Prologue
2.4k 12 91
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Opening my eyes, I got to see complete darkness but with my current cultivation, it didn't appear to obscure my vision that much.

Standing up in the empty hall. It seems to see better times. Cracked and dusty walls hide beautiful murals and paintings carved onto them. It seems like hundreds of years passed since the last time someone stepped into these ancient grounds.

The air was so dry that I decided to just stop breathing and hold my breath.

Bookshelves, furniture, and banners of the empire. There is no sight of them. A fireplace that I loved to sit near when I was a kid. Everything was in ruins.

It seems like minutes to me but everything around me changed.

"System"

I whispered and the holographic screen showed itself in from of me.

[Congratulation for cultivating 1000 years. All functions of the system are now unlocked for you]

Missions

Shop

Cultivate

Well, you sure are stingy, I thought there would be more going on after that long.

                                                 [One-time achievement]

|Received one thousand coins for cultivating 1000 years without stopping|

"I see, I see you are reading my mind." I nodded my head pretty satisfied. I will later explore new futures like shop and missions.

Looking down, I was thankful that my clothes were still intact. But the enchantments on them were almost inactive.

I guess even clothes made by an imperial tailor. The best of the entire empire can't stop time...

I feel so powerful. I have no idea in what realm, I can be now. Possibly stronger than my father? I am actually in a realm I have no idea of so that should be the case.

The ranks go like this: wood, metal, bronze, silver, gold, diamond, emerald, amethyst, platinum, and obsidian. With every rank having ten levels.

I read about every one of them in the royal library. So I am sure that this power, I currently possess is beyond my knowledge.

Not having to stabilize my cultivation after a breakthrough with no bottlenecks and unlimited potential. When everyone has a limit to his talent and can only advance in ranks so far.

This is the power of my system.

I reincarnated in the cultivation world 20 years ago...Oops I mean 1020 as a third princess of the biggest empire in the continent.

I was a boy before...But I never minded a change. I am a curious person who likes to try different things.

Honestly, at first, I was scared. In a world where a strong is ruling a weak. As a helpless princess that was just born. With palace intrigue everywhere.

What gave my confidence back was a system that showed itself when I needed it. However, I couldn't use it fully because as an imperial princess, I had a lot of duties.

I can choose how many years, I want to cultivate entering the deep state of meditation boosting my gathering of elements almost two times more than normal. Actually, for me, it always feels like only minutes passed.

I don't feel a passage of time at all. 

Regardless there is a catch. I will only wake up when time passed or when I am in immediate danger. I can't stop basically If I already started.

But I still manage to hold short one-year sessions. This with my skyrocketing cultivation granted me the title of genius. Making most of my 12 siblings jealous.

At that time actually, women in the empire didn't have any rights. Giving the ability to cultivate to the woman was considered taboo.

Well, I can only say I was lucky, born from the true empress and not from any concubine.

My mother died soon after giving birth but my father the emperor loved and was biased toward me so much. That I could get away with practically everything.

I of course used that to my advantage and always pretend to be a cute and innocent daughter. Every father would want to have. Not corrupted by the Imperial court and other bad things.

I am saying this but actually, I accepted him as my real father in this world and loved him as his child.

He was always good to me.

This hall was a thing that he gave me. Knowing that I always wanted some hidden place where I could relax.

'Is he even alive now? He was already 650 years old when I last time saw him.'

He was already experiencing the end of his life span. If he could increase his cultivation then maybe...

I tried not to think about it.

Maybe I should have said something before...

No, he would have stopped me...

Are my sibling still alive? They were jerks but they still cared about me.

Surely 1000 years in the cultivation world is not that long, is it?

Looking at the collapsed pathway. I raised the debris into the air and walked leisurely.

'Well people surely will be surprised '

I thought with a little smile.

Finally, I can decide for myself. I have strength. No one can say what I have to do only because I am a woman.

I was really sick of discrimination even though, I didn't experience much of it because of my status.

Being constantly told that my future will end with some guy 200 years older than me as a trophy and breeding tool. I was totally disgusted.

Father could protect me. But how long? The pressure was getting too heavy. I was already 20 years old. In this world, the girl would get married even by the age of 14.

This is why...

I sealed myself here using a treasure of our ancestor that I had stolen before. So I could cultivate peacefully and change my fate.

'Now, I can finally walk in this world with confident steps.'

I thought as two lonely tears traveled down my cheeks.

It wasn't easy for me as a pacifist person coming from modern society. I had to adapt. I tasted blood, I schemed, plotted, and even killed before.

I survive. Assassination attempts seem to be a common thing here or maybe, I am just unlucky.

Looking at the ancient doors that seem to still firmly protect the entrance, I became a little nostalgic.

Placing my hand on them. They suddenly lit up, slowly opening.

'Well, let's see how much the world changed.'

91