Chapter 13: Soundless Sentinels
91 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Deceitful Shapeshifter: a new form has been acquired. The Small Higante Boar form is now available for use.]

[Deceitful Shapeshifter: The eliminated unit has a skill that can be imitated.]

[Tusks Strike.]

[Attack the target with the user's tusks, which deal 145% (+45% per level) of the user's strength stat.]

He chose not to learn Tusks Strike because he knew Savage Bite would be far more useful to him.

Eon walked forward, his gaze wandering throughout their entire group. Only 45 of the original 60 members remained. The corpses of the fallen lay on the ground, including the level 5 Peasant who led their group.

Furthermore, he did not appear to be the only one who leveled up. 10 of their group's peasants leveled up to level 2, boosting their abilities thanks to the rewards of leveling up.

The peasants began to move and proceeded to pull the corpses of the five Small Higante Boars, ignoring their fallen brethren's corpses as if they were not even there. The army of peasants pulled the muscular bodies of the Small Higante Boar.

Eon, on the other hand, concentrated on his stats and started doing what needed to be done. While tilting his head, his antennae moved slowly. As he interacted with the gray box floating in front of him, his legs rose. Eon's pointed front legs passed through the gray stat board like it was nothing more than wind. It was, however, reacting to his every move. It could be hidden in his intuition's command and summoned whenever he desired.

His gaze darted to the skill sections, and he started pressing in the air.

[Lethal Augmentation has received four skill points.]

[The damage output of Lethal Augmentation has increased from level 1 (145%) to level 5 (325%).]

Because Lethal Augmentation was technically Eon's most leveled skill, Savage Bite had been upgraded alongside it.

[The damage output of [Imitation] Savage Bite has increased from level 1 (145% of strength stats) to level 5 (325%).]

Their group was able to carry their prey back to their lair thanks to the newly leveled-up Peasants. However, as their group approached Death Canyon and was about to enter the crowded path toward the anthill, Eon broke away and took a different path. He stood on top of one of the Death Canyon's walls, his gaze wandering throughout the sky's scenery.

The dark was gradually taking over the orange sky, and a gentle breeze passed through, causing his antennae to move slowly in the air. While his eyes were fixed on the massive crowd in the canyon beneath his feet, Eon slowly closed and opened his mandibles.

Marching around him were groups of peasants on their way to another hunt; as they passed by, Eon kept a close eye on them. Analyzing their levels to determine if they were worth accompanying. The majority of the passing leader peasants were level 1 to 3. Eon chose not to join them and instead waited for another group to pass by. The lower the level of the Peasant leader, the weaker the targets; the higher the level of the Peasant leader, the better.

The dark had finally taken over the atmosphere, and the starry night sky greeted what lay beneath, but this was no reason for Eon to stop; thanks to his Peasant form's night vision, darkness was no longer a problem for him.

Despite working all day, Eon was not tired, thanks to leveling up, which not only replenished his HP and MP but also his natural stamina. He felt as if he had slept all day and only awoken when he leveled up. However, he still needed to eat because nothing, not even leveling up, could replace the necessity of food.

RACE: Peasant [Level: 5/10].

Eon's antennae stood straight the moment he locked his gaze on the marching group in front of him, a group of 41 Peasants led by a level 5 Peasant. Without wasting time, Eon marched toward the group and blended in with them. And, as usual, he blended in without a hitch.

***

Nothing could be seen in the shelter of the dark sky except pure darkness and the complete silence of the surroundings. The massive and thick trees' and tall grasses' leaves swayed in the cold wind, as if dancing in a gentle song that only nature could hear. Then there was a constant rustling, like a parade, but the purpose was only to bring death in their path.

An army of 42 soldiers marched through the darkness, sounding the dried leaves they passed as they went without stopping, led by a level 5 Peasant.

Eon remained by the side of the level 5 Peasant, his gaze wandering through the complete darkness, which was no longer a problem for him thanks to his night vision. It was the first time he had gone out at night.

Nighttime was an excellent time to hunt because most monsters were sleeping, making it easier for Peasants with Sensory Antennae and night vision to track them down. Furthermore, many of the land dwellers were unable to see in the pitch-black surroundings, giving the Peasants a significant advantage.

Eon had seen night lurkers when he was still a ball of crystal, and many of them were worthy of awe... or even fear.

The night was far more dangerous than the day, and even the rulers of the infamous Red Island could fall victim.

The howling of Diviar Wolves could be heard nearby, followed by death cries. When the leader of the group paused and moved its head and antennae around, the entire group came to a halt. The wind shifted from gentle to sinister.

While waiting for something to happen, Eon's gaze wandered behind the group. The Peasants' entire focus was on their leader, waiting for any command. The group's leader moved its antennae in search of any enemies nearby.

The enemies, however, were not in the lands...

A set of rushing talons passed through with such speed from the very end of their massive formation, out of most of the Peasant's awareness. Taking advantage of the blind spots on the tops of the peasants' heads. One swift and silent strike came from above, revealing themselves only after they had a firm grip on their target. And before the targeted Peasant could even react, it was devoured in the sky's darkness.

It happened so fast that almost no one saw it; all the Peasants could do was stare at the spot where one of them used to stand. Eon, on the other hand, saw how white sharp talons grabbed the Peasant and carried it through the air. Eon's antennae rose as he stared at the spot on the ground where talons' marks could be seen.

And what greeted him as he returned his gaze to the group's leader was the image of it being held tightly while disappearing in the dark. He only had to look away for a second, and the strongest member of their group was gone.

There was no sound, and there was no unusual wind... Nothing but silence.

One by one, members of their massive army vanished into the darkness; all they could do was crowd together against the enemies they couldn't see.

The hunt would commence.

Running was out of the question. Their adversaries could see them while flying through the night.

Eon crouched, closing and opening his mandibles in preparation for the impending battle. Eon was aware of the enemies he was about to face; he was familiar with them... He'd seen them before.

One of the monsters whose main purpose was to keep the Peasant evolution line's population in check.

White Assassins of the Kegali Forest

RACE: Lesser Teplonide [Level: 2/10] [Exp. Points: 11/25].

HP: 20/20

MP: 20/20

Top Speed: 4 km/h

Defense: 0

[STATS.]

Strength: 2

Agility: 2

Intelligence: 2

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Lethal Augmentation [MP Cost: 5] [Level: 5/20].

[Imitation] Savage Bite [MP Cost: 10] [Level: 5/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Deceitful Shapeshifter [MP Cost: 1]

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

World Conqueror's Perception.

4