Chapter 4 – Alchemy hall
73 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 4 Alchemy hall

All alchemist apprentices gathered in front of the Alchemy hall. 

After opening to door to the Alchemy hall, they all appeared in front of a stone staircase that spiralled downwards. 

The flight of stairs was spiralled and descended all the way into the basement of the hall until they

could not be seen anymore.

"It's similar to a dungeon of the castle from the medieval times!" Cael exclaimed, and started stepping down the stairs of the Alchemy hall.      

A voice was heard and it gave them a few sentences of explanation.

"The door which you all had entered from earlier is the main door of the alchemy hall! And besides

that, there are still many exits inside the academy. As long as you have become a Sage, you can chose and select an uninhabited, empty hall for your own personal use!" The voice explained. 

But Cael's mind never stopped wondering, "The purpose for us to advance as a Sage is so we can

obtain an empty dungeon which looks like someone's BDSM room? How delightful!" However, Cael only dared to rant in his heart and didn't say it aloud.

"Our Alchemy hall is divided into several large areas: the alchemy book storage, classrooms,

laboratories, gardening areas and such. As for their exact locations, someone will bring you for an introduction later. For now, all of you must follow the voice to reach the administration area to select your mentors!"

They all came to the front of a slightly larger room, and pointed at the words on the steel door, "This is the administration area, however, I believe none of you will be willing to come here again in the future!" 

Seeing the symbols on the door which seemed like both words and patterns at times, Cael finally

acknowledged that none of the characters were anything like what he had encountered in the past.

[ Analysing language! ] 

[ Analysis complete! ] 

[ Perdyon language, used in incantations ]

"Enter!" that voice sounded from within, and the steel doors moved automatically. An old and shriveled hand opened the door and even beckoned them in. Everyone followed the old man inside and realised that this room was extremely large. An old manwith white beard and thick eyebrows was seated at the wide, black seat with a desk of the same colour. He was scribbling something with a quill pen, and beside him was a stack of parchment.

On his desk, there were countless books disorderly arranged and some crystal balls were acting as

paper weights on them.  

"You're here!" The old man put down the quill pen in his hand, and his wrinkled face smiled gently.

"Now we will begin selecting your mentors. Everyone will be placing your hand on the crystal ball and my treasure will pick a mentor for you!"

"Alchemist Henos…." 

"Alchemist Deutus…

"Next was Cael's turn… 

"Alchemist Kreytus, next…." 

This session soon came to an end.

"Now, for the rules, Department of alchemy, specialises in medicine, botany, and neutralisation of poison. Alchemy apprentice must always follow instructions of the alchemy hall , preparation and

handling of various herbs, and at the same time, assist the Sage in carrying out potion production."

Cael thought inwardly, "A pity that I wasn't able to become a direct disciple, and Leo has become a

disciple already. I'm afraid there will not be much attention given to me!" 

"Also the Alchemy Department mentors all require apprentice to learn on their own and do

experiments and cannot be bothered to teach. Reminds me of my college days. This is such a fraud!"

"With my stats I would have only this Alchemy hall! With the extreme and unique advantages that I

have with the system, I can definitely make use of alchemy to earn money and create potions for

myself to increase my achievements!"

To others, Cael was merely closing his eyes and mumbling like a maniac.

"You all wish to become an alchemist? The effort and resources invested are extremely expensive! I

don't expect much from you, but work hard for your achievements!"After speaking, the old man took a

quill pen and scribbled on the parchment paper. Then he started enchanting, as his eyes sparkeled

with flame. 

"Nus furus voiturr, dis borbole flammurr"

[I call you, the butterflies of the flame]

Many flaming lights appeared out of thin air. And approached the apprentices. 

"Here are your belongings, follow the insects to where your mentors are!"

Everyone bowed deeply and nodded, before leaving through the large door.

The sparkling flame shaped light floated in front and occasionally spun in a circle. Its speed was not too fast, and with Cael's agility was enough to to be able to easily follow it along.

From time to time, there were apprentices who reached their mentor's place.

Cael followed the flaming light and passed through several corridors, two large halls, and a garden. Itnthen stopped in front of an area designed for experiment labs. The illuminating light turned translucent, and immediately passed through the door, leaving Cael outside.

Carl was speechless, yet he did not dare knock on the door. Therefore, he just waited outside patiently.

After a moment, there came a middle-aged man's voice from the inside.

"Cael, huh? Enter!"

"Yes!" Cael pushed opened the doors of the experimental lab.

A sweet and spicy aroma filled the laboratory room, mingling with the odour of poisonous fumes andbliquids, which made Cael furrow his brows.

A huge table took up the space of almost half the lab, and placed on it were various test tubes, flasks and beakers, as well as some other apparatus that Cael could not identify. This made Cael recall his

previous life.

In front of the laboratory table, there stood a red hair, middle-aged man who wore red robes. His collar was embroidered with golden patterns, and his eyes emitted a golden light, like two golden gems.

"I'm Kreytus, and I've heard the details from the flame insect. So then, Cael, are you willing to become

my apprentice?" Kreytus put down the lab instrument in his hands and said solemnly.

2