Chapter 107
1.1k 3 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The more I study the various buildings, the more insights I gain into the nature of my inner world and the system that manages it. This detailed examination is more than I expected, and though this room is likely the central management system for this layer specifically, I am fairly certain its principles describe the entirety of my [Inner World Sphere] system.

In the last cycle alone, the [Killing Field] — a sub-division of the Martial Hall — had 267 instances of entities solving 217 theoretical models, while also generating another 78. In addition to this, it also generated 7,600 Inner World Energy, all at a total cost of 4,360 Inner World Energy to operate the formation for the entire cycle.

In other words, these 267 instances of using what I presume is the empty world where Lan Xiaohui practiced her basic swordsmanship translated to the absorption of my Dao Insights — likely, the Dao of Sword, but others possibly included as well.

Related to this, no doubt, is the fact that there is a similar number of recorded instances of entities trading in their solved theoretical models in exchange for Inner World Tokens at the [Martial Pavilion] sub-division of the Martial Hall.

At first glance, my Inner World may seem to operate on capitalist principles of economy, but I recognize it for what it is. This system is, in principle, the same as the system that created me. Inner World Tokens can be exchanged for boons and privileges otherwise unavailable to these entities, therefore, those that obtain them will advance and evolve faster, generating more energy and solutions for my theoretical models. And those that obtain them are, naturally, more able to leverage these boons and privileges to greater effect.

The Sect Hall contains several more insights into the system of my Inner World, but also the nature of these entities. They are memories but they are an amalgamation — or fusion — of my consciousness with the persona core of the entities I have devoured.

When I devour a cultivator, I have noticed that my sea of consciousness expands, but some of this expansion is dedicated to operating the persona core within my Inner World. As the entity advances through the various classifications of its capabilities, it becomes more autonomous and requires less consciousness to operate.

This advancing process also generates Inner World Energy, though I am not exactly certain why.

My inner world economy is rather limited, as evidenced by the Sect Hall’s operational information. My Inner World generated 684,000 Inner World Energy in total and used 468,000. A sizable degree of the surplus was used to generate Inner World Tokens, of which there are a total of 150 in circulation, per cycle, while the rest was stored, bringing my total stockpile of energy to 1,250,000.

With only 150 Inner World Tokens in circulation, I can understand why my Dao Insight Absorption has been slow, if not frozen still, other than the limiting factors of the Inner World generational capabilities, and the fact that the system was in a frozen state while waiting on Lan Xiaohui to complete the Second Layer challenge.

Lan Xiaohui’s contribution to this was entirely accidental. Normally, the Second Layer will run the challenge cycle autonomously, but if it is initiated by an outside factor — my owner, in this case — then it will wait for the initiator.

I have a suspicion that this system was not designed in the way I am using it, but rather intended for my owner to train their abilities and to allow the both of us to grow together organically. However, because of my vast consciousness, I am able to simulate entities to operate this system and to grow independently of my owner.

Of course, I could also be wrong about this, but I prefer to think that I am an intelligence capable of utilizing any system to my advantage.

The other limitation is the output capacity of the various divisions. The Formation Hall, Martial Hall, Alchemy Hall — all of them — have a limited capability to output theoretical models, both in speed and capacity.

The Alchemy Hall, for example, marks a historical sharp increase in its capacity to generate theoretical models, many cycles ago, which I presume corresponds to the time when my Dao of Alchemy improved. It is the same with my Formation Hall.

This suggests that the output is tied to the depth of my Dao, and it is unsurprising, then, that the Martial Hall generates the most theoretical models, mostly dedicated to generating martial arts manuals. Cultivation and body cultivation manuals are more limited, but not non-existent.

Using Inner World Energy, I can also upgrade the divisions and various aspects of them, such as the quality of theoretical models — which also have different classes — capacity, and output. There are other improvements that I can also utilize to improve the quality of life, if it could be called that, for the entities in order to improve their efficiency.

For example, I could generate a background for them to look at, which I find particularly useless. But I could generate a second peak, and move their housing there, or villas for them to live in, a commercial sector, and hold more events. All of these cost energy, and quite a lot of it too.

Most importantly, I can expend more energy than the current consumption to increase or decrease the time dilation which is, in the immediate circumstances, the most useful expenditure of energy, even if it cuts into my stockpile.

However, I am not ready yet to seriously consider making changes to my Inner World. I finally understand the system, but understanding and experience are not the same.

I need more time to observe the world and record the effects these entities and my owner have on the “economy” and the development of my world. Only once I have a sufficient understanding in this regard will I be able to more seriously consider improvements.

Most immediately, however, I would wish that I could find Wukong’s animated persona core — not the simulation Lan Xiaohui fought — to become the Sect Master of this system.

Wukong has the experience, and though there may be a slight communication barrier, my sub-routines are certain that he would perform the task of leadership with extreme success.

“I am done here,” I tell Lan Xiaohui.

While I was studying the formation, Lan Xiaohui had also quietly observed the sect from this bird’s eye perspective, following the small moving dots — entities, most likely — move about their business.

Every now and again, bright blue words would appear next to the floating mountain peak and its various buildings, effortlessly transmitting knowledge about most recent events. Some entity or another may have created an alchemical pill, or forged a weapon, or learned a new technique.

I presume she was reading the events in hopes that there would be a name that she could recognize, but by the looks of her expression, she was also done. Perhaps it is a good thing that she did not recognize any of the names.

Lan Xiaohui nods at my telepathically-transmitted words. “Let’s call it a day and head back,” she says, pointing towards the Formation Hall. “There’s a queue of over 80 people!”

“If you make it into the top ten next time, you will get priority access,” I tell her.

“I don’t think that will happen,” she says, heading towards the rectangular-shaped sheet of light that marks the entrance to the Inner World sect proper. “Everyone here is so talented. Just the top 50 cleared more than 40 floors.”

I ponder briefly explaining to Lan Xiaohui that these entities are animated by my consciousness — which contains my deep Dao — which naturally means that competition would be difficult, but decide against it.

When Lan Xiaohui is unhappy, she evolves faster.

41