Chapter 10: Burn in hell
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Glowing on the water, distorted from the ripples, the gaze of the full moon enveloped the world.  Staring into the horizon, appearing frozen in time, mountain ranges, forests, rivers, and life filled the scenery.

Drawing in particles of mana, a gust of wind swelled up.  Sensing and balancing the flow dancing inside me, hatred was soothing my soul.  Focus digging deeper, synchronizing into my heart and bones, welcoming the sea of mana.  

The gust grew fiercer, as a storm faded in, swirling, raging with animosity.  Mana absorbed into my skin, compressing and violently circulating.

Slowly opening my eyes, the target was already in sight, as my right arm slowly rotated into position.  No words were needed.  

“Hmph,” a noise surprised me from behind. 

Flinching, rotating my eyes out of their sockets trying to observe the side, I reflexively spouted, “Wha-!”

But my voice was cut off, as my vision jolted forward, swiveling downward. Consciousness fading away, quickly losing focus of the world around me.  I gritted my teeth, rage injecting adrenaline back into my bloodstream, I tensed my muscles and forced out a compressed fireball with the culmination of all my mana.   

The piercing light awakened, spreading daylight to the horizon over all the land.  My eardrums burst from the roar, as it sped away, shockwaves rippling in its path, hurling straight for the ship.

“Tsk,” the shadow clicked its tongue and vanished.  

It was too determined, instantly reaching its target.  Searing the air, singing its birth to the world. But it was not done yet, the grand finally was at hand.  Goodbye beautiful world, for my life was but a twinkle.

Eyelids fighting to close, eyelashes protecting me from the wind, was it night or day?  Oh, the moon is full today.  We would gaze at its melody of colors together, just her and I.   I told her it was a bunny shape, but she insists it's our dog.  Did you know they are just craters?

'Daddy, look, the sun is coming out.'  

'No, no, let me go back to sleep, my sweetie.'

'Da-add-dy, wake up!'

My conscious awakens, staring frantically for the ground, my stomach is climbing to my throat.  The ground is near, shit!  I find my silhouette memorized in my bones and yank myself up.  Whiplash hits my neck, throbbing amplified, blinding me.  

A wave of heat touched my face, but my eyes were locked shut, something was searing my skin.  A torrent of wind lifts me up, spinning me in the air, faster and faster. My back hits something heavy and soft, spine vibrating and jolting, I think my clothes got wet.

Ah, it finally- *cough* *blaaahhh*

Lungs begging for air, throat convulsing, kicking and paddling, reaching towards the light moving further away. My skin reaches the air, still kicking at the abyss below, finally my mouth exits the water, as I inhale back the lost air.

Catching my breath was not easy.  Pain in my spine, pain in my butt, pain in my head, pain, pain, pain. 

My breathing finally returned, now taking slow deep breaths, I used the tips of my fingers to dig out the water in my eyes.  

My mind froze while gazing at a towering inferno rising past the clouds, with vortices of black and red, rolling along its neck.  Dancing grander, spreading further, and blocking the moon from my sight.  

Did my magic do this!?  That is a nuclear bomb!

"You are lucky mana does not cause radiation, stubborn bastard," an old lady's voice rang out above me.

I will not lie, I screamed a little.

"Aaaaah-!", my lights went out.

0