Chapter 3
50 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Sato opened his eyes to the light coming into his room from the small spaces in-between the curtains.

 

Though small, the light was still bright.

Sato stretched a bit and went to freshen up.

He took a quick shower and changed into his school uniform.

 

He didn’t really like bathing in tubs in the mornings as it was too time consuming and it wasted a lot of water. 

 

A shower got the job done so there wasn’t a need to use the tub.

 

But most importantly, that meant more time to sleep.

 

Sato was an early riser, yes, but that didn’t mean he didn’t prefer sleeping. Everyone does, it’s just he had a habit of waking up early.

 

He then went down the stairs where he saw some food on the plate and a note saying that his dad had gone a bit early because of work.

 

He ate his breakfast and took his bag along with his lunch and went out the door. 

 

He took the same route to school as the one yesterday. Through those cherry blossoms, near the seaside, inhaling the salty sea.

 

As he reached school, the same thing happened as last time, just that the intensity of it was a bit low comparatively. 

 

It’s just the starting week which gets him so much attention and becomes relatively fine afterwards.

 

He reached his class and sat down where his seat was, the last row near the window.

 

People usually expect the backbenchers to be the “trouble” children. The ones who fool around a lot, sleep in class or those who generally get bad marks.

 

But it wasn’t the case here as the seatings were arranged by the teachers.

 

They weren’t random of course, as they did follow the rule of the best scores to be at the first bench.

 

But the ones who are a bit troublesome, sit in the middle as they can pay more attention.

 

For those who are average, occupy the rest of the spaces.

 

Though he was the top performer, he sat at the back at the request of the teachers.

 

Part of the reason was that it would distract the class, and part because he requested too.

 

He met with Yuta and chatted a bit with him.

Yesterday, the homeroom teacher wasn’t there as she had some work to do so today we have our actual homeroom which was supposed to happen yesterday, the first day of school.

Sato half-hoped for this not to happen but he knew it would anyway.

“Everyone, settle down.”

A soft but firm voice spoke from in front of the class. Hearing that everyone settled down.

“Good morning everyone, I’m Ageda Himari. I’ll be your class teacher for this year.”

The students got up and greeted the teacher in union.

She was wearing a tight coat with trousers giving a strict and firm feeling.

“Let’s start with introducing ourselves. You might already know each other from last year or meeting again yesterday but let’s just do it for formalities.”

Sato sighed as she said that.

Once again the attention shall be gathered at him.

He felt a gaze upon him.

As he turned his head towards the gaze, he saw Sakura looking towards him with her head tilted.

Did I sigh too loudly?

“Also, we won't have time today, but the seating has been arranged for you like every year. Today you may sit as you wish but tomorrow at homeroom they will change as decided.”

*GROAN*

The whole class groaned at that.

“But teacher…”

“That’s not fair!!”

But of course the teacher wouldn’t listen so easily.

 

She ignored the comments and spoke.

“Ok, let’s start with the introductions now. Start with the first right column.”

Sato wondered about the need for it.

 



If you want friends, you’ll mingle with them

If you don’t, you won't

And you want but still can’t get, nothing will change

What is even the need for to do such stuff




He might just be venting to himself, but that doesn’t mean he’ll be able to change.

 

People began to introduce themselves.

Soon it was Yuta's chance.

“Hello, I’m Kirihara Yuta, you may only call me Yuta if you wish. I like playing football and plan to join the sports club. Feel free to invite me if it’s something fun~”

The class nodded at that and a few guys waved at him, probably those who knew them from before.

Sato just facepalmed as he heard that.

 

...How old does he think he is? 10?

He just shook his head and listened to the rest until it came to Sakura.

This piqued his interest and he turned his head to Sakura.

“I’m Sakura Ai. Pleased to meet your acquaintance. I hope we get along this year”

It was an extremely typical introduction as Sato thought.

But it still managed to get the class hyped.


Not long after, his own turn came.

Getting up, he had already decided what to say.

“Arata Sato”

Then he sat down, simple and straightforward.

But still, there was silence.

Complete silence.

Yet again, he signed but in his head.

“Umm...I hope we all get along this year”

Yuta spoke, finally breaking the tension, trying to get the mood back up.

A few people spoke their greetings along with Yuta.

Looking at the teacher, Sato thought about what she was doing in this commotion.

 

She was just looking at a few papers, leaving us to ourselves.

Probably letting them figure out the class themselves.

 

After a while the bell rang and the classes had started so the teacher left us and another teacher entered the room to start with the lesson.


The lessons continued till lunch break.

At lunch break, he went to the stairs at the end of the building like usual..

Pondering whether he’ll see Sakura there or not, his trains of thoughts began.

As he reached the door for the rooftop, he came back to his senses and went to open the door.

Let’s just stop these useless thoughts.

As he opened the door-

“...Welcome back”

Long back hair moving in the wind with dazzling gem-like eyes staring right at him, Sakura spoke.

 

...Welcome what?



 







 

4