An Apple a Day
243 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Belial looked over the boy, the room covered in tissue and filth, dirty magazines tossed about. The smell in the room is revolting.

Reaching down, a massive hand came around the boys throat, tightening his grip until the boy couldn't get out a sound as he lifted him as if he weighed nothing into the air, off the bed, and off his feet as he stared at the boy.

''You... You are the Dragon?... No, you are just a poor choice of a vessel... I see, pray to your god boy.''

The large man was dressed in full armor, a cloak pulled over his head that hid his features, only the bright golden eyes coming from beneath the darkness the hood caused. His armor was black with golden accents, with different knives down his left leg to his knee, and no other visible weapon on him as he reached his free hand forward.

Tearing the boy's shirt off he pressed his hand over the heart.

Seeming to grab at something he suddenly yanked hard, what appeared to be a large green apple-like gem appeared tearing from the boy's chest.

The scream that would've ripped from him if the large man wasn't preventing him from breathing would've wakened the neighborhood.

As he pulled the apple free the boy thrashed a bit before he seemed to pass out, going limp.

With a toss of his hand, he sent the boy crashing back onto his bed. Inspecting the gem in the form of a beautiful emerald apple he released a low chuckle before he seemed to disappear with the softest breeze passing as he did.

In the street, he appeared before a large steed, with the same color as the man's armor he held up the green apple to the large horse.

The horse wasn't made of flesh, but it seemed living like any other, its metal sheen shining softly due to the street light above it.

It began to eat the apple, its nose relaxing as it began to release small quick snorts of happiness as it ate the apple down to the core, all the way until it was finished, the horse leaning down to rest its nose against the man's shoulder.

A power released from the horse, its durability having a massive increase along with its strength and speed, but the main reason why he stole that dragon? Was so his horse would be able to fly.

He rubbed the Horse's snout and main as he released a low deep chuckle. ''How does a dragon taste Yolip?''

The kick at the ground and another snort as the horse shook its head.

''Weak you say... Well, I can not deny that claim, it was a dragon being housed in an extremely pitiful vessel, I am sure it was once strong and mighty... To think it was reduced to such a state, I hold few hopes for this world.''

Grabbing the horn of the saddle, the large man pulled himself up and over onto the saddle with ease, a practiced and fluid movement, done thousands of times.

''Let us test your new flight, we are hunting for the feathers of a fallen next.''

The horse released a low nicker before it began to trot, before slowly increasing to a gallop, its hooves thundering down the street before with a mighty leap it suddenly shot through the air, clearing the clouds in a single bound as it began to run through the air.


 

''We lost our target recently... You're just the kind of tool I need to release my stress.''

A man dressed in priest robes began to stalk towards a woman dressed in the garb of a nun, blond hair matted with sweat, tears streaking down her face, parts of her close already ripped to expose her body.

Choked sobs came from her as she tried to pull herself back from the advancing priest.

A deep voice spoke, a sudden heavy footstep sounding out. ''Is this... What passes for a Priest these days? I am not sure what god allowed you their blessing, but they were wrong to grant it.''

Suddenly the advancing priest folded around a large fist that struck his side, blood spraying from his mouth as he was tossed with a small wave of air as he blasted through the side of the church, skipping like a stong across water before he slammed through a few trees.

The nun looked up in shock, but despite the intimidating appearance of the man, she felt nothing but safety suddenly swell up in her chest, breaking down into harder sobs.

Gripping the chain and clip that held his cloak in place he unlatched it to toss it outwards, pulling the neck of it around the nun as he covered her with it.

He reached forward to hold her cheek, lifting her head to look to him.

The woman looked up to him, her eyes widening as she got to see his face, the man was handsome, with black wild hair along with a nasty scar down the left side of his cheek to his neck. Despite his youthful appearance, his voice held a maturity to it.

''Your name?''

''A-....Asia A-...Argento.'' She spoke, her hands gripping the cloak around her tighter, it further settling in the safety she felt, and the warmth it brought to her making her relax, it gets easier to breathe.

As the man held her cheek a warmth spread from it as a soft golden glow began to shine, she felt the bruises and injuries she had began to fade away, her eyes widening as she thought about the man having an ability like hers.

''My name is Belial Thorn. Please excuse me, Sister Argento.''

He lifted her from her seat on the ground and into the air as the man whistled, the thunderous sounds of hooves suddenly impacting as the horse landed, due to the daylight it showed off the beautiful craftmanship of this living sculpture of a horse. As he set her onto the saddle he spoke. ''This here is Yolip, he's big and mean looking, but a big softy.''

Asia looked in awe at the beauty of the horse below her, confused about how it seemed made of metal, and so alive. She could feel the horse breathe beneath her with each breath it took.

The man lifted his now free hands to the reins, handing them to her as his free hand raised to scratch behind Yolip's left ear. ''Scratch him right here and he'll let no harm reach you.''

Suddenly, with the noise of sliding stone and a lot of footsteps there were shouts and screaming, Asia flinching as she lowered herself against the horse.

''I see... So the whole lot?''

Belial turned to look over the ones that seemed to have come from a deeper section, a few dark feathered ones included in the mix, wielding spears of light.

Belial raised his hand, pure golden light began to rapidly condense in his hand before the sound of thunder roared out from his hand, an actual spear of highly condensed power appeared in his hand. Unlike the fallen's spears, his looked more like a proper spear, and despite the way theirs doubled his in size, his felt far more dangerous.

With a simple raise of the spear and toss, it shot across the room, pinning two Fallen at once at the wings and pinning them to the large cross.

''May the Gods hold forgiveness," Belial spoke as one of the knives lifted from his side, as his hand touched it a concentrated light burst forth from it, completing the strange-looking knife as it became the size of a longsword.

The light that radiated from it caused the air to hiss around it as it seemed to burn the impurities in the air.

''Because I, Belial Thorn will not.''


Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

 

7