Chapter 106
570 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After having fun in the bathroom, I follow Yasaka to the underground room, where I can see a magic circle in the middle of the room.

"Yasaka… What kind of magic circle is this?"

"Communication circle."

"The usual one is not enough?"

I learned some basic magic from Yasaka and among them is communication magic. It is a phone but made of magic. It can call someone and even do video calls. The only downside is that some barrier can block it but it can be fixed using a seal or stronger spell.

"No," Yasaka shakes her head. " Takamagahara has the best space and time barrier around it. It is so strong that it takes a long time for even the strongest Gods in each Pantheon to break. Sadly, the downside is that you cannot communicate with the Gods in a regular way. Either you use prayer or use this magic circle. I usually use prayer, but we are in a hurry, and this magic circle can do that for us."

I nod and see her prepare the magic circle. I can see her rearrange the line and after a few seconds, I can see a beautiful face appear above the magic circle. Amaterasu looks at us, and the two of us kneel in front of her.

"Lady Amaterasu, I am sorry for calling you this early but Nurarihyon managed to get information regarding the Heavenly Ore. He wants to discuss it with you personally and request for you to descend to the mortal world."

Amaterasu nods and says.

"Very well. I shall descend to the mortal world when the sun rises tomorrow."

Yasaka nods and says.

"Very well. I shall prepare for your arrival, my lady."

Amaterasu nods her head and the call ends after that. The two of us get up from the ground and look at each other.

"What should we do now?" I ask Yasaka as the two of us leave the room. "Do you want to do something before the sun goes down?"

"Hm," Yasaka thinks for a second. "Let's pick Kunou and Asia from school first. After that, we can go and walk around the city. I want to eat some fast food. It's been a while since I ate one."

"Sure."

==||==

"And that is the situation, Lady Amaterasu."

Nurarihyon reports our findings to Lady Amaterasu, who looks at the pile of weapons in front of her with a frown. She takes a deep breath and says.

"I see. The Cult of Tamamo no Mae, huh? The cult that worships that trollop."

I know the reason why Lady Amaterasu frowns at that news. According to the history book, Tamamo no Mae thinks of herself as a Goddess that can replace Amaterasu. Through her silver tongue and charm magic, she spread her thoughts throughout Japan.

Her cult started to spread her teaching that Amaterasu was nothing but a minor Goddess who did not deserve to be worshiped. She, on the other hand, deserves to be worshiped because she is among the people, and they can see her beautiful face among the mortals.

Let's just say that this kind of thing is not something that Amaterasu can accept, and she gives an edict to the entire Japan to hunt down Tamamo no Mae. She even gives her blessing to a group of people who hunt her down to empower them.

From those people, the Five Principal Clans were born.

"Lady Amaterasu, there's more."

"Oh?"

Nurarihyon takes out a charm from his clothes and puts them on the ground. Yasaka widens her eyes when she sees that charm. Amaterasu and Susanoo frown when they see that charm.

From their expression, I know that it was not a good thing.

"Where did you get this?"

Amaterasu looks at Nurarihyon right in the eyes. I can see Nurarihyon swallow his saliva and say.

"I got this from one of the corpses inside the underground facility, my lady."

"Is it one of them?" Susanoo says with a growl in his voice. "There have been strange movements from that family lately. We might give them a promise not to interrupt their business after doing our bidding, but this is too much."

Yasaka raises her hand and says,

"I don't think we can accuse them just yet, my lord. We did not have enough evidence just yet."

"There is your evidence! That charm is their signature! I know that pattern! My sister is the one teaching them."

"I agree with Yasaka, Lord Susanoo," Nurarihyon joins the conversation. "They have this charm inside their pocket, but they never use it. I think they want to create more cracks in the relationship between Youkai and the Onmyouji Faction."

Ah, with that context, I find that coincidence suspicious. That can either mean the man Nurarihyon kills and loots is a rogue member of the Five Principle Clans, or they buy the charm through the Black Market.

And I can see Susanoo also finds this suspicious because he calms down and takes a deep breath.

"You are right. We cannot make the relationship between your faction and them worse."

Amaterasu looks at her brother with pride and says,

"However, that doesn't mean that we cannot start an investigation to check if they are joining that cult. Susanoo, can you ask Ryujin to go and give them a visit? He is their patron God, no?"

"One one them, yes. He is the patron god of the Kushihashi Clan."

"Good. Start there, and we will move through clans."

Susanoo nods his head and says.

"I will ask Ryujin to do that. He just returned from China to meet with that old Monkey."

Old Monkey, China? Is it Sun Wukong, I wonder? He did not return from India, so it was not Hanuman. I wonder if there is another legendary monkey that I did not know in Asia.

"Perfect." She then looks at us. "I will leave the investigation here to you three. If there is something you find, don't hesitate to contact me."

The three of us nod.

"Yes, My Lady!"

Thank you for reading! If you want to support me and read more, you can visit my P@treon! You will be charged the day you join, so you do not need to fear the end-of-a-month charge.

28