02 : The mysterious rooms.
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

02 : The mysterious rooms.

"Mom you are overreacting, its just a trip, I will be back in a days"

"I am not comfortable with it, why did they chose you specifically ?"

"I don't know, maybe they choose people from every country, and I was lucky enough to be selected"

Eyad changed the tone of his voice before he continues "Listen mom, this trip is important for me and my career as a naval officer.. And its an order from the government anyway"

"Okay.. when you will leave exactly ?"

"My plane will take off in a few hours"

"Okay, wait a minute I will bring you some warm wool clothes, the weather must be cold there"

'No, not those rags..'

"Right.."

'All of this despite I talked with her about the subject over the phone before three days..'

Hours later in front of the airport, Eyad's family were saying goodbye to him.

"Goodbye mom, take care of my little brothers"

"Be safe son, I will pray for you.."

The young man entered the airport, and put some sweaters in the trash before boarding his plane.

***

Eyad was so confused when he woke up to the sound of continuous light buzzing 'What is this place..!?'

He was rubbing his eyes not believing what he was seeing.

'This place is very quiet..'

'I would've thought it was some kind of paradise if it weren't for these cameras and lights and this terrible smell, something doesn't seem right..'

'Did NASA found us ? if that was the case, then I would've been in the hospital of something, its strange..'

'And also, I almost forgot, when the hell seals were that big!?'

Eyad couldn't stop thinking and asking questions about his situation, but this didn't stop him from moving around and exploring the place.

Every human being has a sense of curiosity and exploring the unknown, but the degree of this instinct varies from a person to an other.

And it seems that our boy right here doesn't lack it. On the contrary, Eyad isn't weak hearted, as he accumulated many bitter experiences in his life.

Experiences make men, strengthen determination, and refine the character.

Courage, daring and persistence are all good traits and qualities, because a man who does not have goals that he seeks and strives for, isn't a real one.

A person cannot attain excellence if he does not take risks and step out of his comfort zone.

However, it should be mentioned that these risks must be calculated, and that courage turns into recklessness and foolishness if it exceeds a certain limit, and if you neglect that, life will often teach you a lesson, and life lessons are very expensive and cruel.

While Eyad was combing the area, he noticed that some of the side walls bore signs and guiding arrows, and on the floors of some rooms there were some numbers written repeatedly, and specifically, there were only three numbers that were repeated. Six, nine, and three.

'At least I know I'm somewhere on earth, but where is this place, and who written these things..?' Eyad's brain was giving him the best possibilities of an optimistic nature, so he's now thinking that he has been rescued and he's now lost somewhere for some reason. He was truly trying to find a way out, and the signs on the wall continued providing him with some hope.

***

'Damn it, I can't stand the sound of these lamps anymore, they're so freaking creepy' after hours of walking, Eyad started to feel nervous.

The rope of hope he was holding showed signs of tearing, Eyad started to despair after he marched long distances.

'I feel lost in a loop with no discernible progression in this place.. like an ouroboros'

Despite he was tired mentally, he wasn't ready to give up yet, so he continued walking.

But in the meanwhile, the young man was turning his head around, because he felt as if he was being watched by someone, but no matter where he looked, he could find nothing but yellow.

A sense of strangeness and loss in an endless maze.

As normal human, after a long walk, Eyad wanted to sit down and rest his mind for a bit, but suddenly he heard a faint sound.

The dude's heart skipped a beat 'I think I'm starting to feel paranoid..'

After a few seconds, this faint sound was followed by a strange non-human scream, it was extremely loud.

Eyad almost fainted of fear, he had never heard anything like this before.

He turned around to follow the exact source of the voice, but he didn't see anything.

However, an enormous amount of adrenaline was pumped into Eyad's body, which gave him an extraordinary running speed.

'What did I do to deserve such torture!? Oh my God what is this!??'

'I wish I could wake up from this nightmare..' Eyad almost cried while sprinting.

In the meantime, its the survival instinct who was having the remote control, that's why he kept running opposite the sound screaming.

However, he was hearing the sound of fast steps approaching him.

The same scream reappeared, only louder and closer than it had been.

He turned his head subconsciously to see what's the thing that was following him, and what he saw made his heart almost stop.

He saw a creature far more horrific than that seal. Something he had never seen before, even in his darkest nightmares.

A thin creature that gave a feeling of frailty and bloodiness. it had a body and walk of a dog, but with human skin and head. It had short legs and arms, and its facial features were covered with thick hair coming from the top of its head, it had also a bloody saliva dripping from his mouth onto the yellow carpet.

This creature was running so fast on his four hooves, so Eyad couldn't keep looking at it for long and continued sprinting.

He has never been more afraid and terrified in his entire life than at this moment, especially since the human mind bids you farewell at such moments and wishes your survival instinct luck.

The distance between the two was gradually getting closer and the non-human screaming was getting louder to the point that it almost punctured the eardrums.

When the loved ones finally approached the gathering, Eyad glimpsed a room that stood out from the rest of the yellow rooms.

The lights barely reached that room, so the walls were dim and dark.

Inside that room, in one of the walls, Eyad glimpsed something resembling a door, so he instinctively turned his direction there under the loud screams.

The turn that he made, slowed him down slightly, and this slight change was enough for the thing behind him, so With Eyad imminently approaching the door, the hideous creature jumped and opened its mouth, which was even more hideous, and pounced on his right arm.

He started to hear savage biting and eating, and with that came an indescribable pain.

Nevertheless, Eyad kept running towards the flame of his hope with great will, and eyes bearing great determination and an unbridled desire to try that door.

He subconsciously and firmly believed that it was the way out of his predicament.

When the one-armed man felt that he almost touched the door, he felt that he had turned into something immaterial, and this sensation lasted for a few milliseconds.

This sensation was accompanied by the feeling of touching and penetrating an unreal wall or barrier.

0