What did I get myself into
1.6k 4 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This chapter ended up being shorter than anticipated. Still, it just didn't seem right to continue. Anyways next chapter will be longer so don't worry.

Running through the night were two figures. They were covered from head to toe with black robes. Making it impossible to see their faces.

"Are you sure the two of us are enough? Reinforcements are on their way should we wait for them?"

Said the man with especially dark eyes.

The man next to him answered with determination

"No, they at going to take all of our credit. I didn't spend a couple of years here just to waste this opportunity"

"Okay, then should I take care of her guard or are you gonna do it yourself?

"Well, the innkeeper already put a drug to her tea. She should have already drunk it. So I myself is enough. You better secure the target."

Said the man of bad temper.

They were stuck in this hole for a couple of years. With no possibility to rank up in the order. Now that they are so lucky to find the runaway princess. They are not gonna waste this chance.

"I mean are you sure... what if she didn't drink it and is really strong?"

Said the guy with midnight eyes worrying a little about his friend. Being the only spies to be sent to this town they view each other as brothers. He doesn't want to lose him.

"Men... Didn't you read a report? All the place guards that helped in her escape are dead. She barely escaped by the luck of goodness. There is no way she has someone that strong protecting her."

He said it with strong confidence. Making the other man believe in his words.

"Okay then I will rely on you"

"Me too. Let's get it done and we will celebrate today"

With that said they entered the highest room in the inn where their target supposes to be.

>>>>>>>>>>

POV: Mc

'So.... what is going on?'

I was spying on the innkeeper when he suddenly meet some weird masked guys. After the meeting, these guys instantly went to the room, I was currently staying in.

If only, I could understand their language. It would be much easier...

Still, I could understand that that bald man sold us, and seeing how sneaky these guys are. They surely don't have good intentions.

But why? I just appeared in this world again.

I didn't do anything...yet

Anyways...

Right now I am directly behind them. I guess my pitifully low-mastered stealth art somehow still works on this much lower realm guys.

They already searched the first two rooms. Leaving only my and Arteen's room.

They split, one coming to my room and the other to the young girl's room.

I followed the last one. Walking carefully step by step he arrived at the door. Slowly opening it...

Or not.

Before he had a chance to do it a sword pierced his heart from behind. In the last seconds of his life. He turned his head around looking at me with disbelief in his eyes.

Removing my sword he fell to the ground. Making a dull thud.

"Did you get anything? It appears they ran away"

Standing in the corridor was another masked man. It seems not finding anything he come back to his friend.

Only to see his dead body beneath my feet.

"You bastard"

He roared with the knife aimed at my throat.

"Slash"

Two parts that were once a person, had fallen to the ground.

I guess we are no longer welcome in this town. We need to run away...

Taking two small spatial rings from their fingers.

I entered Arteen's room. Seeing her peacefully sleeping, breaks my heart to wake her up but we need to move.

"Arteen..Arteen you need to wake up"

I said shaking her arm a little.

Nonetheless, she didn't wake up. Not leaving me a choice but to carry her in a princess carry way.

With brisk steps, I walked to the window. Long ago detecting multiple auras heading in the direction of the inn.

The first-morning sun rays hit my face. Informing me about the start of the new day. Taking a long breath of fresh air. I disappeared from my spot just as the sounds of multiple footsteps almost reached my position.

'What did I get myself into?'

60