Chapter 4: Only in Ohio – The Real Mansion
104 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sorry for the inactivity. Just so you know, I already have the entire plot in my head, so the novel won't die from hiatus disease

That's all. Thanks for reading the novel!


Three Weird Guests

Remilia Scarlet, the mistress of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, hosted a large gathering for all humans and youkais; however, there were only few humans present as they view youkais as monsters. Reimu and Amelia happened to be there as they were on their way to solve an incident.

"I think I'm having terrible flashbacks," Amelia uttered at the sight of the eerily, familiar hallways.

"Don't worry, you're under the protection of the Hakurei Shrine," Reimu reassured her, making a bright face.

There were three notable guests in the gathering, one of them was Yuyuko Saigyouji, the head of Hakugyokurou and the "ghost princess" of the Netherworld. She can be seen complaining about being 'scammed' because she thought there would be a buffet in the gathering.

The other one was Satori Komeiji, she's from hell and everyone is scared of her.

And the last one was lecturing guests for some reason, her name was Eiki Shiki, the Yama who judges who goes to torment in hell or rest in paradise. She approached Reimu and coughed, "Ehem, your friend 'Marisa Kirisame' is making a commotion in the library, please drag her out of the mansion."

Reimu grumbled, "Hey, you're talking as if you're the one who hosted whatever party's here. Who even invited you…"

"Komachi, add ten more years to Reimu." Eiki shouted.

"What's that about?" Reimu asked the assistant, Komachi, who didn't reply but kept writing something on her paper. Reimu didn't hesitate to snatch it and saw a list of written names on the paper, one of which was her's next to the following words: "One hundred forty-five years of strangulation."

"What in the world?!" Reimu complained, "I won't be able to breathe even in my next life!"

"Don't worry, I'm sure you won't have another one." Eiki said as she tapped her piece of wood that had a kanji written on it, 'remorse.' Then she looked at Amelia and gave her a nice pat on the head, "Take care of your ghost here, Reimu."

 


Flandre Scarlet's Charismatic Big Sister

Remilia Scarlet, the host of the gathering, greeted Reimu with a special meal served only for the shrine maiden. But, she ignored the meal and went straight to find Sakuya. Remilia made a shameful pout, "You're so harsh when you're trying to resolve an incident. Then, who shall eat these?"

Reimu shrugged, "Amelia, I guess. She's a doll though so I don't know if she can taste food."

"I-I can!" Amelia hinted, making sure she won't lose such an opportunity.

Remilia giggled, her voice sounded too mature for her young appearance, which looked nearly like a kid. "Please enjoy it to your heart's content!" she smiled as she presented the wholesome, expensive-looking meal.

For some reason, Remilia stayed to watch Amelia enjoy her meal, who became curious enough to ask, "Miss Remilia, why watch me eat?"

"I don't know, I just feel like it," Remilia replied, smiling widely.

"Miss Remilia, is Flandre Scarlet your sister?"

"Oh, you've heard of her? Yes, she's currently in the basement."

"I-I see…"

Remilia's beaming smile turned into a concerned look, she uttered, "What's the matter, my dear?"

"N-nothing," Amelia blushed, unaware of the blood dripping out of her nose. Remilia was kind enough to wipe the leaking blood, making her laugh, "You look just like Sakuya when she had the same meal, both of you bled from the nose too. It's too funny to be a coincidence, maybe it's your fate to be here as well."

 


Rampaging In Reminiscence

All of a sudden, the floor beneath Amelia cracked open and she found herself in the air carried by a familiar figure, even though only its silhouette was visible, she could easily discern it to be Flandre Scarlet. "Let go of the doll!" the voice of Reimu echoed, and then a storm of needle shaped bullets rained upon them. Flandre was quick to respond by covering Amelia with her body, taking all of the bullets by herself. However, the bullets turned out to be harmless.

Seeing her chance, Reimu delivered a personal punch at Flandre. Then, the next seconds were only seen by Amelia; the world seemed to have stopped, and she could hear a clock ticking. By the time everything went back to normal, Reimu was met by a barrage of knives. She halted her flying momentum before the knives in front of her — which were placed by Dio's clone Sakuya Izayoi, a maid capable of stopping time and throwing knives while at it, — and then the time-stopping maid exclaimed, "I would tolerate anything but hurting Lady Flandre, Reimu!"

"You're a rip-off from another show," Reimu mocked, indicating to challenge her in a duel.

"Stop this madness!" Remilia yelled, "You guys can't even pay for the damages to this mansion!"

"If my Mistress tells so," Sakuya softly sighed. Then, she went to check on Flandre's wounds. However, it had all healed due to her immortal nature.

Afterwards, the two sides realised their mistakes; Reimu thought that Amelia, who Flandre believed to be "Billy," was in danger, considering that every soul within her was a victim of Flandre. Then, the little vampire apologised for her sudden rampage, and made a comment, "I don't know who 'Billy' is, but I feel like he's someone really-really important to me."

Amelia turned her eyes to Reimu, they had the same thought about Ethan's story, Flandre's awareness of "Billy" was a testimony to it. While for the shrine maiden, she was experienced enough to trust in her guts that even with little evidence, Yukari Yakumo might be the one behind all the incidents including the events of the "mysterious mansion."

Reimu declared, "Yukari Yakumo is the culprit of the 'who's Joe' incident. Do any of you know her whereabouts?"

"Hmm, I don't… Erm…" Remilia mumbled.

Sakuya interrupted the conversation, "What my Mistress meant to say was that Yukari isn't supplying us any slaves anymore."

Remilia nodded, "Yeah, that's it!"

"What the… What slaves?!" Reimu shouted in disbelief.

Remilia chuckled, "Oh, slaves? Erm… what is it again…?"

"What my Mistress meant to say was that we need human slaves as part of her, and Lady Flan's food supply," Sakuya interrupted again.

Reimu frowned, "Why didn't I know about this…? You do know keeping HUMAN slaves is not part of the vampire contract, right?"

"You see…" Remilia began sweating as she bit her lip, and then she grumbled, "It's not like I'm violating the contract or anything! I never even asked her to give me consensually-bloodletting-humans in the first place! Hmph!"

"What my Mistress meant to say was…" Before she could finish her sentence, Sakuya felt the gaze of an impending death, Remilia had enough of her honesty, and then the maid became silent afterwards.

Reimu pulled out a scroll with a quill pen and sighed, "I guess that's one more crime for Yukari." When she opened the scroll, it extended to the bottom of the floor, and then she began writing at the end of it. Shortly after, she rolled it back to its closed state and said, "Well, I need to buy another paper for this."

"Why are you making a list of her crimes, as if you could do something about it?" Remilia uttered in imitation of an annoying sibling.

"I use it to wipe my ass," Reimu answered.

The room went silent until Remilia regained her composure, and then she announced, "W-well, let's head to the Yakumo residence, let's find Yukari!"

5