Chapter 3: New World
42 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

3. Do you still have homework right now?

Answer Here (If you want)!

(Word Count ↑1500)

"This system is extraordinarily powerful," I murmured, my eyes widening as the system AI finished demonstrating its various functions to me.

Due to my 15 years of experience as a professional reincarnator, I can tell you that this is one of those systems that makes you invincible in any world and with little to no failure in plans because you already have some knowledge of the future.

It could be said that except for a very small number, most of the protagonists in those animation novels proceed smoothly, and no matter what problem they confront, they can protect themselves from harm. This is what is known as the protagonist's halo.

To be honest, if the protagonist's experience in the anime novel is translated into reality, the protagonist's halo is inherently ludicrous. Many life-and-death crises; don't feign innocence; even if you are aware of them, they are still full of crises, and you are on the verge of death. You will be GG if you take the wrong step.

And the simulator aspect of the traversal simulator is almost like playing a game with the world. Since even if you fail the first time, you can try again and have several chances until you complete the level.

However, after each failed simulation, you can raise your starting value, increasing your chances of completing the level and consequently your chances of survival. Safety, stability, and everything else is pushed to their limits for this type of system.

{Host, there is one consequence or side effect of using the simulator ability of the system, and that is hostility from the Time Law. Since simulating the future is against the natural order of the world, the Time Law will send apostles, whether from the world's inhabitants or an outside force, to interfere with the host simulating. The longer the host simulates, the more powerful the resistance host will feel, and the more difficult it will be to survive the simulation. However, the Time Law will not always check up on the host, so the host will have a few months to years of rest time before the Time Law checks again. If the host does not use the simulator feature, the Time Law will not hinder the host.}

So that is why the main characters in those novels and Manhwa with the simulation system don't just become super op by grinding but have to fight now and then. I guess that's OK, at least there's a reason why individuals or some bullsh#t come to murder me while simulating, and the fact that I have a chance to survive only makes it fairer because we're both giving it our all with our minds and bodies.

{Do you want to traverse to a new world and begin your adventure now, host?}

After I finished disgusting the information, the AI asked whether I wanted to transfer to another world. I'm not sure if I'll experience pain when my soul is extracted and implanted in another body.

Then, after a few moments of hesitation, I agreed to carry out the operation, though those few moments of hesitation bothered me because I was always searching and longing for power, now that the opportunity was in front of me, I hesitated, revealing my weakness, or, more specifically, my emotional weakness, which I have yet to fix after 15 years of living in this new world. Since, while I desire power, I am afraid of the pain and consequences of obtaining it, which I cover up by telling myself that humans are complicated beings and they feel complex emotions.

"Start," I yell, loud enough to be heard but not so loud that I disturb my family's sleep as it was late and they have just finished their date by the door sound I heard before. This was to further convince me of my decision so that my weakness is concealed by my presenting a strong front to my weak self.

[Transferring the host to the host's sub-dimension.]

[Ding, the traversal simulation is starting, and the world is being randomly selected from low-leveled worlds...]

[The extraction is complete, the world chosen is "High School of the Dead".]

[Randomizing the initial talent... Congratulations to the host for getting a blue talent. You are born with the ability to make a good impression on those around you because of your great charisma; you are very attractive, and outsiders will frequently have a positive initial impression of you.]

"???"

I felt the corner of my mouth twitch as I glanced at the characters on the virtual screen. The talent I received through this system, while valuable in the setting of "High School of the Dead" since it would be easier to have teammates and allies because they have a positive impression on me, I hoped for a combat talent rather than a supporting talent.

A blue talent is not low since according to the system, talents are divided into white, blue, purple, red, and gold. Although blue is not particularly high, it is also not exceptionally low because it is 2 from below, which equals 2/5.

[Now bringing the transfer to the chosen world.]

...

The next thing I knew, I was waking up in an unknown room with little to no distinguishing features other than the fact that it appeared to be a Japanese theme room. The room was dull compared to my room back in my home world, except for the walls that contained anime pictures, most of which I had never seen before, which I believe are animes of this earth.

After adjusting to my new body, which I assume was created by the system because I am taller. I looked around to see if there was anything noteworthy, but I was met with disappointment as nothing was interesting around.

I decided to ask my AI where I was and if the apocalypse had already begun because it would be dangerous for me to wander around anymore since zombies could hear me and follow the sound to my location, consuming me alive.

{Not to fear, host, the apocalypse has not yet begun; in fact, the host is one month ahead of the event.}

Thank goodness, because it would be extremely difficult to survive without anything to use as defense other than the bat I'm holding and with little knowledge of the world. However, this begs the question of whether I will be infected by the virus, as it was never stated how the apocalypse began in the anime or manga, as the author died before finishing the manga.

{The host will not be affected by the virus in the air because the system ensured that it was added to the body's genetics, but the host can still turn into a zombie if bitten by them. Another thing the host should be aware of is that the system has modified the zombies so that they can evolve or mutate. There may be some zombies who gain intellect, but they will not be the same person since their souls have already left their bodies, leaving just memories in the brain.}

{I am unable to share any additional information about the zombies because the system refused to provide it to me because it wanted to challenge the host. Sorry, it was the best I could do.} Added the AI with an apologetic tone.

It's fine, you've already provided enough information, and the system is correct; I have more than enough cheats and assistance. If I still don't receive a good enough evaluation, I'm not much of a host, and I like challenges since it doesn't feel as good to have crazy power like Goku trains for it rather than wishing for it like Zamasu, who got beaten the crap out of by Goku and Vegeta.

That merely goes to show that power without hard work is meaningless in the face of those who work hard. But I have a question: is the plot the same from the beginning to the end of the manga, or is it an AU world?

{It would be the same with just more strength on the human side without the host present in this world.}

Okay, so this world is more akin to the "High School of the Dead" on steroids. *Headache*, and here come the memories of my body which generally acts like a bland person other than knowing a lot of people in the anime and some characters from the other anime the second author of the "High School of the Dead" which is "Triage X".

My system-created body knows the anime characters because they met by chance, which the system created, and they won't be suspicious of me because the body did similar actions to mine, and I attend the same school as the anime's main characters, Fujimi High School, where I am also a 17-year-old second-year student.

I also have the same appearance as my original body in my home world, except that it is more physically fit and older and which I am grateful for because it would be difficult to survive without enough physical strength.

I then looked out my window, and what I saw was vastly different from the Japan I was born into in my home world, though there were some similarities, such as how refreshing it was due to the fresh cherry petals gathered on the roadside and on top of my gateway, which is made of wood because my house is Japanese themed, so I have the typical small Koi pond with Shishi-Odoshi fountain and everything.

 

2