Prologue
1.2k 9 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am your ordinary office worker, who is overworked and has a crappy boss.

To continue my sob story, my wife left me and our daughter because she got attracted to that very crappy boss.

So yeah. My ex-wife is now my boss's wife.

I blame my dead parents for introducing her to me for an arranged marriage. I know I am a loser who didn't get a single girlfriend throughout his life, but I didn't know that someone can be this heartless!

Simran... she was only 5 years old! I know that my crappy boss is more handsome and many times much richer than me. If someone would have to choose between him and me, he will be chosen hundred out of hundred times!

But... she didn't even fight me for Simran's custody! Did she have no love for her own child, whom she had inside her for 9 months! And even raised together with me for 5 whole years!

She never looked back at Simran, even though it has been 11 years since our divorce! I know I am not good enough, but what is the fault of innocent child?

I even requested her to meet Simran once in a while, but she kicked me out of her new house.

And that boss of mine..., didn't accept my resignation even after several times. And threatened me to fire me instead. If he fired me, I would have a very hard time getting a new job.

Of course I could file a case. But the result wil never be in my favour. He is the Chairman of a multi-billion company, and I am just a normal worker. And I don't want Simran to go through such hardships.

So I continued my job. I did overtime to earn more for Simran, so that she can live her life as she wants.

But... somewhere in the way, I didn't realise how lonely Simran has become. My daughter has grown up without me.

Thinking about it... I didn't know much about her. I only know that she hates ladyfinger and obsessed with potatoes.

I didn't even know that she was being bullied in her high school till she broke her leg because someone pushed her from the stairs.

Why... why did she not tell me anything... Why did the school didn't do anything? Because the bullies were the kids of rich?

God! The world is so unfair!

J-just why did Simran not tell me anything?

"You are never home! All you care about is your work! You are still so lovestruck with that woman that you still work at that company! Pathetic loser! Are you sure I am your daughter!? What do you even know about me!? 

And even if I told you, what could you have done? Change school when I worked so hard to get into it!? I wish I had a rich and powerful Dad like everyone at the school!

I HATE YOU!"

Those words still hurt. I didn't know my daughter was in so much pain.

That's right. I don't know my daughter at all. 

It's been a month since we have talked properly. I can't even do that much.

I am pathetic. Instead of properly talking to her, all I am doing is earning money and instead of making up with her, secretly doing things she does in hopes of getting to know her better.

She hates me that much that she doesn't even want me to look into her computer games. An important looking folder named 'lemon' was even password protected.

She doesn't trust me at all.

I have to change that. I will become the best Dad in the world! 

And today is the start of that.

Don't be a coward! Face your daughter! No need to be nervous!

"Umm, Simran?"

"What, loser?"

Gah! 

No! I must not back down!

"*Cough*, is your leg healed?"

"Don't you have another topic? You are asking me the same thing for centuries!"

Gah! 

No! Remember your mission! Be the best Dad!

I have prepared everything. First we will go to amusement park, then go to South Korea for the concert of her favourite K-pop idol band, then surprise her with my new job and 3BHK house provided by my new company!

Her browsing history was filled with K-pop idols and how to become one. So she wants to become a K-pop idol. 

Good thing I have saved good money and have been trying to get into foreign companies. It looks like my skills were enough to get a good position in any top company. They will even help me to get resignation from that crappy boss by sending the Chairman's son who is a popular idol, so that he would have to give me resignation lest he wouldn't mind loss of millions of dollars due to ruined reputation.

Simran, our days of suffering are over!

"Simran!"

"Why did you suddenly shout!? Keep it down!"

"Ahaha. Sorry! Look what I have here!"

I showed her our tickets for South Korea and the concert.

"Hmph! Have you stolen money from somewhere? How the hell did you managed to get the tickets!?"

"Haha! I have been saving for years! You don't have to worry about money! Let's just enjoy your favourite idolsm"

"Wait! How did you know that!?"

"Well that,... I just asked my friend what his daughter likes, so he said that girls your age are interested in K-pop. That's right! He recommended me to take you there!"

"You have no friends."

Ouch! Just when did my precious cute daughter grow up to have such sharp tongue?

"No no no. I have tons of friends!"

"You are such a bad liar."

Gah!

Simran, you have become quite merciless. But... she smiled! Just how much time have passed since I saw her smile?

"Well... since you went through so much hardship of checking my phone at night to see what I like, I wouldn't mind."

She... she knows!?

"Of course I know! You think you are ninja or something that I wouldn't notice you sneaking into my room? You are truly an idiot."

"Hahaha...ha. Pack your bag ASAP! We are leaving tomorrow for Korea. But today, let's go to amusement park! It's been years since we went!"

"Yeah yeah. I want to ride roller coaster!"

*THUD*

******

I am sorry my daughter. I made you sad again after giving you hope. I must have traumatized you, suddenly collapsing like that. 

It's fine. I just haven't got much rest lately. I will be full of energy after some sleep. Look, I am already opening my eyes. 

As I opened my eyes, instead of home or hospital, I could only see a strange ceiling, like some sort of noble's from those comics Simran read.

I got up, only to feel something stange. My hands have transformed into muscular ones. My round stomach is gone, and somehow, I don't feel like myself.

I looked around the luxurious room and found a mirror. My eyes went wide, and my jaw dropped.

No!!!!!! I have transmigrated!!!!!!!

Tell me this is just a dream!!!!

Simran!!! No!!!

38