Rest In Peace!
168 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Xue Rong calmly accepted the fact that now he has a little sister. System wished him goodnight and disappeared.

Then Xue Rong checked the time, 12:28 am. It was rather late. He had already taken his bath, so he was ready to sleep, but he suddenly thought of Wen Huan. He was in a new environment, so god knows if he could sleep well.

Feeling somewhat worried, he left to check on him.

.....

Wen Huan was inside the balcony, staring at the vast, luminous, and bustling city. At the moment, he has no thoughts in his mind, nor does he wants to think about anything. Such peaceful moments were pretty rare for him.

After being diagnosed with cancer, he experienced tormenting headaches almost every night. So, he couldn't sleep more than 3-4 hours. Although there is no pain in his head now, the habit formed from years of torment is hard to change.

When Xue Rong gently opened the door, he was afraid he would cause Wen Huan to wake up. So he did not make any noise. But as he had guessed, Wen Huan was still awake.

Xue Rong looked towards the balcony and saw Wen Huan. He looked like an old man, filled with a lifetime of worries and regrets. Because of this sudden thought, Xue Rong couldn't help but chuckle.

Wen Huan was sensitive to sounds by instinct, so he instantly looked back. Xue Rong smiled at him and came to the balcony.

"Stargazing? It's good, but children must sleep early to grow taller."

Xue Rong rubbed his hair and spoke gently.

"I know. It's because of the new place. I'll sleep in a bit."

Wen Huan distanced himself from Xue Rong's 'evil claws.' Although his body is of a child, his soul is of a 24 years old proud young man! How could he tolerate an 11-year child patting his head? It was a total disgrace!

If an 11-year-old by the body but a 207-year-old by soul Xue Rong knew his thoughts, he would laugh until his tears drop! This grandpa is almost 5 times older than you!

Xue Rong stood there with Wen Huan, just looking towards the stars or the bright city.

Their last lifetime was a total mess. Wen Huan was an infamous demonic cultivator while he was a righteous cultivator. They were fated to fight each other.

But during the second righteous war, he was seriously injured. At that time, he was caught by demonic cultivators and almost lost his dignity. Luckily, Wen Huan saved him from getting raped.

Wen Huan was a demonic cultivator, but he wouldn't enter conflicts between any factions. He was like a lone wolf, looking down on everyone.

Everyone thought like this, and so did Xue Rong. But it was until he truthfully understood Wen Huan.

From the time he spent together with Wen Huan, Xue Rong realized that he was cruel than a demonic cultivator but was righteous with more compassion than any righteous cultivator.

He killed thousands of people, but he saved millions. The peace lasting for 400 years was the result of his sacrifice. He was also once a proud righteous cultivator and was praised as once a millennium genius.

But he left the path of glory and took all hatred on him, all for the peace.

In the end, without leaving a word, he died for this cause.

Xue Rong was left alone, without knowing if Wen Huan had the same feelings for him or if it was just his own wishful thinking.

Remembering the past and mainly; Wen Huan's death, Xue Rong suddenly felt anxious and looked towards Wen Huan.

A fragile soul inside this small body. Before he could reach him, Wen Huan had already lived an awful life again. But now that he is finally here, he would never allow Wen Huan to die with any regrets.

Xue Rong gently hugged Wen Huan from behind. He desperately needed a moment to calm his heart. Xue Rong felt relief only after knowing that there was still some time. He can still save Wen Huan.

This hug brought him totally different feelings. In their past life, it was Wen Huan who always took care of him. His hugs would give Xue Rong a sense of security.

But now, it changed into a feeling of responsibility. In this life, he'll be the one to take on the role of protector.

Wen Huan was startled by his sudden hug and immediately protested to break free. He was not used to having close physical contact with anyone.

After his mother's death, he only received malice from the world. So by instinct, he refused to get close to anyone.

"Can you not just touch people without warning? I'm not your puppy, you know!"

Wen Huan was finally free from Xue Rong and immediately roared.

"Hmm, not a puppy. But you do feel quite soft to hug. Common, give your gege a hug...!"

All gloomy feelings of the past washed away as Xue Rong chased Wen Huan. They ran all over the room. From bed to sofa, to bathroom, to again balcony.

Wen Huan was seriously scared of this annoying kid. He didn't want to become this brat's little toy!

Wen Huan's strength inside that little body was limited. He was no match for a boy twice older than him. He stopped and started breathing heavily. No matter, he'll remember to take his revenge in the future!

Xue Rong was not seriously trying to catch him, or he would've done that much earlier. Now looking at the pitiful look on Wen Huan, he felt guilty.

"Enough playing. Now it's time to sleep." Xue Rong decided to establish his authority as an older brother.

Also, it was already 1 am.

"You go back and sleep. I will sleep just in a bit." Wen Huan didn't give a damm about some bratty, annoying kid.

Wen Huan knew that he couldn't sleep for at least 2 hours. He was planning to read a book before going to rest.

Xue Rong also realized that this master was not intending to sleep anytime soon. He directly carried Wen Huan in his arms and marched towards the bed.

Wen Huan, who was princess-carried for the first time in his both lives, was startled. He instantly struggled to get free.

"Put me down! I can walk!"

He gritted his teeth and talked in an icy tone.

"It's okay, your gege1Big brother will carry you. Don't be afraid. I won't drop you."

Xue Rong smiled evilly at him and settled him on the bed.

Wen Huan had nothing to say. He pulled the blanket on him and closed his eyes. He was really furious this time.

Xue Rong sighed helplessly, and he also got on the bed. He somewhat guessed that Wen Huan has insomnia2Trouble falling and/or staying asleep. He doesn't know how to help him, but he can't just walk away.

He slept beside Wen Huan, and after some thinking, he gently started to massage his head. Wen Huan was tense at first but slowly relaxed. He knew Xue Rong would still do what he wanted even after being opposed, so he decided to save his breath.

Also, he liked getting massaged. His head started to feel lighter, and his anger subdued a lot.

Forget it. As an understanding adult, he will forgive this kid's offense. Just for this once.

Wen Huan's insomnia was indeed severe. It took 15 minutes before Wen Huan's breathing turned light and stable. Xue Rong rubbed his aching hands.

Then he softly wrapped them both under the blanket. There is no other meaning. He just wanted to indulge in this feeling of solace.

Wen Huan is 6, and he is 11 years old. So, there is no physical attraction. It didn't feel awkward at all.

Afraid of waking up Wen Huan, he avoided moving further. It took just a minute for him to fall asleep.

He woke up at around 7 am. He looked for Wen Huan, but he was not inside the room.

He left his room and took a shower before going for breakfast.

His mom and Wen Huan had already started eating. His mom needs to report for duty early, so they often eat breakfast separately. As for Wen Huan, he can't wait to get rid of him.

"Come, eat something. Your dad is also back. He will come down in a bit."

Bai Li saw him and told him about the arrival of Xue Leiyun.

"Dad is already back! I thought he was coming next week."

Xue Rong first greeted and then asked.

Bai Li finished her breakfast and answered before leaving.

"Yes, but when I told him about Wen Huan, he wrapped his work and left early. He wants to spend time with you both because once your school starts in a month, there will be no time for almost a year."

"He surely didn't think of this problem when it was just me."

Xue complained jokingly. Bai Li paid no more attention to him and left for work.

"I'm not staying, but I'll take you both with me. I didn't take you before, because I thought you'll feel bored just by yourself. But now you and Wen Huan can accompany each other when I'm not around."

Xue Leiyun answered as he took his seat.

"Dad." Xue Rong.

"Uncle Xue." Wen Huan.

"Hmm. So, you guys want to come or not?"

Xue Leiyun is a famous businessman. He inherited and developed 'Bai Xue'3 Previously known as the 'Xue Group'; but he changed its name to 'Bai Xue'. Bai Xue means 'White Snow'. This name is a combination of Xue Leiyun and his wife, Bai Li's names. group. His investments are in various industries, but his main focus is on infrastructure development.

"Of course, we're coming. Thanks, dad!"

Xue Rong was really happy about this opportunity. If he wants to save this world, he doesn't have much time. This summer vacation may very likely become the last chance to spend a long time with Wen Huan.

"Thanks, uncle Xue."

Wen Huan doesn't really want to go, but he also doesn't want to reject the first invitation by Xue Rong. It's not like he has something else to do either.

"Okay, then get ready by 2. Our flight is at 3 pm. I'm taking you both to a dinner party tonight, so remember to take a suit with you."

Xue Rong has attended many dinner parties in the past. So he has many suits. But he doubted that Wen Huan has one.

As if sensing Xue Rong's worry, Xue Leiyun spoke.

"I've already brought you two new suits. Butler Fu must've already delivered them to your rooms. Just remember to pack them."

As a person who lived for 24 years and managed a big group like 'Wen Group'; how can he not notice Xue Leiyun's consideration towards him?

There was no need to bring clothes to Xue Rong. It's just him who doesn't have a suit. But for him to not feel like he was a burden, he brought two sets of the suit.

He'll remember his kindness. Actually, he'll remember this whole family's kindness. After all, it took him a lifetime to get it.

.....

Xue Leiyun, with two kids, finally reached WuCheng city. Assistant Li also joined them and arranged their itinerary. The dinner party was at 8 pm, so they left on time.

Wen Huan had attended many such parties in his past life, so he was not nervous at all. He just followed Xue Rong and remained in his shadow.

Everything was fine until he saw someone familiar.

He saw Xiao Ming. Standing three tables away, he was talking and smiling with a group of youngsters.

Wen Huan's gaze turned cold as he stared in Xiao Ming's direction.

Xue Rong, who paid close attention to Wen Huan, naturally noticed his abnormality and glanced ahead.

When he saw Xiao Ming, his only thought was...

'Rest in peace, Xiao Ming!'

9