CIA Memo
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Top Secret)

Central Intelligence Agency July 7, 1962, No. 00129558
Dispatched by: Central Intelligence Field Agent Office & Research And Development Office

Memorandum to: Director of Agency

Subject: Proposal to form an expedition to Subject Vale

We have established the existence of a gateway to another planet or realm. It was detected in Oregon initially, but local officials have reported that it has surfaced in Utah, Montana, and Nebraska. Although residents have visited the portal, some have left and some have returned, they have described it as a weird location comparable to Earth, and the local populace as people living in the medieval ages. They don't speak English, but they appear to comprehend from accounts that they understand by hand movement or the way witnesses behave. Although we need to keep this from the public to prevent other individuals from going missing in that location, we propose forming an expedition team to collect data exclusively in the Subject Vale realm.

In other words, we have reported to our European allies about the same portals appearing in different parts of the countries, but they have kept it the same. Neither the government of the United Kingdom nor its citizens are concerned, but Western European countries have begun to block public access to the portal and would like to join us on a joint expedition. We know a few snippets from Soviet intercepted communications or field agents receiving reports from detained agents revealing their plans to create a military facility in Subject Vale. According to reports from Asia, they have begun to explore it, although the Chinese appear to dismiss it due to Mao's policies. Even though we have solutions.

We propose Operation Alpha Tiger and Operation Fox, both of which have the same goal but differ in execution when it comes to surveying Subject Vale's domain. Although Operation Alpha Tiger is a more benign strategy that would result in less unrest among the locals of Subject Vale. However, Operation Fox is an aggressive method of gathering intelligence from the populace by building a tiny field camp near the doorway of Subject Vale. This would necessitate resources from the Armed Forces for the antique weaponry, as well as the construction of a small base to help properly acquire everything from the villagers without having to go back and forth. The Department of Research and Development has offered something for both Operations.

This memorandum is classified as top-secret material and should be treated as such.

0