Chapter 8: The Black BladeRebellion- DEATH IS FOREVER WITH/US Part 8
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Part 8

Even though it has been nearly two weeks since he was brought to this faculty, the child felt constricted in what was supposed to be a classroom.

It was a plain classroom, or what was supposed to be a classroom.

Nothing special.

Dull.

Lifeless.

Dust.

Cage bars on the windows.

Worn-out chalkboards.

Nothing was hanging on the bare white walls.

Dark brown wooden floors on which beams of light reflect off.

Student desk and chairs.

Shelves are full of tattered books.

Sunlight beamed through the caged bar windows.

The twelve children in the class room stood behind their designated desk, waiting for the instructor to come in and start the lessons for the day.

The child looked around the room at the other children.

From the way things appeared, they were the only children in this building.

All of them, including him, were wearing a white button-down short-sleeve shirt with black slacks and dress shoes.

The children all had their hands folded behind their backs in a salute-type pose.

There was a slight creaking sound as the door to the classroom was pushed open.

Stepping inside was a young female, followed by the program director.

The female had long back hair that reached the back of her mid-section. She was wearing a white long-sleeved sweater and a black skirt that fell above her ankles, with black stockings and black dress shoes.

All the children's eyes followed the teacher as she made her way to the desk near the wall of the room, with the program director standing in front of the class.

In her left hand, she held several folders close to her chest.

As she reached the desk, she placed the folders down. Through her glasses, her gray eyes glanced at the children in the room.

The program director cleared his throat, which caused all the students to turn their attention to him.

"Greetings, young men, I want to thank you again for being here. I know I’ll said that when you all arrived here, that day would be the start of a new day for everyone, but I believe after careful planning that today, right here, right now is that day. Due to our status in the country as mages, opportunities have been limited for you and those just like you."

The statement caused the child to look downward with a sad look on his face.

“But starting today, your standing will be different, as this program will change that.”

Now the child raised his head.

“Right now, because of your status, you have no rights within the country, but with the completion of this program, you will be granted honorary citizenship, granting you all the benefits awarded to regular citizens and more.”

The children began to mutter amongst themselves.

“But I want you to understand that this program will push you to your absolute limit and then so mentally and physically as you hone all your skills, including the magic abilities that you already possess, but I believe that with the people here, you will go forward.”

The program director turned his head to the female.

“I’ll leave these young minds in your hands.”

“Of course.”

“Very well” He turned his head back to the students. “I expect great things from all of you, and if you need anything, I am down the hall in my office.

As he finished that statement, he began walking towards the door.

The female walked up to the front of the class and placed her hands together in front of her legs, which gave off a meek appearance to the children.

“Hello, everyone, my name is Yelena Tarasova, and I'll be teaching you the basic subjects one would learn in school..." The tone in her voice was soft and warm, almost motherly.

The program director grabbed the handle of the door, pulling it open.

“…And it is here within this facility where you’ll learn how to operate in a world full of sinners.” Now the shift in her voice was calm and serious, with a hint of silent anger.

Through his beard, a devilish grin appeared on his face as he heard that he was stepping outside the classroom.

0