Big Sis Iris To The Rescue!?!?
1.7k 11 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Prepare for an emotional rollercoaster (and maybe a couple tissues).

You have been warned.

Anyways, enjoy!(˃ᆺ˂✿)

 

Pov Zoey:

Walking down Hero HQ's halls, I felt déjà vu.

 

Suddenly I heard some sobbing, and I couldn't help but immediately run to the source when I realized that it was Nadia.

 

For some reason the hall seemed to never end. Turning corridor after corridor, it seemed to never end as my anxiety grew.

 

When my anxiety reached its highest point, everything froze, including myself. 

 

The area started shifting with a rainbow effect, and I found myself standing in a Sakura tree forest. 

 

Realizing I was in a dream, I curiously looked around.

 

"Finally got through," a melodious voice stated right behind me, causing me to flinch.

 

Turning around, I saw a stunning woman with rainbow hair that flowed serenely in the breeze.

 

Spoiler

Iris (Anime)

[collapse]

 

I just stood there awkwardly, unsure what I should do.

 

Seeing my confusion, she introduced herself.

 

“I am ***********, but since you won't be able to comprehend that, you can call me Iris like little Nadia.”

 

"You know Nadia?" I asked.

 

Then I remembered a certain report, and  exclaimed in shock, "WAIT!!! YOU are doctor Iris???"

 

Iris lifted her hand with a finger pointed, "act-"

 

Before she could answer, I cut her off and curiously inquired, "You wouldn't happen to be Nadia's big sis, right?"

 

Hearing that she grinned and raised her hands in mock surrender while making them glow red, and amusedly stated, "Caught red handed."

 

I snorted at her pun, and couldn't take it anymore, and started laughing.

 

When I finally regained my breath, I wiped the tears from my eyes and asked, "So, why does Nadia’s big sis need to contact me?"

 

Turning serious, she clasped her palms and expressed in a grave tone, "If you are serious about being in a relationship with Nadia, there are some things that you need to know."

 

Continuing on, she remarked, "Nadia is shy and as her big sis, I can't let her go through any more pain, so I am intervening."

 

Raising one finger she stated, "Before I continue, I need to ask you something."

 

"What?" I replied.

 

"Can you still love Nadia, knowing that you are currently dating a goddess? Are you able to handle the burden and responsibility for being in a divine relationship?"

 

Giggling a little at the question, I saw that she was still looking at me with grave seriousness.

 

Snapping her fingers, my very soul was shaken to the core, as she asked again in a no nonsense tone of voice, "Are you resolved to bear the burden of loving a goddess?"

 

Iris studied me carefully as I still trembled a little as the question sank in.

 

Shocked at the new revelation, my mind raced as I mulled over what that would mean for me.

 

'Nadia is a goddess, the very same goddess the entire world is looking for.'

 

I could kinda understand why she didn't tell me that she is a deity. I would not have believed her if she just straight up said it.

 

Thinking of the implications of her importance, I pondered over what I may have to go through with worry.

 

Fond memories of Nadia flashed through my mind and my face softened and I giggled remembering her antics, and felt my heart burn at the memory where she accepted me and comforted me in my time of need. 

 

I also did not forget that she herself was in pain. Remembering all the times that I comforted her and the tears in her eyes broke my heart. I could not see her like that again, much less abandon the one who stole my heart. That would break both of us. We truly needed each other. 

 

Resolve hardening, I firmly stared into Iris' eyes and stated with conviction, "I am absolutely sure that I can bear the responsibility. I love Nadia, and nothing will get in the way of that."

 

Smiling with satisfaction, Iris clapped her hands and exclaimed in relief, "That's great!"

 

After a pause, she looked at me seriously. "If you had caved under the pressure or abandoned her, I would have ended your relationship and separated you right now. Whether she hates me for it or not."

 

I felt relieved that I passed her test, and fearful about how close I was to losing Nadia.

 

Regardless of my current feelings, Iris soldiered on, "Now that that is taken care of, we need Nadia here to ask permission for the next part."

 

Snapping her fingers, a rainbow light flashed.

 

What I saw horrified me.

 

Nadia was currently completely covered in blood, coughing and gasping for air.

 

Blanching, both me and Iris rushed to her and hugged her.

 

Iris snapped her fingers, cleaning her appearance.

 

Seeing me, Nadia clutched tightly onto me and started bawling.

 

Soothing her, she slowly stopped shaking and fell asleep in my arms.

 

Once I was sure she was out, I snapped at Iris, "What was that about!?"

 

Guiltily and somberly, Iris reached out and tenderly stroked Nadia's head. She whispered, "She was having a nightmare."

 

Looking into the distance she reluctantly divulged in a far off voice, "Nadia is going to hate me for this, but as her lover, you have the right to know her history."

 

She began, "Nadia was a human like you, only from a different world. Their world was not as advanced as yours, but she was still living a good life. She had so much to live for, however her life was cut short.

 

The administrator of her multiverse was terrible. He played with souls as if it were a game. Being bored, he pulled pranks, where he would ruin someone's life for fun.

 

We only discovered this because he reached into someone else's domain and was caught stealing souls to mess with."

 

Her voice turned angry and indignant, "I still want to punch him in the face for all the trouble he caused."

 

Suddenly snickering evilly, she remarked "At least he got the punishment he deserved." 

 

I pretended I did not see her sinister smile as I internally observed, 'He's definitely suffering right now.'

 

Snapping out of her reminiscing, she continued, "Where was I? Oh, yeah."

 

Somberly she spoke, "Nadia was a victim of one of his pranks. She was on a club trip for her school. Finding the haunted setting fitting he waited until she was alone, before slowly drowning her to death in a room full of blood."

 

Hearing this, my anger spiked, 'He did what to my Nadia!? Ohh, his suffering is definitely not enough. '

 

Clutching her tighter in protectiveness, I vehemently stated, "Add me to the list of people who want to sock him in the face and kick him in the nuts."

 

Iris jokingly commented to lighten up the mood, "That is one impressive oni face, sure wouldn't want to be him."

 

I did a double take as she pulled a scroll from nowhere titled: List of People Who Want to Sock XXXXXXXXXX in the Face and Kick Him in the Nuts.

 

Opening it up I saw thousands of names, as Iris added me to the bottom of the list.

 

Closing it, the scroll disappeared in a flash as Iris smugly smirked and proudly remarked, "You have been added to the list!"

 

Pausing for a moment, she jealously added, "When you do, add one for me as well. Since he is mortal, I as an administrator can't do it myself."

 

Letting what just happened sink in for a moment, I belted, "THERE IS AN ACTUAL LIST!!!" *LIST List list lis…*

 

"Yep," Iris verified, popping the p.

 

Feeling Nadia stir, I remembered where we were.

 

Blushing and cooing at her cuteness, my heart burned in pity at what she went through. Vowing to protect her in my heart, I softly asked, "So, what happens now?"

 

Iris softly responded, "That will be between you and Nadia."

 

Looking me firmly in the eyes, she informed me, "Divine beings live for a long time. We are just higher beings, so just like you we too have emotions, including falling in love.

 

As such a rule was implemented: Each divine being can only apply for one significant other to ascend for free. For those with multiple significant others, they have to go through a trial set up by one of the multiversal administrators.

 

What this means for you is that you now have a choice. You can either just live your life out with her and die of old age, or become a divine being like her."

 

"-"

 

Before I could respond or protest, she raised a finger and wagged it. "I know this is abrupt and a difficult decision, however I want you to think about it. You still have plenty of time to make your choice.

 

I just want you to bring it up in your discussion with Nadia when you wake up, because right now, we are running out of time."

 

Looking around, I saw the scenery fading to white.

 

She finished, "I will gift you with something to protect yourself in the meantime."

 

Snapping her fingers, a rainbow orb of light appeared and flew into me.

 

Smirking, she wiggled her eyebrows and teased suggestively, "Enjoy your new sword".

 


 

My eyes snapped open as I sprang up. "Waaait-" 'and she is not there.'

 

Blushing and checking myself, I sighed in relief when I noticed nothing wrong. 

 

Feeling a surge of power from my magic circuits, I meditated to see what was happening.

 

Seeing a rainbow orb that was not there before, I called it out.

 

My eyes popped open as I was suddenly equipped with a sword and shield. Seeing the sword I deadpanned and pouted.

 

Displeased, I sarcastically remarked internally, "Ha ha, very funny, I will get back at you for that joke later.'

 

Taking them off to examine them closely, I examined them. The shield was shaped like a butterfly, with sectioned plating running down its wings. It was mostly blue and became multicolored on the edges, with sparkling stars adding to its beauty.

 

Spoiler

Sheild

[collapse]

 

Turning my attention to the sword, I drew it out of its sheath. I gasped as it lit up with rainbow flames.

 

Spoiler

Sword

[collapse]

 

I marveled at it for a while before dismissing both sword and shield with a thought back into me.

 

Reality hit me then.

 

'That really happened.'

 

Realizing that Nadia was still asleep, a spike of fear ran through me as I remembered her blood drenched state.

 

Worried that she still might be trapped in a nightmare, I removed the blanket hastily, slightly shaking her vigorously.

 

"Five more minutes…. " She moaned.

 

Sighing in relief that she was ok, I gently stroked her.

 

Suddenly, she quietly growled while twitching agitatedly, "I will get you bacon even if it's the last thing I do!"

 

'Gaah, that is just too adorable!' I can just imagine her going around chasing cartoony bacon around in her dream.

 

Shaking my head amusedly, I apologized internally for having to interrupt her sweet dream. There was a lot to talk about.

 

"Breakfast," I whispered.

 

Nadia bolted up, sniffed the air for a second, before drooping her ears and pouting adorably at me.

 

"Whyyyy" she whined.

 

Teasing, I stated, "Well, I needed to get the attention of my hungry little fox. Did you have a pleasant hunt?"

 

"awawawa" *poof*

 

Seeing the steam burst out of her head as she hid behind her tail, I gushed at her cuteness.

 

I picked her up and placed her into my lap, stroking her hair as she cooled down.

 

When she started shifting and looked up at me, I knew she was coherent.

 

Staring deeply into those beautiful gray fox eyes I somberly declared, "We need to talk."

 

*beep!*

 

We flinched as Nadia's watch announced a new message.

 

Opening it up and reading it for a moment, she turned to me as her lips quivered and her ears drooped pitifully.

 

Trembling, she muttered quietly, "Ok, we will talk. Let's just have breakfast first."

 

I worried about her mental state, my anxiety increasing as time passed.

 

During breakfast, it seemed like she was forcing herself to eat, mechanically shoveling food into her mouth, not even noticing as I placed some of my bacon on her plate.

 

When she finally finished, she turned to me with dull eyes, bracing herself fearfully.

 

Uncertainly, she asked, "So you know the whole truth?"

 

Gently I remarked, "Yeah, I know it."

 

Tears entering her eyes she fearfully rambled, "Is this where you abandon me? Is it because I hid the truth? Is it because I am too much to handle?..."

 

Her ears and tail drooped as she spoke in a downward spiral, breaking my heart.

 

Firmly holding her cheeks, I interrupted her with a kiss, separating only after I felt her relax.

 

In a tender voice, I softly berated, "I will never abandon you. You are precious, the love of my life."

 

Firmly, I added, "No matter what happens, no matter where you go, I will be there for you. Never forget that!"

 

Ashamed of her misunderstanding, she squeezed me and cried into my chest as I gently rubbed her back, keeping a firm hold so that she knew she was safe in my arms.

 

When she finished letting her feelings out, she turned her head to me.

 

Sniffing, she fidgeted with her tail and meekly asked, "So what was it you wanted to talk about?"

 

Deciding to shelve the topic of becoming a deity for another day, I tenderly brushed her cheek with a finger and whispered lovingly, "I just wanted to see how you are doing, and how I can be of help to you."

 

Voice cracking, I continued, "I knew you were suffering, but I didn't know in what way. I could only watch as you quietly suffered in front of me with me not knowing how I could comfort you.

 

I felt like a failure yesterday when you had your panic attack. I knew that you had hemophobia, and yet I let you out of sight in a place where, -that-, is very common.

 

Seeing you in that state-"

 

I sobbed, the image of her blood drenched state burned into my mind.

 

I croaked out, "I have failed you, and you suffered for it. The one who should be truly angry is you."

 

Rambling myself, I added, "If anyone would be abandoning anyone, I fear that you have every right to do it to me. I'm an S Rank hero, and I couldn't even protect the one closest to me. I am a fai-"

 

Nadia suddenly planted her lips against mine, and I melted into the sensation.

 

Pulling away from me, she began gently berating me, effectively reversing our roles.

 

"Don't you dare say that you are a failure! You have indeed succeeded in saving me. Without you, I would have spent the rest of my life alone, secluded from everything. You were there for me, and that is what truly counts.

 

You will never be able to protect me fully from my trauma, I do not expect that of you. It is impossible! I just want to be with you, forever and always, through good times and the bad, in sickness and in health. That is what I want!"

 

With that, I started crying in relief and happiness that she didn't hate me, heart burning brighter for her with her smooth words.

 

Calming down, I sniffed, and teased, "Did you just propose to me?"

 

Nadia mulled over what she just said in the heat of the moment.

 

Realizing what she just said, her eyes widened as she turned a vivid shade of red.

 

*poof*

 

Another steam explosion happened from Nadia's face as she fainted from embarrassment.

 

Giggling to myself, I picked her up and brought us to the living room.

 

Sitting on the couch, I rested her head on my lap as I stroked her head.

 

When she finally came to, she meekly hid her face with her tail.

 

*uuuuuuu* "I imagined my proposal to be more romantic."

 

Feeling some pity I rubbed her back and consoled, "Don't worry, you have definitely caught my heart. We can always do romantic stuff on our dates, cutie."

 

Blushing, her tail wagged as she became unfocused and drooled a little out of the corner of her mouth, likely imagining all the romantic and naughty things we could get up to on our dates.

 

Seeing her like that, I had to stifle a giggle.

 

Snapping out of her daydreams, she blushed, and excitedly asked, "Is there anything we can do?"

 

"Let me seee."

 

Pulling up my watch, I was immediately disappointed.

 

Glaring at the public announcement, I stated flatly,  "It says here that there is a public lockdown going on right now. Everyone is to stay at home while the military is restoring order."

 

Ears drooping in disappointment, Nadia pouted, "Oh."

 

Thinking quickly, I mentioned, "How about we watch a few movies together."

 

Ears perking up and tail wagging, Nadia cheered, "Yea! Let's go!"

 

Giggling at her antics, I amusedly confirmed, "Alright, we'll go with that."

 

We spent the rest of the day watching romance movies. With her history revealed, she was more open about what she said, and we ended up chatting about the differences between our worlds.

 

A long day over, I snuggled into bed with Nadia.

 

In my heart I dedicated a little prayer to Iris:

'Thank you Iris for relieving Nadia from the burden of her secrecy. She is much happier now that she can be more open.'

 

As I finished nodding off, I heard a faint whisper, "You’re welcome~"

 

Whew! That was one bittersweet chapter. On that note, let me give you a couple images from the A.I. to bring your sugar levels back up.

Zoey in Dreamland

Spoiler

Zoey in dreamland

[collapse]

Nadia, current casual clothes

Spoiler

Nadia, casual clothes

[collapse]

P.S. It is really interesting how you could take a photo and turn it into something entirely different using the A.I.

For instance (Ignore sideways pictures, weird imaging host glitch)

For Shield-Before and After

Spoiler

Butterfly

shield

[collapse]

For Sword-Before and After

Spoiler

fireworks

sword

[collapse]

Thanks for indulging my little rant, anyways, see you next chapter!

(˃ᆺ˂✿)

75