C7 – Archipelago (2)
10 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Like most everything in the Abyss, the water was merely a replication of what the Abyss had once consumed. The colour of light blue in the pastel waves directly clashed with the green and black within the waters, as if fighting for dominance. The non-stationary objects were of much greater interest in comparison; for example, the clock in the sky, or the lone figure of King standing in the middle of a large platform surrounded by a sea of stone pillars.

‘Hey, ready for a fight?’ King flashed his smile at Sariel. ‘I can’t be certain what enemy we’re bound to face here, but I’m certain nothing can stand between me and my beautiful gauntlets!’ King laughed loudly once again before summoning his Omni to admire them. ‘I have an Aspect that stacks a poison-like effect every time I hit an enemy. That’s why these babies are perfect! I can land as many quick blows as I want to stack as much poison as I possibly can!’

Sariel thought for a moment, then showed a face full of confusion. ‘Why don’t you use a machine gun, or a rifle, then? They’d shoot way more bullets at once…’

King’s face crumpled. ‘Ranged weapons are cowardly and unsportsmanlike! If you use them, that’s fine by me, but I refuse to touch them!’ He lifted his fist, catching a glint of the faux moonlight on his gauntlet. Sariel simply blinked in response.

The clock shattered in the sky, breaking into pieces that slowly fell into the pastel ocean below. It was showtime.

Sariel and King stood back to back in the centre of the massive arena, surrounded by towering stone pillars and the vast sea below them. A giant portal filled with black wisps ripped into the sky above them, sending them sprinting into the safety of the pillars around them. The membrane-like surface of the portal cleaved through to reveal a very tall, elegant demon with the visage of a loyal butler. His closed eyes and simple posture lent to his image of a civilian. Directly contrary to the page given by the System immediately after.

Inquisitor Hexaroth Statistics Demonspawn
Transcendence 17 100.00% Current HP (%)
Maximum HP 1.52E+04 21.185 Total ATK
Total Resistance 35.1 0 Fury
The pastel puppet believes himself to be real. The Abyss likes to toy with even its own creations in this manner.

But the portal wasn't done yet. It was dragged across the sky, as if being controlled by something, and was enlarged to cover the entire sky. Demonic monkey-like creatures were expelled from the portal, raining down in a moderate number throughout the arena. The unlucky ones fell straight into the abyssal ocean below them, but some managed to grasp at the edges of the platforms and emerge.

Climber Statistics Demonspawn
Transcendence 12 100.00% Current HP (%)
Maximum HP 1.93E+03 9.492 Total ATK
Total Resistance 28.6 0 Fury
The Climber only has one purpose. What is that purpose? Forever a mystery.

Sariel remained calm and collected, his mind working quickly to assess the situation, but internally quickly went into panic. Transcendence 17 was significantly above the average of his five and King’s fifteen. An irregular dungeon? No matter; don’t get hit, and you won’t die.

Sariel had succeeded as a businessman, but what business exactly he participated in was never revealed to any acquaintances he ever made. The truth was that he was a highly skilled warrior, trained in a multitude of weapons and martial arts. He knew that in order to defeat their enemies and satisfy his clients, he needed to use his knowledge and quick reflexes to outmanoeuvre them. Today was no exception.

King had none of this mental conflict, nor any of the monologuing. Instead, he was brimming with confidence and energy. He wore his signature gauntlets and spoke loudly, taunting their opponents with every step. His arrogant and boisterous attitude only served to aggravate the Inquisitor Hexaroth. 'What, are they sending abstract shapes to fight us now? Get a load of this, Flower!' Hexaroth's eyes suddenly flew open, revealing black threads spiralling endlessly in cycles.

'I have seen you, now. The Lord Abyss will not falter to the likes of you.'

As the monkeys began to climb the stone pillars, Sariel formed a hand cannon with his Omni and King charged forward, slamming his gauntlets into Hexaroth's side. The demon let out a roar of anger and swung his arm, which was accompanied by a swarm of the Abyssal, black threads surrounding it, at King, who dodged out of the way just in time.

Sariel moved quickly, leaping from pillar to pillar with ease and firing massive bullets through his hand cannon at the monkeys below. His aim was true, and he knocked down several of the crazed creatures before they could even get close. Naturally, if you couldn't kill the enemy in one shot, why wouldn't you sink it into the water instead?

Hexaroth was growing more and more frustrated by the second. He had expected his opponents to be easily defeated, but Sariel's quick thinking and King's overconfident attitude had caught him off guard. He waved his arm once again, sending a wave of black threads at Sariel, who ducked out of the way with ease. King charged forward once again, his gauntlets sparking as they connected with Hexaroth's tough hide. The demon let out a scream of pain and fury, swinging his arms wildly in an attempt to strike back.

Sariel continued to fire his hand cannon, taking out more of the monkeys as they climbed higher and higher up the pillars. He could feel the wind whipping past him, the faux sea below beckoning with its deadly embrace. But he didn't falter - he knew that one misstep could mean the end for both him and King.

King was holding his own against Hexaroth, his powerful punches and kicks causing the demon to stumble and falter. But he knew that he couldn't defeat the Inquisitor alone - he looked back at Sariel with a meaningful glance, which told Sariel all he needed to know.

Sariel quickly made his way back to the centre of the arena. He could see the exhaustion etched on King's face, the sweat beading on his brow. "King, look out!" Sariel yelled, as a group of monkeys leaped at him from behind. King spun around, his gauntlets flashing as he struck the monkeys down one by one. Sariel sent another iron sphere flying, knocking back Hexaroth, who attempted to strike King whilst his back was turned.

As the last of the monkeys fell, Hexaroth let out a final roar of fury and charged forward. But Sariel was ready for him. He dodged the demon's attacks with ease, summoning back his omni swords, which flashed in the light as he struck back. King joined the fray once again, his gauntlets landing powerful blows on Hexaroth's body; however the beast merely shrugged off the blow and swiped at King with his massive claws.

But there was no mistake; the demon was weakening, and they could see the frustration etched on his face.

The Inquisitor took a deep breath and formed a steady stance, gathering black threads within his hands. Sariel saw the attack coming and leapt into action, firing his guns at Hexaroth's eyes. The beast roared in pain, stumbling backwards as Sariel landed gracefully on a nearby pillar.

King took advantage of the distraction and charged forward, his gauntlets glowing with a fierce energy. He landed a series of devastating blows on Hexaroth's stomach, sending the beast reeling. Hexaroth raised his hand and blasted King with a torrent of black threads, sending him ragdolling through the middle of the arena.

King quickly swapped out his omni to a massive claymore, slamming it in front of him to prevent him getting launched into the promise of instant death below. Sariel narrowed his eyes, his swords flashing in the faux moonlight as he sliced into Hexaroth's thick hide when the beast attempted to chase after King with a brutal bloodlust. The beast roared in pain, stumbling towards the edge of the arena.

Hexaroth leapt into the air for one last desperate strike against King. He saw the leap, and grinned wildly. He rolled sideways before leaping into the air along with Sariel. With one final push, Sariel and King delivered a simultaneous strike that sent Hexaroth hurtling through the air and over the edge of the platform and into the sea below.

Sariel Transcendence 6 -> 7
Sariel Transcendence 7 -> 8

The unintelligible final words of Hexaroth were drowned by the black tendrils of the sea reclaiming him into the endless Abyss below. As if in pity, the tendrils chucked back four shiny orbs as well as two bright, yellow Aspect Gems next to the panting duo.

'Sariel, what the hell was that!' King coughed out between breaths. 'How did we survive that?' Sariel let out a wild grin; something he hadn't done in such a long time. 'Well, you know my motto.' King raised a questioning gaze.

'Don't get hit, and you won't die. Now, let's check out these beautiful Aspect Gems...'

1