Glimpse of Another Otherworlder!!!
2.1k 38 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Finally! I finished this chapter. I really should have spent less time generating images with that dumb A.I., however, it was definitely worth it.

Well here you go.

Enjoy! (˃ᆺ˂✿)

 

Pov Nadia:

'Sooo cute!'

 

Waking up first, I got to see Zoey's sleeping face.

 

Tenderly brushing her hair behind her ear I got a better view of my beloved.

 

'Tehe, she's drooling.'

 

Very, very carefully, I used the blanket to wipe it off.

 

Zoey shifted a little, causing me to freeze.

 

Waiting a couple tense moments, I relaxed and sighed in relief that I didn't wake her.

 

Bolder, I stroked her hair, watching as her features softened in contentment.

 

"Fluff-yyyyy… Nooooo! She's my Nadia, she belongs to meeee…"

 

I blushed at Zoey's sleep talk, however, it warmed my heart with how much I meant to her.

 

Looking at the time, it was 9:40am.

 

'Hmmm, to wake up Zoey or not?'

 

Being cozy, I didn't have any motivation to get up whatsoever.

 

Addicted to the warmth, I decided to continue cuddling, observing Zoey until she wakes up.

 

*Diiiiinnng Dooooonng!*

 

'RAAAAAAAWWR!!! I swear that I will tear out that doorbell if it interrupts my time with Zoey one more time!'

 

*eeeaaaahhhnnn*

 

Stretching, Zoey yawned as she got up.

 

Seeing my face she amusedly commented,  "Someone sure is angry."

 

"Of course," I grumped.

 

At the end of my patience, I extended shadow claws and growled, "I am debating whether to rip that bell out right now or not."

 

Taken aback a bit by my ferocity, Zoey quickly decided to console me.

 

Reaching out and patting me gently twice on the head, she tenderly soothed, "Shhh, it's okay, no need to be angry at the doorbell for doing its job."

 

Before I could disagree, she kissed me on the forehead.

 

Instantly, my anger dissolved as my train of thought froze.

 

Giggling, Zoey got up and headed to the intercom.

 

Amusement still in her voice, she asked, "Who is it?"

 

She frowned as Commander Reyes' exhausted voice came through.

 

"It is me again. I am here with agents Truman and Warner from the A.H.A. We have official business we need to take care of."

 

Zoey sighed as I worriedly commented, "It must really be bad if all three have to show up."

 

Zoey just nodded as she warily invited, "Come in."

 

Quickly we got dressed and rushed to the door.

 

I shifted nervously behind Zoey as she opened the door.

 

Commander Reyes looked very neat and proper, despite how tired she sounded. Her hair down, neatly brushed and a military cap on top this time.

 

Behind her, agents Truman and Warner were also in formal military attire, with badges representing their affiliation with the A.H.A.

 

Agent Truman still had a professional neutral expression, while Agent Warner donned his friendly smile, though less so with how solemn as the atmosphere was around them.

 

Spoiler

Commander Reyes

Agent Truman

Agent Warner

[collapse]

 

Zoey waved them in with her hand as she said, "Let's take this to the study room."

 

The trip to the room was tense, with their solemn expressions increasing the pressure I felt with every step.

 

Worried, I hugged Zoey's side tightly.

 

Arriving, we pulled an extra chair to the meeting area for Commander Reyes, and then we all sat down.

 

The silence as we stared at each other was intense, and I couldn't handle the pressure.

 

Heart rate rising, my breathing became erratic as I squeezed Zoey for support, tail floofing up as I used it to hide me.

 

"It's alright, I'm here." Zoey gently soothed as she rubbed my back.

 

Seeing that I calmed down, Commander Reyes took charge of the conversation.

 

Solemnly she began, "I was really hoping that I didn't have to come back here, but sadly, circumstances won't let me.

 

Over the past couple days, the invaders have opened up two giant rifts and had one of their mages set up a barrier around the second one after the first one failed with their ritual.

 

Right now, they have fortified a base surrounding it and have called for a truce."

 

Curiously I interrupted before she could continue.

 

"Shouldn’t they have been beaten by now?"

 

Commander Reyes' eyes unfocused as she solemnly reminisced, "Normally we would have been able to easily close the rift by now, however, they were very prepared.

 

They had spies gathering information for years. We were not expecting a military force full of tanks and weapons very similar to ours.

 

What is worse is that they somehow enhanced them to be more powerful.

 

We are not prepared to deal with them."

 

Ears drooping, I whispered, "Oh."

 

Seeing that, Commander Reyes quickly soothed, "It's ok, there is no way you could have known."

 

Clearing her throat, she continued, "That is why we are here right now. As part of the conditions to have a peace conference with us was by demanding we must-" 

 

Making air quotes with her fingers she continued, "Bring the deity's champion, priest, apostle, shrine caretaker, or whatever they go by, or we will take drastic measures."

 

"We have no choice but to accept it right now."

 

Knowing what was coming, I worriedly looked at Zoey.

 

She squeezed me close to her, comforting me that she was with me.

 

"Nadia, we are sorry to involve you in this, but we have to bring you." [Commander Reyes]

 

Zoey was about to get up in protest but froze as Commander Reyes held up a finger.

 

She then addressed Zoey, teasing with a wink, "I knew that you wouldn't just let us take your girlfriend, so I took the liberty to register you as her bodyguard."

 

Reddening, Zoey's tension released as she heard that, a sigh of relief escaping her lips.

 

Examining me closer, Commander Reyes shook her head.

 

"This won't do. Do you have any formal wear?"

 

Shaking my head no, she smirked.

 

Amusement in her voice she quipped, "It's a good thing we came prepared."

 

Making a go ahead gesture, Agent Truman then pulled up the bag she placed beside her and pulled out a rectangular plastic bag where I could see folded dark blue clothes with a couple pink flowers sealed inside.

 

Extending it out, I warily took it out of her hands.

 

Examining the label on the sticker I paled and cried out "Nyoooooo!". 

 

"What is it?!" Zoey asked curiously, worried about what I was just handed.

 

I just showed her the label: 

 

Floral Kimono for the Kin 

Size: XS.

 

Snorting Zoey amusedly sang, "I don't knooooow, It seems cute to me."

 

"It's dangerous!" I hissed back.

 

Patting my head a couple times to console me she appealed, "I think you'll look good in it. Besides, if you hate it that much we can always get something else."

 

Tentatively I nodded.

 

With our bickering over, Commander Reyes smirked as she advised Zoey, "You should get changed as well."

 

Voice becoming chipper she teased, "I suggest you take out that uniform, I am sure that Nadia will love it."

 

Blushing, Zoey nodded as steam came out of her ears.

 

Confused, I just tilted my head, ignoring Agent Truman's squeal in the background.

 

Heading to her room, I changed as Zoey walked into her closet and shut the door behind her.

 

Following the directions to wear it was difficult, but I somehow managed.

 

Zoey opened the door, and we were stunned with what we saw.

 

Zoey was showing much more skin than usual, and I had to keep my mind from wandering to naughty places.

 

Her hero outfit was black with white armor plating. She had a crop top shirt featuring white chest plate armor and shoulder guards that opened to reveal her shoulders. She had white vambraces on her arm.

 

Looking lower, she had an armored black miniskirt and plated thigh high leggings.

 

Spoiler

Zoey-New Hero Outfit

[collapse]

 

Snapping out of her daze, Zoey complimented, "You look very pretty." causing me to blush.

 

I blurted, "You're hot!"

 

My words embarrassed both of us, and we needed a moment to cool down.

 

Settling down, Zoey asked, "Does it fit ok?"

 

Shifting around, I nodded. It was actually a lot more comfy than it looked, with the fabric soft against my skin.

 

I just had one worry. "Won't I stand out too much in this outfit?"

 

Smirking, Zoey persuaded, "Don't worry, it definitely suits you."

 

Unsure, I headed to the mirror in Zoey's bathroom and checked myself out.

 

I had to admit that I did look good.

 

The kimono was very pretty, making me fear dirtying it.

 

Thinking I was missing something, I pulled a red ribbon from my storage and tied it on the side of my head.

 

Examining myself, I nodded in satisfaction.

 

Spoiler

Nadia-Kimono

[collapse]

 

Even though my outfit looked cute, a thought flashed through my mind, causing me to frown.

 

"What's wrong?" Zoey asked.

 

"This outfit is truly very dangerous." I stated.

 

"I don't know if other people can handle it.

 

Face softening, Zoey hugged me and whispered, "Ok, we will get something else if it worries you that much."

 

*knock knock knock*

 

Commander Reyes' voice came through. "Are you ready, the meeting is going to begin soon."

 

*awawawa!*

 

Panicked, I hissed urgently, "What do I do?!"

 

Zoey rubbed my back soothed tenderly, "It's ok, I will be right with you all the way, just breathe."

 

Taking a deep breath I calmed down.

 

"Will you be ok?" Zoey concernedly fretted.

 

Firming my resolve, I nodded.

 

Taking her hand, we exited her room.

 

Commander Reyes, who was waiting on the other side examined us. 

 

Nodding in satisfaction, she complimented, "It definitely suits you."

 

*beep!*

 

Hearing the alarm going off on her watch, she exclaimed, "The meeting is about to start, we have to go, Agents Truman and Warner are already at the limo waiting for us!"

 

We rushed outside and I froze as the limo came into sight. It was not what I was expecting.

 

The shape was much more sleek and high tech, however I focused on one fact.

 

It was hovering.

 

My hand clenched on Zoey’s in fear as we neared.

 

"You ok?" she whispered.

 

Leaning closer to her I muttered, "The cars where I come from don't fly."

 

"Oh."

 

Giving me a side hug, Zoey whispered soothingly, "Just close your eyes when we get on, I will let you know when we arrive."

 

I nodded.

 

Agent Warner held the door open as we stepped inside.

 

Not feeling the expected dip as I stepped on, my worries dissipated with how stable it felt.

 

Nodding, I whispered to Zoey, "I think I will be able to handle this."

 

Zoey tenderly patted me on the head, "Ok, just let me know if it gets to be too much."

 

We took the seats on one side while Agent Truman and Commander Reyes took the other. Apparently Agent Warner was our chauffeur for the trip.

 

"Is everyone buckled in? "[Agent Warner]

 

""""Yeah"""" we all replied.

 

I covered my mouth so that I wouldn’t embarrass myself with shouting jynx. It was very hard not to follow that habit.

 

Knowing what I was about to say, Zoey rubbed my shoulder, and I leaned into her.

 

Zoey twitched, and I failed to hide my amused smile as I realized I must have accidentally brushed her tickle spot with my ear.

 

Seeing that, Zoey poked me in the side.

 

*Yipe!*

 

I pouted, "Unfair!" Then I poked her back, causing her to giggle.

 

Before we could continue, Commander Reyes commented, "Ah, young love. Isn't it just sooo sweet?"

 

Agent Truman nodded in agreement.

 

*waaaah!*

 

Realizing where we were, we blushed, and I hid my face with my tail.

 

Agent Truman cooed as she saw that.

 

Cooling down, I looked out the window.

 

It truly was a view, looking down at the city, however, in the distance I could see smoke and destroyed buildings.

 

Seeing that we were heading in that direction, Zoey suddenly covered my eyes as she whispered harshly, "Why are we headed that way? You know how Nadia is with that!"

 

Solemnly Commander Reyes answered, "We do know, and the meeting will be held in a park nearby. You don't have to worry about that, the area is clear and undamaged, and the surrounding trees and flowers should keep the scent away."

 

Zoey relaxed at those words, but still covered my eyes just in case.

 

Commander Reyes' voice suddenly became grave. "I would keep your guard up if I were you though. The poo- *cough cough* The Governor seems to be plotting something for the meeting, however, he refuses to say what it is."

 

Snickering, I mused, 'She was definitely going to say something naughty there.'

 

Heeding the warning, Zoey temporarily uncovered my eyes as she cast a few protective spells. Agent Truman and I watched fascinated as the shiny runes entered her one by one."

 

Finished, she asked, "Do you need any protective spells?"

 

I shook my head in negation, knowing that nothing could harm me.

 

Nodding, Zoey covered my eyes again.

 

We rode on in solemn silence for a few minutes.

 

Uncovering my eyes, Zoey announced, "We're here."

 

Getting out, I looked around. It was chaos.

 

There were agents and heroes securing the area as important looking people hustled about.

 

In the center of the park a large tent was set up.

 

In the distance I could see a silver RV that was heavily armored driving towards us with a couple people carrying a staff sitting cross legged on the roof.

 

'How are they staying up there?'

 

Before I could continue examining my surroundings, we were approached by a bunch of heroes and agents.

 

One of them stepped forwards. "Commander Reyes, we are here to escort your group to the meeting area."

 

With her nod of approval, they surrounded us, preparing to escort us as bodyguards.

 

Not used to being surrounded by intimidating people, I squeezed closer to Zoey's side for comfort.

 

Zoey gently rubbed my back as we made our way to the tent.

 

Arriving, the bodyguards surrounded the entrance in a semicircle as Commander Reyes gestured us inside.

 

Inside, I saw a huge conference table surrounded by a bunch of important military personnel and leaders.

 

Of course as the only civilian here, I drew everyone's attention as soon as I stepped in, my vibrant clothes making me pop out more.

 

Pressured by all the gazes, I shyly hid behind Zoey.

 

A man wearing a business suit at the head of the table stood up and headed to our group.

 

Nodding to Commander Reyes he greeted her with a hint of scorn in his voice. "Nice of you to finally join us Commander Reyes."

 

She returned the nod with a very neutral expression, "Governor Evilian."

 

Looking at his name tag I wondered why she pronounced it ev-el-ion, especially with how intimidating he looked. I would bet all my money that he was definitely a bad person just based on how he treated her.

 

Moving on he nodded as he neutrally greeted, "Agent Truman, Agent Warner."

 

They also gave neutral nods of greeting, and I couldn't find a hint of Agent Warner's friendly smile as he did so.

 

Getting to Zoey, he sneered, "Ex S rank Zoey Grimm, wasn't expecting to see you around."

 

At that I started growling and he turned his sharp gaze to me.

 

Glaring as he examined me, I couldn’t handle the pressure as my tail floofed up and I hid behind her, still growling.

 

"Doesn't look like much." He commented.

 

His aid interrupted him at that moment. "Sir, the meeting is about to start."

 

Grunting, he turned to leave, scoffing under his breath in a derogatory way, "nature kin."

 

Hugging me, Zoey whispered, "Are you alright?"

 

Slightly shivering, I replied "I will manage."

 

At that point I suddenly swiveled my ears, then my head as people arrived at the other entrance of the tent.

 

A man's voice sounded scolding, "Princess, you should not have come in person. These people could have set up a trap. It is not safe!"

 

She replied firmly, "You know just how important this meeting is. Our world is in turmoil, the magical creatures are dwindling as well as the plants. We can’t even find that flower that could help my sick sister! We need to contact that deity!"

 

Voice lowering, she whispered, "Besides, can't you feel it?"

 

"What?" The man's voice asked.

 

"The mana in the air here is very dense."

 

The man being the voice of reason observed, "It could be one of their powerful heroes radiating that energy."

 

Her voice denied it saying, "Observe more closely, the mana is rapidly increasing, now might be a good time to take the locator out to double check."

 

*crack, piiissshhh!!*

 

A couple gasps sounded as I heard a shout "What was that?"

 

The princess called out, "It's nothing serious, I just dropped something.

 

Lowering her voice she excitedly whispered, "The deity is definitely here, and we are in luck! The people here don't seem to notice that the deity is nearby, otherwise they would never let us near here."

 

Her advisor hissed, "I don't think this is a good idea. That mana signature was quite ominous! What if that deity is evil, then it would be better to leave them to the people here to deal with it."

 

In a resolved voice she whispered, "If they are evil, then so be it, I will make a deal even with the devil himself if that is what it will take to rescue our world and my sister! I will bear the blame should we become slaves to the deity. 

 

Besides, we won’t know what they are like until we meet them. Have some faith!"

 

Unsure, her adviser fretted, "I don't know, seems risky to me."

 

Chipper, she consoled, "Relax, we are just meeting the deity's champion right now, we can judge for ourselves whether this deity is worth pursuing after meeting them."

 

Continuing she added, "Besides, what could possibly go wrong?"

 

My guard increased as I screamed 'FLAG!!! FLAG!!! FLAG!!!' in my mind.

 

Quickly I scanned the tent for anything out of place, I found nothing.

 

Noticing my tension, Zoey rubbed my back and gestured with her head to the entrance and asked, "What happened?"

 

Relaxing in her embrace, I whispered, "Besides finding out that I am here, they raised a flag!"

 

Confused, Zoey asked, "What do you mean?"

 

Gesturing with my hands for emphasis I dramatically wailed, "I mean, this meeting is doomed, doomed I say!"

 

Zoey ignored the weird stares we were getting and raised her guard.

 

Seeing that, Commander Reyes and Agents Truman and Warner followed suit, realizing that I was being serious despite being a drama queen.

 

Everyone else just shook their heads in amusement and dismissed my words, except the Governor, who was clenching his fist in frustration for some reason.

 

The tent flap suddenly opened, and I saw the princess that did not match the cliché image I had of one in my mind.

 

While she was pretty with her long violet hair and matching eyes, she was dressed for war. She had a sniper rifle slung across her back and silver space knight armor that had a more dramatic flair as she made her entrance.

 

Spoiler

Princess Liliana

[collapse]

 

Handing her sniper off to one of her guards, she looked around the room.

 

Seeing me, her regal image was instantly destroyed.

 

"Kyaaaaa so cute!"

 

Rushing over behind me she picked me up off the ground and squeezed me against her, resting her chin on my head.

 

Her advisor facepalmed while I flailed and gave pleading eyes at Zoey to help me out.

 

Seeing my predicament, Zoey snorted and began giggling. 

 

I pouted and drooped as I realized I wouldn't be rescued any time soon.

 

Not liking being held by a stranger, I teleported behind Zoey and hissed at the princess, leaving a disappointed face behind.

 

*cough*

 

At her advisor's cough she remembered where she was. Seeing the weird stares and few jealous gazes, she blushed and tried to salvage what dignity she could.

 

Coughing into her hand, she introduced herself.

 

"I am Princess Liliana of Draxwood."

 

Giving a respectful nod to Zoey, she turned to me.

 

Softly she apologized, "Sorry little champion, I just can't resist cuteness. Let me give you the respect you deserve as a deity's priestess."

 

With that she placed her right fist over her heart and bowed formally.

 

I shifted awkwardly at having a princess bow to me and looked to Zoey for help.

 

Seeing her struggling to hide a smile I pouted.

 

Realizing I left a princess bowing, I flailed and embaressedly squeaked, "It's fine!"

 

With that the princess rose, a smirk of amusement forming on her face.

 

Blushing, I hid behind Zoey.

 

Slowly turning, she whispered, "We'll talk more later. After all, we have a meeting to begin."

 

I just stood there in a daze as she went around greeting everyone, however she didn't bow for anyone like she did for me, just a slight head tilt of acknowledgement.

 

Zoey's hand falling on my shoulder snapped me back into focus.

 

"You ok?"

 

Nodding, I whispered, "That just happened, right?."

 

Zoey slowly nodded in affirmation.

 

"Come on, we are about to begin!"[Commander Reyes]

 

With her exclamation, we headed to the table.

 

Looking at the name tags at the seats, I frowned when I got to mine.

 

Pouting, I turned to Zoey and indignantly cried, "They didn't even reserve a seat for you."

 

Zoey kissed me on the head and smoothly replied, "Shh, it's ok. We can easily fix that."

 

Pulling out the chair she sat on it and pulled me onto her lap, then smirked provocatively at Princess Liliana, causing her to pout in jealousy.

 

Rebooting, I blushed and hid my face with my tail, causing a few to let out muffled coos of adoration.

 

*clap!*

 

Governor Evilian clapped for attention as he began the meeting, "Ok, let's begin…"

 

I zoned out and yawned as a bunch of legal jargon was being thrown around.

 

Sleepy, I snuggled closer to Zoey, as she tenderly stroked my hair.

 

I decided not to mention anything about the lasers beaming between her and the princess as some sort of rivalry formed between them.

 

*BANG!!!*

 

Covering my ears, I yelped, "So loud!"

 

A deformed piece of metal the size of a dime fell into my lap.

 

Seeing sunlight beaming out of a hole on the opposite side of the tent, I realized what just happened.

 

'Someone just tried to kill me.'

 

Everyone was shocked, including Princess Liliana.

 

Then all hell broke loose.

 

Guards from both sides rushed in and evacuated their leaders, a couple people getting scraped in the chaos.

 

Adrenaline spiking I shrieked, following my first thought I teleported me and Zoey to my bed.

 

Hyperventilating, I hugged Zoey tightly as what happened replayed in my mind over and over.

 

Feeling her warm embrace and hearing her soothing voice, I slowly calmed down.

 

Looking at Zoey's worried face all I could croak out was, "Someone shot me. Someone actually wanted to kill me."

 

Sobbing, I wailed into her arms. Slowly drifting off into the warmth of her protective embrace as she softly hummed a melody.

 

75