Chapter 6: A Bit Of Introspection
234 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The classes kept on going one after another making Tony yawn as he found them all boring. He knew all of the stuff that was being taught because during the holidays he had got before the starting of his grade he had completed it all. This was supposed to be a kind of revision. He was focusing on what the teacher was teaching but since it was all not new to him he couldn't help but feel bored since he was forced to sit in the class he might aswell use this time to do a thorough revision so that he can save his time at home.

He didn't have glasses for anything, it was all the result of his studying till late at night and playing games online on his phone. He wasn't an addict but he used gaming as a way to vent out his frustrations which he incurred during the day from bullying. It was a ritual for him to indulge in gaming when he came back home before doing anything else, be it studying or doing the chores.

However, now that didn't have to be worried about being bullied his mind was in a much calmer state. He could tell this from the way how he didn't feel like gaming yesterday and how pleasant his sleep was. With a ring of the bell, it was finally lunch time and Tony slowly stood up from his table and went to the cafeteria along with the rest of the students.

His physical shape wasn't any special and it was the same for his looks as a result not many people give attention to him. It was only some bastards who were looking for some weaklings to bully and vent out their frustration that used to focus on him. Fortunately for him, he had only seen three of those bastards till now and all three of them were dealt with by him soundly yesterday.

After waiting in line for a few minutes his turn finally came and his plate was soon filled with rice and curry along with a packed muffin as dessert. After getting his lunch, Tony's head started wandering all around looking for a desolate area to eat his lunch. Finally founding one at one of the corners, he proceeded towards it.

There were plenty of seats for everyone so he wasn't disturbed during his meal and after finishing it he went towards the rooftop. There were still thirty minutes more before the break ended. Some students decided to use it on catching up with their friends, while some went to the school playground to pass time. Tony just wanted to relax so he headed upstairs towards the roof.

Seeing the clear blue sky from the rooftop invigorated Tony as it was the first time he came up here with a clear mind. In his previous school, his memory of the rooftop was only of being pinned to the wall and getting punched in the stomach or being kicked in his stomach as he curled his body on the ground and cried for Roland to spare him. As a result, he didn't have a good memory of the roof so he never came up here since he had entered this school.

Thinking about it once again brought back a bit of anger in Tony but he soon calmed down and said to himself "It's alright, don't let them take up space in your head, his life is now more miserable than how yours was and will continue to be for the rest of his life."

Tony then took a deep breath and finally calmed down a bit. He looked around and saw a ladder embedded in the walls and decided to climb it. The sight above was much more clear as it was not blocked by the fence that was around the rooftop. This was a place a bit higher than the rooftop and was used to place the water tank.

There was also enough place to lie down and observe the scenery and that's what he did. After folding his hands behind his neck he rested his head on them and observed the clouds that slowly moved from the gust of the wind in the clear blue sky. It was rare for him to enjoy such time with himself, it had been so long that he didn't even remember when was the last time he did something like this before.

Slowly and steadily Tony started thinking about how his life had been till now. He wasn't fit, he wasn't strong, he wasn't smart, he was a coward, he didn't have the balls to stand up for himself, he wasn't good-looking and he wasn't very tall, he was lazy...

These were the many conclusions that came after he introspected for fifteen minutes. There seemed to be even more but he stopped because he didn't want to feel even more frustrated. His life right now was a total mess up. He couldn't wail about things he couldn't change like his height but he could work on things that he could change if he put in a substantial amount of effort.

He wasn't fit so his first aim was to pass the fitness. He was a fatfuck and he accepted it. He decided to start his exercising in the evening. The pocket watch had helped him remove a major problem in his life and now if he can't improve his life then he would have only himself to blame.

The bell again rang and Tony proceeded to his class. The teacher soon arrived and the class once again started. The class was mathematics and one could see the eyelids of some students slowly closing due to how lethargic their body became after lunch. Tony wasn't sure what he wanted to do after 12th grade but he still had a year to decide so he decided to focus on one thing at a time first. He already had a lot of things that were messed up in his life.

2