Chapter 20 Making Training Materials
14 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another one for the writathon, i will go back to writing, is harder than it seems.

 

It took me the rest of the day but finally I was able to activate all the skills at the orange level but it was tiring, now how do I teach this, I had 2 ways of doing this, one with magic the other with art, and I decided to use both, I went to the library and looked for an enchantment to record and replay a scene, I knew I had read about it before, I found it but damn the materials that were necessary to make it were expensive and not only that the amount of replays was small at least if we tried to use it as the main method of teaching, so I think this will be the secondary method, I think the art method will be primary at least for now.

 

I asked Dina to tell our butler about all the canvas and paints I was going to need, also I was going to need 2 of the Magical Recorders, the house started moving, we made copies of my experience with making my swordsmanship training faster and my dad was the first to read it, and he started pushing my brothers more, in the middle of everything and when alexander brough the 2 magical recorders I asked him for 2 more, he told me that he would have to ask my father since this are expensive Items.

 

My father backed me up and say that if we needed more, then we would have more, he told Alexander to buy 10 of those enchantments so that we would not have problems in the future if we needed more, I told my dad that I could make some so that the finances of the house would not suffer, that I was ordering the Items premade because it was faster, I did not want to spend a couple of months practicing the engraving needed to make a successful recording enchantment, but I could do it later, my dad insisted it was not an issue and that he had plans for the other 8 tablets, that yeah if we needed more we could get more or make them but for now to not worry.

 

Oh well he have his own plans and I remember that the king offer us more support, I imagine that my dad can pass the cost to the king if needed, not going to worry, with the first tablet I asked my third mother to come with me, she had light magic and was perfect to use the recording device, we went into the patio and I asked her to record my entire series of exercises with the best amount of resolution that the artifact could hold, I took away all my clothes and was left with shorts, I also pulled the shorts up so that my quadriceps and hamstrings would be visible, I told my third mom how we were going to record, I was going to be at swordsmanship level 100 red level and we were going to record each of the 14 basic skills that formed the swordsmanship from 3 different positions, 1 from the front, 1 from the back and 1 from the side.

 

- Do you have to be almost naked for this? You should put shorts down it look a bit obscene – says my third mom.

 

- Sorry mom I need all the important muscles to be visible for the recording tablet, btw I’m going to call it a camera, it bothers me to say recording tablet.

 

- Just like the heroes – she says while laughing – it is written that whenever they saw the recording tablets they called them cameras, I imagine that is the name of the device that does the same thing in your world right?

 

- Yep exactly, also after we finish recording we will make pictures on the canvases of each move, I will need your help to check each move and see how many pictures we will have to make to give a proper sense of how the movement have to be performed.

 

- And why is that? Should not the recording be enough to teach people. – she says

 

- Mom remember that the recording tablet gets more and more worn out the more you replay the contents that you recorded, after a hundred replays or so the spell sort of brakes down, I know that you because of your specialty with light magic, you can do a lot of things like pause the images so that we can see them in more details and also slow the degradation of the camera and its enchantments, but what happen when we have to teach the entire army? If we want to teach a thousand people and each one of them have to see the recording maybe even see it multiple times, how many cameras are we going to go through? I do not know if we can make enough of them in the entire kingdom, I asked for two cameras because one is for us to experiment and be able to make the pictures in all these canvases for everybody to learn, the second is so that we do a proper education video to show dad and possibly Uncle Dylan.

 

- You are right, the canvases will be far better for the army in general we will also modify the painting to an adult body. – she says.

 

- Yes mom, I’m hoping that at least these 2 recordings are family only, I think dad suspected something and he asked for more Cameras to make whatever we do here with a different person to send to the king. – I tell her.

 

- Yep, most probably. – she says – Let’s start.

 

From that point on while I was not doing my other trainings I was with my third mom making the materials to teach people how to train at the orange level, how each muscle move and how each movement goes, after a month we had finished most of it, and finally I asked my dad to come to the private area we were using.

 

- Hey dad.

 

- Hello Carter, I’m here just like you asked and I’m with my sword, so now tell me what should I do?

 

- Well dad it took me bit to recognize the difference between the levels, it comes mostly that at the red level the divine energy provided by the system helps and compels our muscles in our bodies to move in a certain way and with certain strength, that way the skills activates and only some energy is left that goes into the sword to make the attack, when you reach the orange level, the energy that goes into the body is reduced, and it does not compel your muscles anymore, you have to do the movement yourself with very little help from the system, there is still some help, I have seen and felt it, I imagine that later levels will have an ever lower degree of help than now, but a good amount of energy instead of going to our body instead goes to the sword, so if the basic attack and defense skills are activated at the orange level the amount of divine energy on our sword is 3 to 4 times more than what it was before.

 

My dad looks at me paying attention and as soon as I finish, he thinks of something.

 

- 3 to 4 times more energy in the sword? You remember what I told you about orcs? 3 to 4 people were needed at the same time to hurt them, maybe… – my dad is thinking and drawing his own conclusions – Ok show me how do I do this.

 

I showed my dad the movements and told him how I had reduced my level to Red 100 so that we could record the moves while the system helped us, and then we made the Pictures on the canvases and how those were going to be a way to teach the troops, but I also showed him our second recording tablet, in this tablet he could see the entire motion while I his son was doing it, he could see the muscles and the effort, he saw how I did every skill in Red 100 and in Orange level 2, he congratulate me on my level up for my swordsmanship, I also told him how we had used the first recording tablet and well how that tablet was scrap by now, since we had used it to make all the canvases, my third mom was there smiling at my dad.

 

At that point I saw my dad just go into a frenzy, he saw the recordings of each move and did them himself and in less than an hour he was able to activate all the skills at the orange level not only that I saw how he was pushing himself even further, and suddenly after 2 hours he stopped.

 

- Son, I think I did my own discovery about the system – he says and starts laughing.

 

- Lets save that recording Tablet for other people in the family, your uncle Dylan will need it once he levels up. Now my discovery, one thing I have not told you is that I also have the Class Beginner Swordsman, but after all my years in the army and killing so many demons my class was at the max level, again level 100, right now after I started training my swordsmanship went from level 7 to level 40 just in this 2 hours – I look at him with my mouth open, 33 levels in 2 hours? – Son I never stopped my swordsmanship training I always tried to do what I could with what I have, I was not successful because I did not remember the moves correctly, you can go down in levels to compare and see if you are making a mistake, I could not, I also got depressed the first time I got the level up, remember I thought it was the demonic bite, I forgot some fundamental parts of those moves, so now that I can solve those flaws I had, and with all the training I have been doing for the last 12 years since I got the level up, it does not surprise me that I’m leveling up so fast.

 

- Now my discovery the system is telling me that with my job complete and with the skills I have I qualify for the next level of my job, Novice Swordsman, what do you think? – asks my dad.

 

- Wow remember that when I was going to choose a class, one of the ones they offer was Novice mage? – I say and then continues - do you think this could be tied to the skills and what level we had them, I think almost all of my skills were at level orange when I went to the church.

 

- Yes son but at least one thing is for sure, we can now try and see what is needed for certain classes when you level up since you can reduce your skill levels in the future we will be able to know at what point novice swordsman unlocks – says my father

 

After a couple of minutes where I think my father is picking his new class, he goes still.

 

- Carter, 2 things, if you complete your class you get 10% of your current stats as a bonus, second a novice level class has a multiplier of 2 to the favored stats.

 

- Really so maybe Red level skills are beginner Skills and Orange level skills are Novice, that would mean Yellow level would be Apprentice level skills right, most production skills start at yellow and the class they give you is apprentice isn’t it? – I say and ask.

 

- You appear to be correct on that – says my third mom getting close to us and looking at my dad with a smile – how do you feel?

 

- I feel Amazing, I have so much more to practice and learn, I will be going back to the battlefield, oh this feels amazing – my dad says, and I think he is a bit high on dopamine right now.

 

- Dad please wait for a while before you go back into the field, second if your multiplier now is 2 times your stats, you will have to get used to your new stats right? On another subject even thought we have discovered a lot we should still get either a goblin king or an orc just to verify the effects of our Novice level skill – I say this trying for the first time the new classification – I also do not feel comfortable torturing it so the test will be simple dad, I will try a beginner level strike and a novice level strike, depending on what level I have at the time I may try with different levels but I won’t torture him it will be simple, fast and as clean as I can make it.

 

- Son that makes me proud of you its fine to try and get some more info but do not become a monster just for the info, as you just saw we can get information in other ways – says my dad.

 

- Also dad with our own orange level, I mean Novice level skills already found, and having a training program for them we should start recruiting the troop I told you, I want to do something and test some more and the more people we have the better. – I say towards my dad. – I do not know if you will be able but if you find people with their first class complete and level 100 beginner skill those would be perfect, if not at least get them with beginner level 100 or with novice level already unlocked.

 

- Yes son, I see where you are going, I will start doing this, I also have to talk with both of your uncles for now we will start looking for people in the fort, I will also prepare a document that will be sealed for his majesty and send him the info, I will make my own recording with some soldier at the the beginner level 100 and then I will show the skills at the novice level, just like what you did just 2 different people.

 

- Hell no Lucien you are not doing that, the king will have to wait until some other soldier gets to the appropriate level for you to record him, but you are not making that recording, those recording are almost naked and I’m not in agreement with others looking at you like that, UNDERSTOOD DEAR HUSBAND. - says my third mother with a ferocity that makes me take a step back and I see my dad flinch.

 

- Ok Sophie.

 

- Just to make sure, I will be the one in charge of making the video for his majesty, I worked with our little one here enough that I know exactly what we need. – she says and I see my dad deflate a bit – And I’m making sure you don’t do it behind my back so I will be telling this to Kath and Selene.

 

I will keep my mouth shut, I think to myself.

2