathal’s eyes regained their focus, and he stared at Saval, who was being crushed on the floor.

He was not unconscious yet, as Cathal kept him, and didn’t let him.

His entire body was mangled, and his face was staring up at Cathal.

His eyes were begging for forgiveness or death.

Saval could not take this torture any more.

“You are nothing but a mindless beast if you can’t control the darkness.” Cathal voiced to himself.

Cathal turned towards Darth Marr and stared at him for a few seconds and bowed.

“I saw this is usually how people in the Empire thank people. Thank you for your words. Master.” Cathal said to Darth Marr, who was standing on the side.

Darth Marr didn’t answer, he just nodded to Cathal.

‘Phew. That could have gone to shit.’

Cathal turned back to Saval.

“I will relieve you of the pain. There is no need to overdo it.” Cathal said in an apathetic voice.

Saval’s eyes widened as much as possible, and he was squirming about.

His eyes filled with despair.

Cathal took both his swords and stabbed one in Saval’s heat, and one in his brain.

The light quickly faded from Savals eyes.

He was dead, and only four people witnessed it.

One was his master, Darth Marr.

One Was Darth Baras, who was both happy and angry.

One was Darth Jadus, who was standing on the edge, silently watching it.

Last one was watching it on a hologram, somewhere in a dimly lit room, his first clenched so hard he was bleeding.

Cathal left his swords embedded in Saval’s corpse and walked to Darth Marr.

“Master, can we leave now?”

“Yeah, then go back to training.”

***

After getting back to his office, Darth Marr started pondering about how to handle the future.

‘Should I always follow him, or should I let him do it on his own?’

‘It would be better for his growth to just leave him somewhere and see how it goes. But I need some safety.’

Darth Marr focused on his senses and felt Cathal in the room next to him.

It was a big lounge with couches, tables and, most of all, weapons.

Cathal was sitting on one couch, fully immersed in the holo pad in his hand.

‘To get a lightsaber, I have to kill a Jedi and take theirs. That should not be too hard. But who should I kill?’

He stood up and walked over to Darth Marr.

“What?” Darth Marr asked as he faced Cathal, who just stood before him.

“I want a lightsaber. So can you drop me off on a planet where there is a Jedi?”

‘Oh, It seems I didn’t have to do anything.’

“Yeah, I can find a suitable planet for you. But you will have to fulfill a mission while there.” Darth Marr said as he started digging in his Holopad.

Cathal nodded and just waited there.

“Here, the mission you will have is to take control of the Republic base on the surface of Quesh. There will be tons of Jedi there.” Darth Marr said as he handed the holopad to Cathal.

The mission in itself was one he made up.

Environmental poisons have made Quesh one of the most dangerous and valuable planets in the galaxy, and the grounds for a savage battle between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire.

Though the chemicals on Quesh are lethal to most life forms, they can also be used to create some of the most potent adrenals in the galaxy… and untold wealth for whoever controls the ingredients.

Initially discovered by the Republic during the Great War, Quesh was abandoned after scientists detected the poisonous content of its atmosphere.

It wasn’t until years later that a young chemist rummaging through old data recognized the potential for the chemical compounds on Quesh—they are incredibly close to venenit shadaaga (Hutt Venom), a primary ingredient in high-grade adrenals for healing, reflexes, and concentration.

If Cathal succeeded in this mission, it would be a huge win for the Sith Empire.

Of course, Darth Marr knew this.

He was looking for ways to raise Cathal’s prestige within the Empire.

As long as Cathal’s prestige grows, Darth Marr’s authority will also grow.

The Empire will also have one more person to rely on and look up to.

Darth Marr also needed Cathal to show that he was worthy to be his disciple in name.

Not to him, but to others.

——————————

Hiya, Author’s back.

Chapter out as promised.

Now It will go a bit more over the galaxy.

He will stick with Darth Marr for a good time, as it’s the closest thing he has as a family.

and yeah…

That’s about it.

I need to go to sleep now, been awake for 46h.

Good night!

12