Chapter 1: A Mysterious Mansion In Ohio
376 12 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please be reminded, anything related to Touhou Project belongs to Team Shanghai Alice and to its creator, ZUN. Here's the illustration I used for the cover: https://www.pixiv.net/artworks/99495014

I admit it, I love Flan-chan, and my intrusive thoughts forced me to write this. Also, I'm not really confident if the plots are good though, so I'm open to any responses.

That's all, I hope you enjoy the novel!

Down In Ohio

There were rumours about a mysterious mansion that was said to materialise and then suddenly vanish in the state of Ohio. What caught the attention of a particular journalist was the case of a missing person who disappeared after posting a video of him searching for the mysterious mansion. The journalist started looking for people who believed in the rumours and found a homeless man who claimed to have been in the mansion.

"Joe and I were trapped in that mansion," the homeless man said, taking a sip from his beer, "I was the only one who managed to escape."

The journalist pointed his camera at the man's face and asked, "What happened in the mansion?"

"You won't believe it, no one believes anything I say."

"It's alright, this documentary will find someone who does."

"There lives this little girl in that mansion, she seemed innocent at first. But it turns out she's actually a cold-blooded vampire, she killed Joe."

"Who's Joe?"

"Joe… Joe is a friend of mine."

"How did you and your friend get into the mansion?"

"We were looking for 'who asked' and saw a huge mansion floating on a lake. That's how it all started."

"Where was that lake…?"

"I don't know, all I remembered was running away as far as I can."

After the interview, the journalist set out to find the lake, travelling from town to town by car. He didn't stop, even at night. Some folks even warned him, "Never find the mysterious mansion in Ohio," but he never thought twice. Until one day, when he was taking a piss on a tree, the mansion finally showed itself to him. It looked cold and empty, but the journalist still walked towards it. He spent weeks looking for it, why would he turn back. He felt small standing in front of the mansion, even the gates appeared to be tall. He zipped his pants and opened the front door, admiring the antique beauty of his surroundings. "WHY DID YOU ENTER?!" a voice screamed.

He was startled by the voice and immediately pulled out his camera, before realising that the internet doesn't work anymore. "No, it was working seconds ago!" he uttered a nervous cry.

A man with a missing arm appeared in front of him, half of his body was in red. "FOOL! YOU SHOULD'VE—" He never finished his sentence as he collapsed onto the floor, behind him was a blonde child who stood indifferently. She pulled out a knife stuck in her arm and let out a soft sigh, "That hurt me you know. You don't deserve an arm for that."

"Oh, you can't hear me anymore," she mumbled. Then she noticed the horrified journalist struggling to open the door, "My old friend?!"

His adrenaline rushed in as he threw the door open, but the girl grabbed him and laughed, "We haven't had fun yet!"

"I'm dead!" he thought to himself before being dragged into the living room while he screamed in terror as they passed by three bodies lying on the floor. His days in the mansion have now begun.

 


Favourite Doll 

The little vampire introduced herself as "Flandre Scarlet" and she named the journalist "Billy." His real name was, however, Ethan. Then she took him to her playroom and began playing with some toys.

"Hey, why are you just standing there? Are you bored?" she pouted.

"No, I'm sorry!" he shrieked, terrified.

There were two men outside the room listening through the door, they were disappointed in the journalist that he couldn't even handle a child. Once the little vampire gets bored — she'll kill him herself. One of the two men, the bearded one, suddenly opened the door and exclaimed, "I've had enough! At least I could save him!"

His friend couldn't stop him as he had already walked into the room. The bored vampire looked at the bearded man who started dancing and wiggling, he jumped and sang in rhythm, "My little mistress! What a wonderful day to play again!"

A while later, Flandre fell asleep on top of her fluffy toys. The bearded man soon revealed that he was once a clown performer in a children's show. "That's convenient." the journalist commented.

"Call me Tom," the bearded man said, "and what do I call you?"

"Ethan," the journalist replied.

Shortly after, they went to a room where Ethan met some people also trapped in the mansion. One of them, a middle-aged woman, has been living in the mansion since she was born, as she was born there. She was taken care of by a teacher who taught her everything she knows about the outside world.

"Can't we escape while the vampire is sleeping?" Ethan asked curiously.

"Of course, every door is locked. But, we already have a solution for that." a policeman answered him.

"What is it?"

"We'll use good ol' John here to show us his lockpicking skills."

The following morning, upon waking, Flandre was greeted by Ethan whose plan was to distract her while John and the others were trying to get the doors open. The little vampire, despite having just awakened, was full of playful energy. "Billy, you came back!" she smiled happily.

"Of course, why would I leave you? Hehe." Ethan chuckled. Little did they know, he was not only a journalist, but also a complete lolicon.

"I thought you'd never come back again, 'cause you left me before. Can we play?"

"Yeah. Wait, did I leave—"

"Yay! What kind of games do you like?"

"I like—"

"Let's make believe! We pretend to have a tea party. What kind of tea do you like? What kind of video games do you like?"

"Oh, I prefer coffee—"

"Here's your tea! I dunno know how to make coffee. Do you like Star Wars?"

"How do you know about—"

"I like Star Wars! Do you like Avatar?"

"How do—"

"I love Avatar! I love fire bending, watch me fire bend!"

"You can't—"

"Gaaahhh!"

Tom went to the others and said, "Ethan's distraction isn't going well." Then the policeman replied, "Just don't interrupt, he might fail to make that abomination sleep." After a while, they managed to get one door open. Apparently, there's still six doors ahead.

Meanwhile, Ethan was vocalising bird noises in front of Flandre, he held a toy pigeon which he waved in the air. She pointed at him and told that she wanted him to be the bird. He stood up promptly and flapped his arms like a bird, then he chirped like a bird.

"No, it's supposed to be 'quack' Billy." she grumbled.

"But birds don't quack, only ducks do," he argued.

"Eh…? You can't fly anyway."

"Alright. Quack, quack!"

Suddenly, Flandre gave a startled squeal as the front door opened. She quickly turned her head towards the window, where she saw her captives making their escape from the mansion. Ethan let out a scream of fear and charged towards the immortal vampire. He tackled her to the ground and continued to scream as he resigned himself to his death. But instead of attacking him, she calmly asked, "Why... why did you hurt me?"

He looked at her and noticed that her bright red eyes were filled with tears. She uttered a quivering cry, "If you leave, I'll be lonely again."

"Would you kill me?" he asked.

"Why would I kill you…? Billy is my greatest friend. Billy is my favourite doll."

"Didn't you kill everyone else?"

"I don't need new toys, I have Billy now. You're the only one I need."

He began weeping upon realising that Flandre mistook him for his father Billy, due to their resemblance. After all, his father's disappearance was a result of being trapped in the mansion, not because he went looking for milk. He reflected on his mistakes with regret, "I had always believed you never returned, looking for milk, Dad. But all these years of searching led me to you here in Ohio, in this mansion." 

She embraced him in her arms and gently patted his back, "There there, stop crying my lovely doll. I'll never break you again."

Tom walked into the room and witnessed their moment; the little vampire put a finger on her lips and shushed silently. Then she giggled, "He's snoring, it's so funny."

"Wasn't it supposed to be the other way around…?" Tom thought to himself, "How did he even fall asleep?!"

10