Chapter 2 – Confrontation
34 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning arrived with a knock on his door.   

Cael opened the door in a half-dazed state," Who is there? " He muttered. 

"Heyy sleepyhead! Are you alright? " Leo asked with a cheerful expression. 

"I'm alrighy. But why are you banging on my door like this, in the morning? " Cael  asked with mild confusion. 

"Did you forget? We have our first class today, after coming here. "   

Cael's face showed mild annoyance. 

"Hurry up! Quickly get your robe and let's go! " Leo told him to hurry up. 

Cael opened his cupboard and took out his black robe. After swiftly putting on his robe, he stepped out with Leo. 

While they walked towards the classroom, Cael thought inwardly, "System! Show me Leo's stats! "

Beep! 

\[ Scan complete! \]

\[  

Name : Leo  

Age : 15  

Gender : Male 

Status :   

Strength - 3.0  

Agility - 2.5   

Stamina - 3.0   

Health - 2.8  

\]

Cael was left dumbfounded by the difference between him and Leo. 'Is this because he is muscular? Or because he is the son of a count? '

'How can I increase my power? It's the weakest in terms of health and power. I can't be like this forever! ' During his deep thoughts, he did not realize that they had reached the classroom. 

One by one, students started to come inside the classroom. All of their stats were almost double of what Cael's stats were. This created a constricting feeling inside him.

Cael was deep inside his mind, separated from surroundings. 

Suddenly, boys started chattering, looking towards the entrance. Cael looked there, he vaguely remembered that the girl who just walked inside was Vanessa, followed by her flower guardian, Karl. 

\[Scan complete!\]

\[  

Name : Vanessa   

Age : 15   

Gender : Female 

Status :   

Strength - 2.0  

Agility - 2.2  

Stamina - 2.0   

Health - 2.5  

\]

\[   

Name : Karl   

Age : 16  

Gender : Male

Status :   

Strength - 3.0  

Agility - 2.0  

Stamina - 2.8  

Health - 2.5  

\]

Upon gazing at Karl's status, Cael's anxiety grew more, ' I can't face him at the moment. I need to avoid confrontation with him. ' His eyes met with Karl's eyes, which looked fiery red, radiating anger and disgust. 

Before Karl could take his first step in Cael's direction, someone entered the class, diffusing the situation. 

A red robed, mature looking female, elegantly entered the class. With her entrance, the air became heavy, with a feeling of suppression. Cael somehow managed to get out of that suppression with a few some deep breaths. 

Beep!   

\[   

Name : Unknown   

Age : 38   

Gender : Female

System's level is too low to measure the stats of target!   

\]

Cael was shocked. 'How powerful must she be for her stats to be immeasurable on a level where I can see the stats of those who are almost six times stronger than me! '

"Hello students! Congratulations on being accepted into Agnus academy! I am professor Rose. I will conduct your evaluation and divide you into groups. There will be three phased evaluation : mana potential, agility and physical strength. Based on the scores you achieve, you will enter into one of the four classes : Disciples who will directly learn under Sages, Scouters who will be given missions, Alchemists who will study alchemy and potion making and Biobliothecarii who will manage and study books in the library. " She informed students with an authoritarian voice. 

" You may change your class if you acquire achievements and meet the requirements. " She further added. 

Cael had realized that due to his limitinh physical abilities, he could barely score in agility and strength tests. But he was determined to do his best. 

She pointed at the crystal, placed in the middle of the room and told everyone, "Everyone has to put their hands on the crystal. It will evaluate your mana potential. Red spectrum means the highest potential and Blue spectrum denotes the lowest. "

Everyone tested their mana potential, one by one. Leo, Karl and Venessa, all of the nobles had showed their potential in red spectrum. Cael obtained yellow spectrum, denoting his mediocre potential. But it was better than those who had obtained their results in blue spectrum. Hence, it barely affected him. 

Agility test was simple speed test and almost every high ranking noble achieved higher scores. Cael was among those who had obtained lower evaluations in agility test. This was no surprise to him. 

Now came the strength evaluation. 

" Everyone, you to face one of your peers and try to subdue them. But you must not use breathing techniques or any artifacts. " She explained the rules. 

Upon hearing this, Cael started worrying. Because almost everyone had higher stats than himself. 

First match was between Leo and a student named Cason. Leo easily pinned him down, given his muscular body. 

To Cael's misfortune, next match was between him and Karl. 

'Ah fuck! ' Cael cursed his misfortune. 

On giving the sign to start the evaluation, Karl did not miss a second and raised his fist to slam it on Cael's face. Cael instinctively put his hand in front of him to cover his face. 

POW! 

Cael lost his balance for a second, but somehow managed to not hit the ground..   

'This pain! Shit! ' He realized that his left radius bone had suffered a minor fracture. 

Beep! 

\[ Host has suffered a minor fracture on left Radius! \]  

\[  

Status :   

Strength - 0.4   

Agility - 0.5   

Stamina - 0.4  

Health - 0.4 (damage - 0.1)   

\]

Everyone started laughing upon seeing him cornered by Karl. Seeing everyone's reaction, Karl laughed provocatively. Karl wanted to humiliate him even more. 

" I will give you a chance. I'll let you hit me once. " He proudly declared in front of the crowd. 

Cael moved his head to look at professor Rose, whose ignorant expression told him that it was not against the rules. No one cared as long as one's ability is proved, even at the expense of others.   

Realizing that it was his chance, he knew what he needed to do. He recalled the knowledge of human anatomy from his past life. He could see many spots, full of sensitive nerves on his body, without any protection. 

'Hmm… A hit on Trachea could result in fatal injury and professor Rose might not take it well. An upper cut to chin or a liver punch? ' His smirk lifted a corner of his mouth as he decided his target. 

Karl was exposed, exhibiting his empty pride, Crowd was cheeriny for Cael's defeat. 

With every bit of his strength, he retracted himself by his hip. 

POW! 

He jammed his leg into Karl's groin. 

For a moment, Karl the pain that could tear his testicles apart as his muscles contracted in agony. His scream couldn't make it out of his throat. The crowd went silent. 

Beep! 

\[   

Name : Karl  

Age : 16  

Gender : Male

Status :   

Strength - 3.0  

Agility - 2.0  

Stamina - 2.8  

Health - 2.3 (damage - 0.2)   

\]

Professor Rose declared that the evaluation was over. 

1