Chapter 1: Eon
460 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Volume 1: Seventh Child.]

He was a gentle young man who was well-liked by those around him in his previous life. His friends and family adored him for his kind, gentle, and cheerful personality, his teachers admired him for his great intellect at such a young age, and his lover, whom he had loved since they were children.

A young man who loved playing video games and was known to be a very competitive person, he would never stop until he reached his goal. He played every RPG game that came out with one goal in mind: to reach the top and dominate the entire game.

Being the most powerful in games, however, did not translate to real life. Although he was an 18-year-old boy with a bright smile, it faded as he lost a battle for his own life, the fatal disease having defeated him.

As he slowly closed his eyes to die, the last things he saw were his mother, father, and the love of his life crying and begging him to fight... as he had always done. Despite his desire, he couldn't do it, he couldn't bear the pain, and he finally conceded defeat. As his life faded, his consciousness became increasingly hazy and dark.

And at the end, he saw the love of his life, tears streaming down her white cheeks from her bloodshot eyes with massive eye bags, her black hair messy. A devastated expression, in stark contrast to her usual cheerful demeanor. She clutched his hand tightly, as if doing so would ensure that he would never be taken away from her. She kept shaking her head while staring into his closing eyes.

"Fight, Randall, please... don't leave me," she pleaded, her voice cracking.

"Mi...llie." That was his final word before succumbing to defeat.

That was the end of it... At least, that's what he assumed.

***

Complete darkness... As his consciousness rekindled, that was the only thing visible.

All of his memories from his previous life had vanished, leaving no trace of them. What remained was a blank vessel devoid of the emotions he once possessed.

He couldn't move, couldn't talk, and didn't have the body parts to do so. He transformed into a circular light floating in the middle of a dark chasm. He was no longer a human as he once was, and he had forgotten who he was.

***

Inside a dark chasm, where the horizon was surrounded by complete darkness. A place that defied the laws of time, space, and reality, a place that only belonged to one person. A black throne appeared to be made of metallic material in the middle of what appeared to be an endless dark place.

Vaas the conqueror sat on the throne, his head resting on his hand, which rested on the throne's hand rest. A conqueror who had conquered countless worlds and ruled over them all. He had slaughtered countless lives, trampled countless kingdoms, and dethroned and slain gods over thousands of years as he went through every world seeking dominance, and he had never once failed to do so. He won victory after victory, trampling everyone who stood in his way, from the inhabitants to the heroes who protected the world and the gods.

Conqueror, Hero Slayer, and God Butcher were some of the titles he was given. Nothing could get in his way.

However, in the midst of his quest for supremacy, he realized that ruling countless worlds was insufficient if he had no one to enjoy it with. He didn't have any family, and he wanted to start one without tainting his pure bloodline. So the best option was to create his own children from his own blood, creating pure-blooded beings of his race, the race he believed was the strongest of all, and rule all worlds in existence with them.

Vaas raised his head, his back-length black hair swaying in the breeze; he was dressed in a black cape that partially concealed his black long sleeves and black slacks. He appeared to be a humanoid in his late twenties. His temples were adorned with wood-like, black horns pointing upward. It was not, however, his true appearance; he had never had one. The light from the ball of light directly in front of him was touching his white skin. His black eyes darted toward the ball of light, and a gentle smile appeared on his face.

Right beside the throne were the silhouettes of six entities, three on the right and three on the left. Each of them had conquered at least one world by themselves. Due to the darkness, their faces could not be seen, but they were staring directly at the ball of light shining in the middle of the chasm.

A man with a face and body hidden beneath his violet robe, on the other hand, was walking in the opposite direction of the ball of light. As he drew his hood back, he revealed a pair of black obsidian horns in the shape of sheep horns, each horn reflecting the light from the ball of light behind him. He had gray skin with fish-like scales, red eyes full of joy, and yellow teeth as he smiled and approached Vaas. When he was close enough, he knelt before him and faced the ground. Kialtare was one of their forces' highest ranking members, only second to Vaas's children, and he had a lot of trust from Vaas himself.

"My lord, he has arrived," Kialtare exclaimed, his voice full of excitement. "Your seventh child."

Vaas stood up and said, "My masterpiece..." He walked past Kialtare, his gaze fixed on the ball of light floating one meter in the air, bringing light to the area. His every step was filled with glory and overwhelming power that dominated the entire scene. He stood directly in front of the ball of light, a delighted smile on his seemingly gentle face. "My blood... My child."

The ball of light had no reaction and could not show one. It lacked the ability to do so.

Some of Vaas' essence was taken and used to create the essence of his children using magic. Vaas' essence molded entities, but he could only create an empty vessel with that procedure and needed a soul to embody it. The vessel could only be given life by capturing a soul wandering the infinite planes of all existence and placing it inside the vessel. That, according to Vaas, was a good thing because it meant he could pick the perfect personality for his own children. Perfect entities based on his perception of perfection.

"My lord, because he was a former human, he had emotions that could prevent him from being the ideal seventh child you desired. So, as you requested, My Lord, I stripped him of the flaws that would hinder him simply because he was a human, along with his memories of his former life. Every single non-essential emotion has been removed," Kialtare said as he bowed behind Vaas. "Now that all of those unnecessary things have been removed... What remains of his former self is his unwavering determination to become the strongest and dominate the world he inhabits. He is completely devoted to you and his siblings. He's a relentless conqueror, just like you want him to be."

"Very well, Kialtare," Vaas said, nodding, a gentle smile on his face as he gazed at his newborn child.

Kialtare moved forward, his gray scaly hand aimed at the ball of light. "I will now grant him the skill World Conqueror's Perception to aid him as he brings that world under his rule," he said as his right hand lit up in blue light, which turned into a ball and collided with the ball of light in front of him. Kialtare shifted his gaze toward Vaas as the procedure was completed, a huge smile on his face. "Now, My Lord, he can finally understand you," he said as he walked behind Vaas and bowed his head.

Vaas, on the other hand, remained silent for a few seconds, his face filled with delight as he gazed at the ball of light. "An entity that lacks its own form but possesses a plethora of deception and manipulation faces. Has no unnecessary emotions, and his driving force is only the desire to serve me.... my crowning achievement," Vaas said. "My child, I would love to spend time with you, but you must first prove your strength before you can stand beside me with your siblings. I will send you to the world of Giera, and I want you to rule that world... You will face dangers ahead because many will attempt to derail your grand conquest, but... Because you are my child, I know you can do it."

Vaas paused for a moment before smiling softly. "But first, I'll give you a name, a suitable name... You have a personality that is as cold as ice and as ruthless as a raging blizzard. You will chill everyone who opposes you, turn them into statues as a symbol of your impending victory, imprison them in the interminable chamber of time... for all eternity," he said, raising both of his hands. "You will now be known as Eon, the seventh child of Vaas, the world conqueror," he said, putting his hands down and staring at the fixed ball of light in front of him. "I'll be watching and waiting for you until we meet again. When the time comes for you to return, you will stand beside me, and together with your siblings, we will rule over all universes. But first, demonstrate your worth to me... Eon."

As an indication of his departure to the world of Giera, the ball of light named Eon by Vaas began to light up brighter, making the dimly lit place slightly lighter than before. The sudden light revealed the delighted smiles on the lips of the six silhouettes standing beside the throne. With tenderness in their hidden eyes, all six of them bid a temporary farewell to their departing youngest sibling, Eon.

"Eon... The sin of Sloth," Vaas said, watching Eon fade away in the air. "Show that world what our bloodline is capable of; become the most powerful, command an unstoppable army, conquer that world, and most importantly, make me proud... do not fail me, My Child."

The entire area then went dark, indicating that Eon had been transported to the world of Giera, where he would begin his mission. To conquer the world and return home as a worthy child to his father.

His previous life had come to an end, and his new life had begun.

However, not everything that had vanished could not be recovered. Eon's link to his previous life remained intact—severed but still somehow connected.

11