Chapter 110
1.7k 1 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Begu Ganjang. It was a name that I often heard as a child as my mother told me to go to sleep by scaring me with the existence of this spirit. I always thought it was more of an urban story than a reality.

Of course, that was before I knew that I was reincarnated into this world.

I shake my head and watch on the monitor before us as a group of Dukun arrives at the area.

"Woah! That thing is big!"

I agree with Kunou. It deserves its name. Begu Ganjang means Large Ghost / Spirit, and this thing is easily twelve meters tall. Not only that, its arms are also long and big, with very sharp-looking claws.

"That is a rather old and powerful Begu Ganjang. Whoever summoned that thing must have summoned a powerful one."

"Not creating?"

"No. A newly crafted Begu Ganjang cannot get that big. Not only that, the spirit we are getting is massive. A newly crafted Begu Ganjang cannot get that amount of spiritual energy without sacrificing at least twelve thousand humans. If that happens, the central command will take action and kill whoever is sacrificing before they can create one."

I nod in understanding.

"I see. That is good. How will your group take care of the problem?"

"We will use holy water and runic magic to kill that thing. Or at least banish it because of how powerful that thing is."

"Can't you kill them using a normal way?"

"We can. However, we need to coat our weapons and bodies with spiritual energy. It will cost too much. Hence the holy water and banishment magic."

"What about Senjutsu?"

"What is that?"

I release some of my Senjutsu and see him look at me in interest.

"Yes. It can kill them. It feels like nature and spirit is coming from nature. Attacking them with nature-based energy can kill them."

"That is how we exorcize ghosts and spirits back home, Dad."

I look at Kunou, who nods her head.

"Really?"

"Yes~ I already learned the basics, and Asia will learn them next semester."

"I see."

I wonder if I can learn them as well. I will ask Yasaka later. I shake my head and watch the monitor as the Dukun start to attack the spirit with their weapon. I can hear two of them chanting in the olden Batak Language while the rest of them attack the Begu Ganjang in close combat.

They swing their weapons at the giant spirit and distract the spirit long enough for the others to finish their preparation. I blink a little when I see a shield made of spiritual energy appear to block the attack from Begu Ganjang. The shield has a familiar pattern that usually appears on Ulos in Batak tradition.

The shield is strong enough to absorb most of the energy from the impact but not enough to block it completely as one of the Dukun gets thrown away to the nearby tree, destroying it on impact. I can see the same shield appear behind the dukun, protecting him.

I look at Justus and say.

"That is the same pattern usually on Ulos, right?"

Ulos is a traditional garment that is used in many ceremonies like marriages and funerals.

"That is right. Each island ethnic group in Indonesia has its own sacred pattern. You are looking at one of the few Batak Sacred Patterns. As for the Ulos, what do you know about them?"

"I am ashamed to admit that I did not know anything. I only know that they are used as important garments for traditional ceremonies."

He shakes his head in disappointment and says.

"Younger people did not care about their tradition. Such a shame. Anyway! Ulos is the symbol of protection. It protects you from the cold. It protects you from bad luck. It protects you from harm. It is an important thing that protects us from evil spirits. It is used in marriage ceremonies to say that God and our ancestors protect their marriage so it will last forever. It is used in funerals to say that the departing will be protected from evil spirits so their souls can be delivered to God to be judged."

"I see."

Man. I need to learn more about Batak Tradition and history. I will ask my parents later and learn from them.

I shake my head and continue to look at the monitor. It looks like the preparation is done, and the two Dukun point their hand at the giant spirit in front of them. A few seconds later, twelve golden chains came out of the ground and bound the spirit.

The spirit roars and tries to get out of the chain but cannot break it or even defend against the Dukun, who attack it using their weapon.

"Why did they not banish the spirit? It is a perfect time, right?"

I ask Justus, who shakes his head and says.

"It is still too powerful for the banishment spell. They need to weaken it first and then cast the spell. It is a waste of a spell if we do this now and they know about it."

"And that is why they are attacking the spirit while it cannot move. However, why do they cast the binding spell now instead of later for an easier banishment spell?"

"The banishment spell did not need a lot of time to cast. It only takes a few seconds for it to cast, unlike the chain."

Right.

I return to look at the monitor but raise one of my eyebrows. My senjutsu feels a weird movement in the Natural Energy around it. The others also notice, and they look at the monitor with a frown on their faces.

I am about to say something, but the machine in front of us starts to blare an alarm. One of the people here shouts.

"Sir! The Begu Ganjang starts to absorb the spiritual energy around it! Our prediction is wrong! It is not a three hundred year old spirit! It is at least five hundred years old! It is one of the oldest ones!"

"Shit! Send reinforcements quickly! I shall prepare to tell the central office to prepare to send their best! We need to seal the area! Move!"

Before they can move, I interrupt them and say.

"What about leaving this to us?"

============

AN*

"Hello World" English 

"Hello World" Indonesian 

Thank you for reading! If you want to support me and read more, you can visit my P@treon! You will be charged the day you join, so you do not need to fear the end-of-a-month charge.

29