Awkward Situation
2k 8 76
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pov Nadia:

*EEEYAAA!!!*

Waking up with a scream, I found myself awake in an unfamiliar living room, which looked like it belonged to a wealthy person.It was very clean and the whiteness was hurting my eyes. As a goddess of darkness and a fox girl, it was uncomfortable for me. 'At least the couch I’m on is dark.'

 

Spoiler

Living room

[collapse]

 

*Crash* "Yeowch!" *rustle*  *Thud, Thud, Thud*

 

Suddenly, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen rushed into the room, her pink silk pjs slightly ruffled.

 

Spoiler

Zoey

[collapse]

 

We just stared at each other for a couple of minutes.

 

I really did not know what to say, so when the silence got overbearing, I just tilted my head in confusion, waiting for her to say something.

 

“Gah, so cuuute.” the mysterious yet beautiful girl muttered quietly, probably unaware I could hear her perfectly well.

 

I blushed and fidgeted, and that seemed to snap her out of her daze.

 

Also blushing, avoiding my eyes, she introduced herself. “Sorry about that. I am Zoey, Zoey Grimm.”

 

In a more serious concerned tone, she stared at me and asked, “How much of yesterday do you remember?”

 

Going over my memories of the day before ‘at least I hope it was the day before,’ I slowly replied, “I had just finished shopping and was heading home when-” 

 

The rest of my memories crashed into me. My slit eyes dilated while I curled my now floofed tail in front of me and hugged it, beginning to tremble and hyperventilate.

 

Seeing that, Zoey rushed up to the couch beside me and hugged me tightly, stroking my head gently, her warmth and soothing voice slowly brought me back to my senses.

 

Once my eyes focused on her again, she said in a trembling voice with tears in her eyes, “I am so sorry, I should have brought that subject up more gently.”

 

Shaking my head and lightly hugging her, I soothed while rubbing her back, “It is not your fault. It has nothing to do with you, it is just a phobia of mine that I have no control over.”

 

Once she calmed down and we recollected ourselves, we suddenly became quite aware of how close we were to one another. Quickly scooching apart to the other sides of the couch while heavily blushing, we awkwardly stared at each other again.

 

“Sooooo?,” I asked, fidgeting with my tail, “What now?”

 

“Ummm,” she replied, “Weellll… ummm,” my stomach suddenly started growling, causing me to blush again.

 

*Hnng* She placed her hands over her heart.

 

Quickly she put her arms down again and asked, “How about breakfast?”

 

“Sure.” was my quick reply to get out of this awkward situation.

 

Walking down the hallway to her kitchen, I heard her mutter under her breath, “Smooth.”

 

Arriving at her kitchen, she asked, “What would you like to eat?”

 

Not knowing what she had, I said, “Surprise me.”

 

Gathering various ingredients from her pantry, I saw her plan. She was either going to make pancakes or waffles. Quickly mixing all the ingredients with practiced movement, she turned on her stove, and began frying them.

 

On the other side of the counter, I watched. When she got to the point of frying the bacon, my nose was assailed with a heavenly scent. Unknown to me, I started to drool out the side of my mouth and started lightly wagging my tail as I stared at the divine bacon.

 

Turning around for a second, Zoey saw me with a laser focus on the bacon and muttered “*Guuh* Her cuteness should be illegal.”

 

Snapping out of my trance and realizing that my manners were improper, I blushed, covering my face and ran to the table.

 

*wawawa, uuuuu* ‘not how I wanted to present myself’ I cried in my mind.

 

Suddenly a plate full of a delectable breakfast was placed in front of me. I unconsciously started to drool and wag my tail again.

 

Pausing so that Zoey could sit down herself (but never removing my eyes from my plate), she said, “Go ahead.”

 

Hearing that, I started to wolf my food down. About ¾ of my way through my plate, I suddenly paused, realizing that Zoey was staring at me.

 

*wawawa* “Why are you watching me eat!” I whined indignantly while blushing.

 

“I can’t help myself. You are just too adorable.” she stated.

 

Blushing harder, I pleaded, “Can you please continue eating!”

 

In a placating manner, she said, “Alright, I will.” and started eating again.

 

I finished wolfing down my food, and when I realized that my plate was empty, my ears and tail drooped in disappointment. Suddenly, some bacon dropped into my field of view, moving back and forth slowly. I started to drool again as my ears sprang up again and my tail wagged in my excitement, eyes following the bacon in its path.”

 

Snapping out of my trance, I followed the hand holding the bacon back to Zoey, who was currently holding back a giggle.

 

Glaring at her while blushing, I angrily snatched the bacon from her hands and stuffed it into my mouth before she could react. Face softening for a few seconds as I relished the taste, I went back to glaring at her again, then flashed my canines while growling. ‘Stupid fox instincts.’

 

Raising her hands up in surrender and lightly giggling, she said, “Alright, alright, I give up. Shouldn’t have teased you like that. How about I cook some more bacon up for you to make up for that.”

 

Still glaring at her with my arms folded, my ears perked up while my tail started wagging. Giggling again, she said, “I’ll take that as a yes.”

 

Zoey went back into the kitchen while I was now glaring at my tail, ‘that betrayer.’ After a minute, that divine scent filled the room again.

 

Placing a plate full of bacon in front of me, she said, “all right, here you go.” 

 

I quickly gobbled it up. Seeing that my mood had calmed down and I was happy again, she asked a question that I was not expecting.

 

“I don’t know how to ask this without it coming out like a stalker, but you are a descendant of the Vulpine clan, Right?”

 

*spfffeeew! cough cough* I sprayed the water that I was drinking at the moment. Raising my hand and weakly saying, “I’m ok,” I went over the back story Iris provided for me and slowly said, “yeeeah, what about it?”, wondering what she was getting to.

 

Perking up and a little excited, she said, “That’s awesome. You are the only other person that I am aware of that has been descended from an ancient clan. Are you up for trading clan secrets?”

 

‘What do I do,’ I worried, ‘I don’t have any clan secrets. The only secret I have will blow her mind, if she will even believe it, that is.’

 

Seeing me fidget slightly, Zoey said, “It is fine if you don’t want to reveal anything. I am just curious.”

 

Quickly thinking up something reasonable, I said, “It’s fine, it is just that I don’t have any secrets to trade. All of the clans documents were lost in a fire abouuut…” pausing to come up with a random number, “75 years ago.”

 

“Oh,” she said, slightly deflated. Seeming to think hard for a second, I saw an imaginary light bulb going off above her head. I rubbed my eyes as she said, ‘oh, well then would you like a tour of the mansion before heading home?”

 

With nothing better to do I replied, “Suuure.”

 

Taking me down the hall, we first stopped at her bedroom. “This is my bedroom,” she pointed out. Peeking around her I gave an internal thumbs up. She had a space theme painted on her wall and ceiling with a rainbow aura running through it. Her bed had a violet comforter and pillows, and I bet her bed was one of the squishy comfortable ones that were extremely expensive ‘like the one at home’. I really wanted to jump into it, but I held that instinct back.

 

 

Spoiler

Zoey Bedroom

[collapse]

 

Continuing down the hall, we entered a library.

 

“This is the book room.”

 

Not knowing that Zoey was now watching me seriously, studying my every move, I explored the room. Sensing something in the back, I headed that way and saw that the shelves and study tables of the back third of the room looked ancient, yet in good condition.

 

 

Spoiler

Ancient Shelf

Books

Books 2

[collapse]

 

When I passed the threshold of the new and old books, I felt something tingle down my spine. Looking around and seeing nothing, I continued on to get a closer look at one of the ancient tomes. Picking it up and opening to the first page, I gently closed it and set it back down right away when I couldn't read the ancient runes of the page. 

 

Since all of the tomes in this part of the library were in this ancient language, I quickly lost interest in this section and turned around, just to see Zoey standing there with a smirk, arms folded and tapping her foot.

 

‘I knew she had strong magic in her blood, otherwise she wouldn’t be able to see this section of the library, just a wall’ [Zoey]

 

Fidgeting in place thinking I did something wrong, I was startled when she suddenly said “Follow me.”

 

Walking to the end of the hall, I was confused why we were standing in front of a dead end. Placing her hand on the wall, I heard a small beep as a blue line appeared and scanned her hand.  Suddenly the wall lifted up, revealing stairs going down.

 

When we reached the bottom of the stairs, I gasped at what I saw. We were in a high tech dojo with red, black, and blue fall matts covering the entire floor. On the walls hanging, there were ancient swords, spears, ’and even warlock staffs and magic wands?’

 

Spoiler

Dojo

[collapse]

 

Seeing my reaction of surprise and familiarity with the staffs and wands, Zoey got excited.

 

“I knew it!” she exclaimed, “You know about magic! I did not hold on to my clan’s beliefs for nothing.”

 

Seeing the tears of relief, joy, and sadness in her eyes, all I could do was hug her as she cried.

 

When she finally calmed down, she sniffed and whispered, “You have no Idea how lonely it is being the only one who knows about magic. People thought I was crazy. I couldn’t even prove it when the government said that all the things I could do were just a part of my S ranked Awakened Powers I was born with. Denying the fact that my parents were the ones who activated my magic circuits and I had to study a lot and grow my power from scratch.

 

I just slowly stroked her head as she continued ranting. “No one will accept even the history in my clan’s textbooks, even if I bring one of the ancient text books to a scientist to study to prove it is real. The government will threaten them to say it is the ramblings of a crazy person or that the book is fake…” She continued to spew out all the history that her clan had written, where I learned the true truth about the world.

 

“... What makes it worse is that even though the government knows the truth, they still aren’t taking me seriously. I warned them that the mana in the air has been rapidly increasing over the past week, and that we may experience another wave of chaos, yet they won’t give me the time of day.”

 

Hearing that statement, I started to awkwardly shift and fidget with my tail, knowing that I was the source. ‘Hopefully nothing bad happens… Meh, it’s not my problem anyways,’ thinking about all the pain everyone has put this beautiful girl through. Luckily she did not notice either my awkward shifting, or the atmosphere darkening as I gave a scary smile. She continued ranting.

 

Once she finally finished pouring her heart out to me, she passed out into my arms. Teleporting to her room, I picked her up and tucked her into bed. Luckily no one was around to see the quirky sight of a little fox girl lifting a girl taller than her around like it was nothing.

 

Not wanting to leave her alone at her most vulnerable moment, and being vulnerable myself fearing nightmares, I snuggled into bed beside her. Feeling her warmth and hearing her slow heartbeat, I drifted off to sleep.

 

Heyo! I made it. While the A.I. will be my nemesis from now on when I want to gain more images of Nadia and Zoey,  keep in mind it is art made from not me, so images will not match my view of the world and is just for visuals. Just treat it as fan art. Anyways, here is one more fluffy image of Nadia as a gift. Enjoy the fluff.

Spoiler

Nadia

[collapse]

 

Till next time! ^(→ܫ←✿<)

76