Chapter 2 – Trouble with delinquents
40 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After they are done eating, they decide to slowly start heading back. When Feng looks around the corner, he sees a trash can on the side of the path. As he hurries to throw the package from his sandwich away, he hears some students fighting and loud shouts. Not sure about what to do, he looks at Ming, implying that he should catch up. 

"Do you hear that?"

"I do. Let's go check it out."

Slowly Feng and Ming sneak up to them to see a bunch of delinquents surrounding another student. 

Ming is furious and shouts at them, "Hey, what are you doing? Already picking on students? The school year has just begun!" 

"We're not at fault here, ya know?!", growls one of the delinquents back, visibly showing his annoyance at Ming's treacherous voice. "We were just gonna eat lunch when this kiddo showed up slandering people! We don't even know who he is!" 

"Ha! And? You delinquents are all the same! No respect or morality! Who knows what kind of immoral things you are going to do next!" The boy says, his gaze full of resentment.

"Whatcha trying to say, huh? How about minding ya own business?"

Ming lets out a big sigh, afterwards he gives his best trying to calm the parties down. 

Feng just stands behind Ming, feeling like a coward. He himself is pretty scared that the situation might escalate and feels reluctant to help Ming, as he usually tends to avoid conflicts… But he won't just abandon Ming!

Shortly after, the bell rings. It's a notice for the students that the lessons will start in 5min. The students, tired of fighting, quietly separate. Each running off to attend their next lesson. Ming turns around and puts his hand on Feng's shoulder. 

"Come on. We have to hurry too." 

Feng silently nods, relieved that they didn't end up beating each other up. 

Feng and Ming arrive at the classroom. They're a minute late but you can still hear vivid chatter coming from the inside.  'Looks like the teacher isn't here yet.' 

Quickly they sit down on their seats. Their classmate's conversations are getting louder and louder. It's not hard to overhear what they're talking about. No, it would be a miracle to not hear them.

"Hey did you hear?", they hear a brunette girl saying. "The school representative will come to our class! I heard he's really handsome!"

"I know! I feel like someone in a manga! Who would have thought school prince's exist?" 

"Just because he's handsome, that doesn't mean he also has a good personality." A boy says pouting.

"Even so, his personality is better than yours for sure.", the brunette replies.

"But he isn't the only handsome guy in school. Why should he be so special?" The boy's friend snapped at the brunette. 

And like this, their discussion keeps on heating up. Then the teacher opens the door with a loud bang and steps into the classroom. The school representative Ang follows behind him. 

"Silence pls!", the teacher shouts while eyeing his class. He's implying everyone to shut up because something important is about to be said. Only a few whispers here and there can be heard now. Next the representative gets his say. "Nice to meet you, as you may already know from the opening ceremony, my name is Ang. Today I'm here to inform my dear juniors about the clubs our school offers."

Everyone started cheering and wild talking broke out again. People are shouting around in the classroom and asking their friends if they have already decided on a club they want to join. The teacher has a hard time calming them down again. Then Ang continues.

"We would be happy to get some helping hands in the student council, since we're all really busy. As a reward for the hard work, those who join will get extra benefits of course. For those who are not interested, there will be an event in two days where the other clubs presentate what they are doing." 

After ending his speech he bows down. "That's everything I have to say. Have a nice day." Then he leaves. 

For the rest of the lesson the whole class is super excited, with some girls fawning over the "perfect" prince. Others are simply not caring about their lesson anymore and so… the teacher eventually stopped trying. 

At the end of the day, Feng falls onto his soft and fluffy bed. He's tired and craves vanilla pudding. Sadly it's not that easy to get one anymore since he lives in the dorms. Chun, his roommate, is a lazy one and already went to sleep. Feng stares out of the window and his thoughts sway back to the things that happened today. He isn't sure what kind of club he would like to join. 

"Maybe a sports club,something that has to do with art or a club where you cook and bake?", he mumbles to himself. 

Feng likes to be active and is a fast learner, yet he isn't particularly interested in anything, so his thoughts don't stick onto the clubs for long. Lastly, he ends up thinking of Luan again. 

"Maybe I'll see him." At this thought he can feel his heart beating faster with excitement, his blood rising from nervousness and fist clenching with angst. "Just what should I do? What if he doesn't want to see me again?"

Out of the blue Chun shifts around. Sleepy he rubs his eyes. " What's up?" 

"Oh, did I wake you? Sorry. It's nothing." 

"Mhn. Just go to sleep." The next moment Chun already nods off again. 

Feng does the same and succumbs to sleep surprisingly quickly, but he soon wakes up again. He had an unpleasant dream and now this dream is messing up his feelings. He just has too much on his mind… That's why he is feeling really tired the next morning. To him, It feels like he didn't sleep at all. Suddenly his phone rings. 

Feeling groggy he picks his phone up and looks at the screen.

It's someone he hasn't called with in a long time… Someone from his old village. But he doesn't feel happy at all. The dream put him kinda in a bad mood.

Nervous, he picks up. 

"Hello?..."

☆☆☆

This story is kind of a "slice of life" one, so it might feel a bit dragged... If you guys think the pace is too slow then pls tell me! Oh, and if you could join any kind of club you want, what kind of club would it be? :3

1