Day After The First Mission, Part One
21 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Arianne’s POV)

    Outside of West Hill Academy’s school gate lies a dark green Auto Union, customised to be the perfect chauffeuring vehicle. And the one being chauffeured is yours truly, of course. The school bell peals, bringing the school day to a close, and in a few minutes the people who I’m waiting on come into view.

Yoko, Akane and Haruhi-chan all come out together, and are making a bee-line towards me, with Yoko leading the charge. I’m guessing that she’s picking up on my mana.

“Is that them, Young Mistress?”

“Yes, Mr.Hilroy. Please let them in.”

“Yes, Young Mistress. But may I ask you a question first, Young Mistress?”

“Of course.”

Mr.Hilroy may work for my family, but he naturally deserves respect. Especially with him being an elder to me by a large margin.

“Where is the Young Master? Usually he would be with you in this case.”

“Oh, Govvy is busy with work at the moment. However, you’ll be seeing him later this day for certain.”

“That’s good to hear.”

With that, Mr.Hilroy goes to open the door for the girls.

“Yo, Arianne.”, Yoko says idly.

“Wow! I never thought that I would get to ride in a car like this!”

Haruhi-chan excitedly looks around the car, her eyes a-glow. I can’t help but smile at her enthusiasm.

Akane stays ominously silent as she enters, her expression looking rather sour. Mr.Hilroy rolls up the dividing glass and grants up some privacy. Before the gap even shuts properly, Akane begins her tirade in earnest.

“Why didn’t you all tell me that Daisuke-nii almost got shot, huh?! Something like that should be the first thing you bring up, not some damn stupid dagger! Are you kidding me?!”

“Actually, it was a knife.”, Yoko interjects.

Akane gives her a murderous glare that Yoko completely ignores as she changes the subject.

“Speaking of that knife, did you happen to find anything about it during your research, Arianne?”

“Unfortunately, I haven’t. I’ll have to ask papa to look through his secret book collection when he comes back from his business trip.”

Papa has a cache of books that cover a wide variety of mysterious and clandestine topics. He had always dismissed my desire to read them when I was younger, but now that I’ll be turning nineteen in December, he may finally give me the right to do so.

“Did he really go crazy after wielding the knife?”, Haruhi-chan asks.

“He sure did.”, Yoko affirms. “What’s strange is that it only affected him once he opted to us it against us. As soon as he did started to go on about feeling the power flowing through him.”

“It was totes cursed, then. That’s so creepy..”

“What’s creepier is that Naoya and Akai were able to sense the mana coming from it, despite being unable to do so normally.”

“So what did you do to the one that shot at Daisuke-nii?”

Akane finally joins our discussion, only to turn it back to about what happened to Govvy. Yoko openly sighs and Haruhi-chan smiles weakly at her stubbornness. It’s best to just tell her.

“Yoko sliced his hand off. We wanted to do a little more, but you know how Govvy is.”

“That’s it?”, Akane says, looking incredulous.

“That was all that was necessary.”, Yoko says in a deadpan voice.”And like Arianne said, Aniki wouldn’t exactly take kindly to us doing more than that.”

Akane folds her arms impatiently.

“I can’t wait to get my Akai Seishin-Ryoku mode mastered, I’ve just about got the hang of it. And when I do-”

“Daisuke-san will have his hands full...”, Haruhi-chan concludes.

I think we should apologise to Govvy in advance.

3