60.
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'So fast!' Kevin exclaimed, but the mutant launched a straight uppercut to his lower chin, breaking his jaw and disfiguring his head as well upon impact.

[Dead! Player Kevin has been killed by a mutant. -30 HP damage was inflicted on player's HP. Dropped item: G-23 handgun, 2 magazines, 500 gold coins and 3 skill books.]

My eyes widened in shock, but not in fear.

No matter what, I refused to express fear in front of my enemies.

This mutant was fast. Faster than anything I had fought against, aside from Spencer, but even Spencer wasn't fast enough against a surprise attack I made.

'That's right. Spencer speed might actually be the same with this mutant,' I concluded.

Kevin's body dropped right in front of me. His eyes were no longer where they were supposed to be.

In fact, his entire head doesn't look recognizable anymore.

'I can't believe a huge and strong man was reduced to nothing but this,'

The zombies around noticed fresh meat laid on the floor for them, they lumbered while dragging their feet one step at a time to Kevin's deceased body.

I tightly held on to the revolver I had in my hand, then aimed straight at the mutant.

*Pow!*

*Pow!*

*Pow!*

The mutant easily dodged the bullets while keeping its gaze locked to me.

'Yep! It's official. This mutant is unlike any other I've fought against,' I thought.

Though, I would like to move forward to grab the G-23 handgun Kevin dropped as an item, but the more I shoot, the more the mutant saunters towards me.

With this, I had no choice but to move back slowly while still pointing my gun towards the mutant.

The mutant stood right in front of the zombies munching on Kevin's corpse.

Its eyes were still locked on mine, but when it saw I wasn't going to shoot anymore, it drifted its gaze to the zombies gathered before it.

Curling its hand into a fist, the mutant threw its fist straight into one of the zombie's head.

The head of the zombie exploded, then the mutant turned towards another zombie.

This time around, it dragged the head of the rotten corpse, pulling the head away, alongside the spinal cord of the zombie from its body.

The brutality of the mutant towards the zombies munching on Kevin's body didn't stop there.

While the mutant continued to kill the rest of the zombies, I instantly summoned the weapon shop, scanning through the list of weapons I could purchase.

But the weapons weren't what I wanted right now. What I wanted were new sets of magazines, which I purchased.

I bought two magazines for my weapon, with each having six bullets in them because I was out of ammo.

No matter the kind of gun used, when a player wants to purchase a magazine, the price for all of them remains constant.

'For now, these two magazines should be enough,' I thought.

'But I'm a bit concerned and worried by the word 'Adapter' displayed on the mutant's name.' I thought while looking at the mutant which was about to kill all the zombies in front of it.

Hurriedly, I placed my bullets into the revolving cylinder. 

I hope to aim at the mutant skull before it kills all the zombies on Kevin's corpse, because I fear the worst might happen If  I don't act fast.

But it was too late.

The mutant lacerated all the remaining zombies.

"Tch! I knew it," I clicked my tongue.

The mutant's objective for killing the rest of the zombies was to get its hands on the weapons, and I feared this might actually be the case.

The mutant grabbed the golden coins, the G-23 handgun, and the skill books dropped right beside Kevin's corpse.

'Is this mutant a player?' 

'The way it acts is like a player. It knows its head is the most important part of its body and places priority on protecting it while fighting,'

The mutant might look like a rotten walking corpse, but it certainly has the capability to think, unlike the snarling zombies around.

It had a rotten flesh with no lips. In fact, it lips looked like it had been pulled away, leaving behind its naked teeth.

The mutant was smart enough to know that sooner or later, I would need more ammunition if my current supply dropped.

It stored the weapons to prevent me from equipping it.

But because it hadn't acquired the skill that would teach it how to shoot, it didn't know how to use a gun yet.

It acquired the hand-to-hand combat skill from a player it killed. 

It also acquired the Enhanced Vision skill, which enabled it to see at night as well.

The mutant stored the handgun and the rest of the item in its inventory, but still had an eye watching me as it turned its head sideways to prevent my bullets from penetrating its temple.

My eyes widened at how good the mutant concentration was. I continued to aim towards the head of the mutant.

Aiming for the body would only just be a waste of time as a bit of the bullets I shot earlier hit the mutant's body with not a single negative value floating from the mutant.

I concluded it would only be better to aim the mutant on its head and no other place else.

But as I focused only on the head., the mutant kept evading the bullets 

Even though the mutant didn't have a lip, I could still see its mocking gaze, which made it look like the mutant was smiling at me.

 

The mutant pointed a finger towards me while saying with a cracking voice. "H…human.....d.....die," 

"Oh, h.e.l.l no,"

But it didn't give me time to react before it vanishes in front of me to land a fist on my stomach.

___

The total number of players currently in the game: 77,775.

Number of deceased players: 5.

Total number of deceased players: 2,225.

0