Chapter 6 Awakening to the World of Mages
73 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Awakening to the World of Mages

As I remembered my parents tattoos, it dawned on me that my dad seemed to be a strength-type mage, while my mom's wrist tattoo suggested she was a Ice-type mage.

According to my readings, the power levels in this world are divided into two categories - mortal and rare. The mortal category is represented by the color black and is further divided into three levels - Dark Black, Black, and Light Black. The rare category, on the other hand, is represented by the color grey and is divided into Dark Grey, Grey, and Light Grey.

Based on my understanding, the limit of mortals is 9, and my brainpower happens to be 9. This means that my Brain Power is already at the Light Black stage or peak Mortal Rank.

Another intriguing aspect of this world is the grading system of the Marks that form on one's body when awakening, which represent their potential. For example mages with fire affinity, the tattoos on their wrists take the form of small flame-like markings. A small flame tattoo indicates the potential to reach Dark Grey, while a large flame ball represents the possibility of reaching Grey Rank. And if there are two flame balls, it shows that the person has the potential to reach Light Grey rank. However, if there is no Mark at all, it means that the person will remain a mortal and never enter the ranks of rare.

Once the Awakening ends the Mark in there wrists disappear and what is left is there current rank which is a Black mark with there element and it represent a person's strength.

Mom has One Big Icicle on her wrists which shows her current strength to be at The Grey rank which is impressive and sort if puts some pressure on me as I cant imagine how hard I will have to work to match up to mom strength and I'm sure Dad is even stronger.

When a person finally breaks through to the rare rank, they are given the privilege of working with magic or having strength that surpasses the limit of mortals. Normally, a Dark Black mark signifies the strength of a commoner, while Black rank signifies a person's ability to become knights who are common and Light Black rank lsignifies a person eligibility to reach the rank of Lords who are prominent in villages. If a person can break through to the Dark Grey stage, they can be promoted to the rank of baron and so forth.

: I couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement as I closed the book on the subject of Mana. I stood up from my seat in the library, eager to turn 8.

I carefully placed the book back on its shelf and stepped outside the library. The number of guards stationed in the hallway was striking, there were at least twice as many as I remembered seeing before.

The vast size of the mansion meant that every corridor was heavily guarded. Knights were stationed in every hall, ensuring the safety of all those within its walls. On average, there were at least ten to twenty knights in each hallway, depending on the Hallways size.

The number of knights in this hallway seemed to surpass the typical number. I approached a young-looking knight standing close to the door. He was covered in metal armour just like everyone else around him with The family Insignia marked on the right breast of his Armour he had brown hair and eyes, and was dressed in full armor. As I approached, he respectfully inclined his head in a bow.

I spoke in a composed manner, my curiosity getting the better of me. "What's your name?" I asked the knight.

"Sir! My name is Alex," he replied, a hint of nervousness in his voice. I smiled, hoping to ease his tension.

"Alex, can you explain why there are so many knights here? It seems like an excessive amount."

"The Master became concerned after noticing you were in the library for a while," Alex explained. "So, for your safety, he ordered more knights to be stationed here."

It seemed like our family was never short on soldiers. The thought crossed my mind, but I quickly pushed it aside.

I acknowledged Alex's explanation with a nod and set off down the hallway, making my way out of the mansion.

(Observer's perspective)

Alex was taken aback as he felt a sharp blow to the back of his head. He turned to see an older knight standing beside him, scowling in disapproval. The knight spoke harshly, scolding Alex for his disrespectful behavior.

"You idiot," the knight barked. "You addressed the young master as 'sir,' which is highly disrespectful. In this world, you must always refer to people by their proper titles or risk severe punishment, including death. You should consider yourself lucky that the young master didn't take offense."

Alex rubbed the back of his head, feeling a mix of embarrassment and pain. He looked around, taking in the smirks and snickering of the soldiers nearby. The older knight beside him looked on with a mix of annoyance and amusement, watching as Alex tried to regain his composure. The soldiers, who had relaxed when James left, now found themselves  laughing as they watched the young knight's embarrassment unfold.

2