Chapter 25.0 – Rainbow Bullet
37 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
The chapters are now caught up to royal road so 2 chapters a week from now on. Enjoy the chapter.

I flew fast. Although I didn’t learn much in that cellar. I did learn that my magic influenced not only blood but all bodily functions. That was the magic of vampires, the magic created from purple mana. I didn’t know if I’d learn how to cast fire or flood plains later; however, for now I increased the amount of oxygen carried by my red blood cells, my body broke down lactate faster, and my joints moved with liquid qualities. Not only did I fly with the speed of a bullet, but I had the stamina of a nuclear submarine.

I swept forth alongside the Mediterranean winds. Without rest, I flew for a week. I passed many towns and cities, all of which looked normal. Their streets bustled, shadows clung to more than just the bark of trees, and forges were hot. At least the entire world didn’t become a ghost town or a parasite den.

#

Finally, my eyes set on the Hague Sofia. Of course, it stood without the minarets which made it seem slightly less grand. Still my head had a hard time understanding how a civilization without the means to forge steel swords and cannons could build such a grand monument.

I continued to approach the city of the world’s desire. Houses came into view, and a castle. A melted castle? My wings slowed, and I stopped manipulating my bodily functions. I veered right and circled the city. Multicolour lights shot forth from the streets. Most of the houses showed signs of scorching, and the front half of the city’s great walls were melted. Since nothing came for me, I lowered my altitude. The dazzling lights agglomerated and took the shape of lizards.

Without a doubt, an eternal flame burned brightly here. And now that I thought of it, the staff which birthed Sara was used as a decorative piece in a palace. And with the parasites appearing so close to a large castle city it wasn’t outlandish for one to be in Constantinople. Extending this logic, I could guess that most large cities were destroyed or controlled by beings such as myself.

I didn’t have a reason to interact with these lizards. I did not need their blood. And so, I flew till I found myself above the Hague Sofia. From there I flew across the Bosphorus Strait. This should lead me to Asia minor and eventually India and China. In other words, the various major population centres of the world.

While I flew, I wondered what should come next. If I wanted to have a steady supply of humans, I’d need to control a society, pillaging wouldn’t work for long. As seen with Sara and Amara, humans would eventually gain mana. No doubt they would fight back. I needed to find not only a steady supply of humans as food, but to recruit and turn into vampires.

In that case, perhaps going to Asia wasn’t the best idea. I didn’t know much of their customs. Say I went to India, by the time I understood the caste system and how to exploit it I could be looking over my grand kids. And the issue of population shouldn’t be that much of an issue for a bit and could deal with my magic.

But then where should I go? Europe, the Middle East, or Africa. I had a basic understanding of how societies functioned there. In Europe, centralization might be the highest, therefore, controlling the populace would be easier. The Middle East didn’t have good weather for vampires and was at the crossroads of Europe, Asia, and Africa. Normally that would be good for trade; however, I couldn’t know if coins or blood would flow in this new era. It was best to stay in a corner and live a long life rather than risk life and limb for a bit more cash. Now Africa, specifically sub-Saharan Africa was too decentralized and had a small population density say for the kingdoms on the West and East Coast, and a few other regions such as the great lakes. I was also closer to the Middle East and Europe currently. Honestly, the Ethiopian highlands sounded quite nice right now. The mountains made for a good hiding spot for the vampires. Their society was fairly centralized, and there was a decent population. It was also near the crossroads of Europe, Asia, and Africa but just far enough removed to be able to escape the attention of those who may build empires there. Not to mention Sara lived close by so I would have a friend near me. Why did I so dearly desire Constantinople? It was a waste of time.

Well, there were those parasitic type creatures at the edge of the highlands; however, I could probably negotiate something with them.

I looked up in hopes to find the strength to fly back home. A great rainbow spanned the sky. It shined and sparkled, but strangely enough it shifted towards me. And when it crossed me something fast, extremely fast impacted my chest. I tumbled down. My wings flapped about, I settled in the air with my back against the ground. Whatever had hit me sped up. I tried to roll over; however, I didn’t have the strength to move. I tried to raise my small bat head and catch a glimpse of whatever caused this, hoping I’d gain a hint at how to escape. However, the wind threatened to snap my neck and crush my head into my chest. I couldn’t do more than stare into the blue sky and see the trail end of a rainbow emanate from whatever pushed me down.

The hairs on the back of my head tingled. I closed my eyes and then, the full brunt of my speed smashed my head into the ground. Thankfully, my grey matter didn’t mix with earth. But something seemed to have hollowed out my core.

I transformed back into a human in my panic and opened my eyes. A small white pony with a diamond horn stood above me. I tried to raise my head, my neck did not hurt; however, jolts started to spread from my core. However, before I could see anything, a pitch-black hoof smashed my head into the earth.

“What do you want?” asked the pony. His teeth showed and saliva fell on me.

A beast, it was a beast.

“I’m just…” I coughed, the taste of iron soup spread in my mouth, I coughed once again. Blood clogged my airway, and a warm liquid ran down my forehead. It pooled in my eye sockets, drowning them beneath a sea of red. HEAL, HEAL, HEAL. I ordered my mana. My eyes burned. I didn’t know where else I was injured; however, it had to heal. Repair my organs, mend my muscles, seal my wounds, and restore my skin.

“What do you want?” repeated the beast.

I coughed out more blood, turned my head and spit out the rest. “I’m just searching for a spot to plant my torch.” Thankfully, it seemed that they had healed as the jolts faded away.

“Then where is your torch?”

His hoof pressed deeper into my skull. Even with all the healing I could muster, it would do no good. I transformed into a bat, slipping out of his hoof. My belly button seemed to be where I appeared as a bat.

I flapped my wings, sending all my glucose to them. However, even though it felt like I flew at the speed of an F1 car, a strike hit my back the next instant. I tumbled forwards. Even before coming to a stop, I started to heal myself.

How could I escape something which moved at such speeds?

“What do you want with my brother?”

I didn’t know of what he spoke; however, I had to escape. But then, if I couldn’t fly or run, I could disperse.

I let go of the pain and spread my consciousness about. I saw the pony in its entirety, from above, below, the right, left, and all diagonals. The beast stopped moving, but then he disappeared only to reappear outside the mist, after leaving a rainbow trail he started to flash to the right and left. Perhaps trying to pierce me, however, it did not even tickle. Evidently, if I were to rematerialize, I would get skewered, so I let myself be carried away by the winds. The white beast followed me. Walking through the air without issue.

An hour passed; yet he hadn’t stopped following me nor had he uttered a single word. I decided to take the initiative but I soon found that I couldn’t speak in this form. I started to condense, however, just as I neared my physical shape the pony became a rainbow once again and rushed through me, diamond horn first.

I didn’t know why it was so hard-headed, however, since I couldn’t go up, I’d have to head down. And down I went till I covered a small hill’s treeline. Eventually settling on top the leaf-covered earth and mixed with fog. The horse still had its eyes on me, however, only a small part of me which I would not call back just yet. I found a small hole where I gradually accumulated my mist, involuntarily retaking my bat form. I held my breath and waited against the back end of the tunnel.

3