Idiots Buffet
21 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Idiots Buffet

“You know he is not into you, right?”

Rosanna was looking at me as if I had cheated on him. I am responsible for all this.

“You know how much I liked Shane!”

Shane Miller.

I always wanted Rosanna to have a better partner. I always wanted her to be happy. She has been in so many nasty relationships before. Seeing her crying after each breakup makes my heart sink.

I wanted to help her. Badly. But I think my efforts are never enough. I can be her best friend, not her boyfriend! 

I did everything I could. I took her on dates so that will make her feel better. I tried to take her out whenever I could. We went on movie dates together. It was all fun until I leave her at her place. She was back in depressive mode. She gets charged up seeing me at her gates and then when I drop her at her place, my all efforts come back to zero.

I work full-time and don’t have a pleasant job at all. I work as a web developer and as we all know, being an engineer like any other boring job is tough! Clients won’t listen! Then the boss won’t listen! Everyone wants the thing to be done their way and you are in the middle, explaining to both sides that whatever they are thinking is beyond my control!

Only home was a place where I could be at peace. It's a nice feeling to come back home and realize that there is no one around to shout or scream. Just you.

Yesterday my boss announced that his wife’s cousin has died. He will be in Indonesia for the next whole week.

My boss kept looking at me while announcing. He thought I would burst into joy in his absence which was the truth. I just maintained my normal expression, trying not to even hint at anything other than grief. My colleague and the most famous drama queen Brix tried to console him but as far as I know, my boss is not very close to his wife’s family. He is happiest when his wife goes to Indonesia to visit her family.

So with such good news, I wasn't able to stop myself!

I am not a grocery person. I go to the store only when there is not even a single piece of veggies in my fridge. I refilled my kitchen with new stocks. I bought a Netflix subscription for the whole month.

I bought some packed food for myself. No work. Nothing.

But the moment I reached my floor, I saw my friend Rosanna sitting in front of my door, crying.

My ice cream has already melted and I don't think I will ever be able to taste Bakba as now we will be having our friends lining up at my house to shower a condolence message to her.

I know my boss must have cursed me before leaving. And I curse him that his wife will stay with him forever!

I took out a deep breath and sat on the sofa. I looked at Rosanna. I slightedly tapped on her lap and smiled, “Tell me from the start what happened.”

I nodded and sometimes shook my head as I listened to her. She did get some signals but like every girl being in her dreamland, we often ignore those warning signs. 

Rosanna is just like a squirrel, always needing to be saved.

I heard her whole story till midnight. It was a little dramatic.

We are in love. We fall out of love.

But one thing is sure, life is not gonna wait for anyone!

0