Chapter 16 Birthday
7 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Finally the day came, my 10th birthday, I woke up in the morning and well I had made a promise to my mother that I would ignore my status screen until we went to the church, she has passed me all the knowledge she could find, and well classes give you bonus stats, and make certain task easier, they give a boost to your own talent, and in some specific cases those classes will have special abilities tied to them, one of the precious heroes had the calming mind special ability, that allowed her to help anybody that came to her, she was the one that brought all the medical knowledge and as they told me she was a doctor before her transmigration.

 

Another hero had a critical hit ability, he could see the flaws on your defense and strike where it hurt the most, and all these people got these amazing extra skills with the second class the one given to them because they were Chosen of the gods, I was excited to see what kind of ability I was going to get.

 

Another thing that bothered me and that my moms could not give me an explanation was that almost all the production classes started with apprentice, Apprentice Blacksmith, Apprentice Seamstress, Apprentice Carpenter, while a whole bunch of other classes started with Beginner, beginner swordsman, beginner mage, beginner spearman, this bothered me a lot, especially since some of those classes could multiply stats by a good chunk, all the beginner classes have no change at all, but the classes that started with apprentice they had some stats multiplied by 3, but this classes being production classes mostly multiplied constitution or dexterity on the physical side and perception or magic on the mental side.

 

With that info I understood why Bart, my blacksmith teacher, appeared to never be tired, with his constitution multiplied by 3, he probably could run every soldier into the ground twice before he even started to get tired.

 

So I got up from my bed, went down for breakfast most of the family that was at the house wished me a happy birthday, and then my father and all of my moms decided to come with me to the church, I had asked this of them, I had the option to keep everything secret, but this did not sit well with me, there were some things that it was good to keep secret but there were other things that it was just better to spread the information around, whatever information I gained today was going to affect the way I trained and the way I went forward with my own plans and those of my parents, so it was far better for all of us to be on the same page.

 

We arrived at the church and the Priest Raul was there waiting for us.

 

- Hello duke, good morning to you and your family – Says the priest towards my father, he looks angry.

 

- Hello Raul, I send you a message two weeks ago about using the awakening chamber – says my father.

 

- Yes I got it, and this is highly irregular, this is not the time for any of your children to do an awakening – says the father and I can see where his anger is coming from.

 

- Father lets go in and talk on your office I asked you to put the notice that the church was closed today because I believe is necessary for all of us, I understand that the church only ever closes for repairs, so lets go towards your office – says my father.

 

We all move towards the office of the priest, is so weird to see the church empty, every time I went down to the city the church was always full of people, coming and going with lots of kids doing their awakenings, some adults coming into the church to change their classes, and well the general public who just came to worship and pray, in a world where the gods were far more tangible than my previous one, well people took religion a lot more seriously and with a lot less vitriol.

 

Once we reach his office I see my dad bring out the sphere that he uses for private conversations and the priest pales.

 

- You are using the royal orb? – ask the priest.

 

- Yes the situation with carter has made me cautious, before we say anything else I need you to do a binding promise on the 12 gods, that whatever we talk here today won’t be repeated at all until Carter here lift this imposition from you – says my father, and his eyes are looking straight at the priest while his right hand grabs his sword and his left hand keeps the orb active.

 

My father drops the privacy shield and I look at him and he explains himself.

 

- Yes son he could do the promise under the shield and the gods would still hear it especially since the promise will call them to be witness, but it would be rude on our part to make it harder on them that it needs to be, we are alone on this office and if anybody hear him making the promise it is not a problem, once the promise is done and witnessed we can just put the dome back up.

 

- I swear with the 12 gods as my witnesses that everything we talk today I will keep in confidence, until I’m released of this promise by Carter Edgefall. – The priest says all this while he smiles at me, he looks a lot less mad than at the entrance of the church.

 

At that point I can see how a tiny flash of lights appears almost in front of the priest, it is very small but it is very visible and it stays for a couple of seconds before disappearing.

 

- Well the promise have been made – says my father and he puts the dome back up, and then proceed to tell the priest what happened at my awakening and my title as chosen of the goddess Amelia.

 

The Change in the priest has almost instantaneous, as soon as he knew I had that title he fully understood the necessity for privacy.

 

- I have to ask this, is he a hero? – ask the priest.

 

- No, we don’t think so, he does not have the blessing of the hero or its outrageous effects, he is talented, he picks up skills and advance them fairly fast, but it is within the boundaries than any kid of our community can do, also we have had messages from the Goddess about Carter, and we understand that the goddess send Carter to help, but she is leaving up to Carter how he help us – answer my mother.

 

- Oh really, so the rumor that carter designed the sewer system is true? – ask the priest

 

- Yeah he did and it has proven to be effective, I did not know how much healing was being consumed by sicknesses that could have been prevented, we have seen a significant rise on the number of soldiers saved because a lot of healers are not so magically starved by dealing with sicknesses in the general population. – Says my father with a mixture of pride on my achievement and shame that he did not think of doing the same before.

 

We end our conversation and we go towards the awakening room, once we arrived we all enter except the priest who closes the door and stays outside guarding the door, and then I start with what my mother told me.

 

- I wish to pick a class – I say clearly

 

A new window appears in front of me and my family, on this window I can see all the classes that are available to me, there are not that many beginner swordsman, novice mage, apprentice blacksmith, apprentice engineer, apprentice enchanter.

 

I knew I was not going to take a production class, I had already decided that, if I ever could get another class slot I would thing about it but not for my main class, at this point and before I could choose I decided to see what class and abilities the class that the goddess has given me had before I made my choice.

 

At this point instead of a message from the system that we could all watch, we just heard the goddess herself.

 

-Hello Carter, Happy birthday, I see you have already started making some changes – The goddess talks and laughs a bit, my mom and my dad suspected that this could happen so they are fine with receiving the words of the goddess, but my second mom and third mom are taking it harder – well time to tell you that the class I decided to give you with the title is Sage of Renaissance.

 

- About the abilities you will have 2 of them, the first you will be able to choose your skill level, you can adjust the skill level of any of your skills to any level lower than your maximum, and the second ability is a passive, the multiplier of your class will apply to all your attributes.

 

- Any advice on what class should I pick? – I ask the goddess

 

-Carter do not overly worry about this, do what you want.

 

With this the voice vanish and we stay there, I look at my family.

 

- I want to pick beginner swordsman. – I say towards my family, my second mom and third mom are still stunned after the talk, but my first mom and my dad are thinking.

 

- Why son? We know that production classes have a bonus of 3 times your stats and with your second ability you will have 3 times everything, so why beginner swordsman? And what is a novice mage? – ask my mother.

 

- I’m investigating something and a physical class will help me greatly on my investigation and it’s not like I cannot change my class later if it is needed. – I answer my mother.

 

- Oh son, how much I wish that you would just pick up apprentice Blacksmith and just enjoy the benefits, but if the goddess is willing to trust in your choice, I will also trust it – says my dad sighting.

 

So I decided on my class Beginner Swordsman.

 

We finally come out of the awakening room and we tell the priest that everything is fine, and that yes there was a revelation, the priest beams in happiness and he goes towards the main area of the church to pray, in the meanwhile we decided that is time to go back home so we all fit on the carriage and now we are on our way back to the household, where a party to celebrate my class awaits, most of it just family but the king  has promised that he will come and well he is already here having arrived just 2 days ago.

 

He came with his older daughter, she is way younger than me being only 5, but she has the same hair as his father, red hair that looks like it is on fire, the king only has 2 daughters the oldest Melissa, and the youngest Beatrice who is only 2 and she stayed in the royal palace with her mother, the king also has a bunch of boys, 12 of them, do not even ask me their names because I have not paid that much attention.

 

My father and the king keep joking with one another and my moms look at the 2 of them and just laugh at their antics, they are drinking and having a good time, while the entire battalion of kids from our household is around me asking to play a guitar, I decide to humor my siblings and decide that today I’m going to play one of my favorites from my previous life, Gerudo valley, I still remember how to play that one on an acoustic guitar, in the middle of my performance, the flute came on the song, I was not going to disrespect the song so I continued playing, but I was looking around, the eyes of the princess were about to jump from her face, and my father and the king were stunned by what they were seeing, the Image of the goddess Amelia with a flute playing right behind me, and another image of her with Spanish castanets dancing.

 

All my younger sisters just went and started dancing with her, they did not recognize her, they just knew it was fun and one of them pulled the princess to dance with them, while another of my cousins took some of my older sister to dance in the main floor, all of them trying to imitate the Goddess on her dance, I Just continued playing, we extended the song for a while so everybody could dance and enjoy, my mom was taking care of my third mom who had fainted, and I saw my second mom just grabbing big glasses of liquor, I just laugh and decide that whatever the adults want can wait till tomorrow time to continue playing.

2