Volume One, Chapter Two Point Five: An Unusual House Cleaning (2)
603 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 The house is a lot more dusty than I thought. It's going to take us a bit longer than I thought. And to make things worse, I cut my hand on a piece of glass. 

"Oww..."

I wince as Yoko bandages my wound.

"This is a rather deep cut, Aniki."

Yeah, it's hurting like hell, to be honest.

*DING-DONG* 

That must be the pizzas. Finally, they've gotten here.

"Oi, Yoko, could you get that for me?"

"Right."

While she goes to answer the door, I try to flex my hand around a bit, but...

"Ouch!"

Yeah, that really smarts. I'm not going to be able use it properly for a while. 

"I'm back!", Yoko calls out.

Yoko re-appears with the pizzas in hand, seeing this, I realise something. 

"Ah, man. I forgot that I ordered pizzas with meat on them.", I groan, "Now what are you going to have to eat?"

Yoko, however, puts my qualms to rest.

"I've been eating meat for a while now, actually."

I'm sorry? 

Oji and his family are vegetarians, so they obviously don't eat meat. So why is Yoko doing so?

"When did you start doing that?" , I ask curiously. 

"About five years. I'm doing so because it's something I've to get used to after all."

Something to get used to? Why is that? Well, whatever. It's not my place to intrude. 

"Well, it's good that I don't have to worry about you having some food anymore. Let's tuck in and finish up with work."

"Right."

  I try to get in contact with The Chikara family, but....

"Bloody hell."

I've ran out of battery on my phone. Well, I at least got to apologise to Takai and Gege, who thoroughly chewed me out.

"Yoko, can I- WHA?!"

I turn around to ask Yoko if she brought her charger along with her, but she was standing there in her underwear. 

"What's wrong, Aniki?", she asks innocently. 

"Why are you changing right here where I can see you?"

"It's not really an issue. And besides I want you to see me."

She wants me to see her? She's not serious, is she? Not to mention it, but Yoko's body is really something. Her breasts are pretty big, nice hips. Very curva- WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING, DAMN IT?!?!?!

I swiftly smack myself across the face. Begone, carnal desires!

"Aniki?! Why did you do that?!" , Yoko exclaims.

"Mosquito." , I lie, "Say, did you bring your charger along with you?"

"Uh, yes.", Yoko replies slowly, "It's in my bag."

Right, I'll just try to forget about what just happened and put my phone on charge. Hm? 

Oh, hey! Yoko brought along her toy tanto. I remember buying she, Naoya and I toy weapons at a festival a years ago. Sky blue with white petals decorating it. It's rather strange that she has it with her, though. I may as well ask her about it. 

I pick it up, and quickly take notice of its weight. That's not right, it's made of plastic. I un-sheath it with apprehension, only to see the blade shimmer in the light. Yeh, it's real.

"Yoko, come here."

"Yes, Aniki?"

Thankfully, she's dressed now.

"What's up with this?", I query, waving around the tanto carefully. 

"Oh, that's Hanabira No Sora. I made it up to look like the toy you bought for me."

"Yeah, I thought that it was the toy. Imagine my surprise. So why do you have it?"

"Ah, I'm a kunoichi in training, see?", Yoko explains, " So that's why I have one."

A kunoichi? When did she start doing that? I feel as though Yoko is hiding a lot of things from us.

"Well, I'm curious as to why you started this training, but you usually do things like this for a good reason."

"Don't worry, Aniki.", Yoko grins, "I'll make you aware of why soon enough."

"I can't wait. But let's get some sleep for now, yeah?"

"Sure. We can share a bed like when we were younger."

Yeh, that's not going to happen.

18