Chapter 21: Apathetic Nuisance
96 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Lethal Augmentation has received two skill points.]

[The damage output of Lethal Augmentation has increased from level 9 (505%) to level 11 (595%).]

[The damage output of [Imitation] Savage Bite has increased from level 9 (505% of strength stats) to level 11 (595%).]

***

It was an eventful day, with a lot going on inside the forest of the infamous Red Island. Everything in the lands was moving quickly and with vigilance; if they did not, they would be killed by the mandibles of the armies of peasants patrolling the area nonstop. Those who had managed to survive inside the island for weeks and grown stronger were being purged left and right by the colony's most powerful peasants. Soon... There was nowhere to go.

Every living being on the ground would be annihilated once all of the colony's level 9 Peasants emerged from the anthill. Hundreds of level 9 Peasants ravaged the entire island, each with hundreds of Peasants at their disposal.

Eon flew at full speed as he passed by a massive army of 300 Peasants led by a level 9 Peasant he discovered while flying around the island. They were easy to find because they were everywhere. The only thing Eon had to think about when deciding which group to follow was whether they were worthy of his time.

Eon waved his wings, his gaze darting ahead to the group of monsters pursued by the army of Peasants. Unlike the other monsters, these were better at escaping and long winding chases. They were also quickly learning how the Peasant hunted their prey. So it was no surprise that even a level 9 Peasant struggled to catch up with them.

RACE: Fawn Camaradeer [Level: 9/10].

HP: 81/90

MP: 78/90

Top Speed: 18 km/h

A party of eight, made up of three level 9 Fawn Camaradeer, four level 8, and one level 6. This group was among the last of their kind on the island. During those weeks of struggle, they fought many battles and narrowly avoided many deaths as a result of non-stop attacks from many armies of peasants. Originally, there were 20 of them in the group that went to this island... They were the only ones who remained.

They adapted by studying the hunting patterns of the peasants, which they learned after fighting armies of them. Their solution was to spread their group out, but close enough to keep an eye on each other, to cover a large area, allowing them to detect the arrival of the Peasants and easily flee the dangers.

And it appeared that they would be able to survive for much longer because the Peasants were having difficulty catching up with them. They were able to elude even the strongest of the peasants... They'd survive, and if they were lucky, they'd be able to leave the island when one of Hell's Gates reopened.

Unfortunately... Eon had already set his sights on them.

As he charged toward the scurrying Fawn Camaradeer, Eon opened his mandibles. He easily caught up to them, soaring through the air at 50 kilometers per hour. He spun in the air and lunged his head while watching the back of his prey.

[Savage Bite has been activated.]

His gripping mandibles reached for his intended target, the weakest of the group, the level 6, Fawn Camaradeer. As Eon gripped the Fawn Camaradeer's neck from behind, it cried out in agony. And before the other seven Fawn Camaradeer could react, he was already surging up into the sky, leaving them unable to assist their ally, whom Eon was carrying up.

[Savage Bite has dealt 29.75 damage.]

The Fawn Camaradeer struggled while being held by Eon's mandibles. It attempted to kick him, but all it could reach was the wind. Its agonizing cry echoed throughout the area as it pleaded for assistance from its allies, who were unable to assist it. Eon rose higher into the sky. After a few moments, Eon lunged down, directly into the center of the running Fawn Camaradeer formation. He used his momentum to propel the level 6 Fawn Camaradeer back to its allies.

Then came the scene of the Fawn Camaradeer group tumbling down the ground as they were tumbled by the body of their own ally. Four of the eight Fawn Camaradeer fell face first to the ground, causing a delay. Their desperation echoed as they attempted to stand. They could still stand up despite their injuries and shock; it would just take a few seconds. However, in this situation, every second of delay was fatal.

While the others waited for their allies, the four stumbled Fawn Camaradeer tried to stand up. They were wise enough to realize that losing their allies meant losing a significant chance of survival on this island. Furthermore, the army of peasants was still far away; they had time as long as nothing stood in their way.

Eon descended from the sky and used his talons to attack the Fawn Camaradeer who was attempting to stand. He growled as he used his tusks to stab one of them, delaying its plan to stand up and continue their escape.

[Basic Attack has dealt 5 damage.]

He would come to attack them and bring them down with his tusks whenever they tried to stand up. When one Fawn Camaradeer cried out for help, the other jumped to the rescue and attempted to fight Eon. Eon, on the other hand, simply flew up where they couldn't reach him with their skill, Low Kick, and attacked another Fawn Camaradeer on the ground.

[Basic Attack has dealt 5 damage.]

Eon was well aware that fighting them head on would result in his untimely death. That was why his strategy was to become a nuisance rather than a direct enemy, simply delaying them while avoiding a direct confrontation with which he had no chance. Eon was taking advantage of their inability to attack him with their Low Kick by being up in the air and using his flying speed to jump on them alternately and control the situation without directly fighting.

When one of the Fawn Camaradeer attempted to stand, Eon charged at it, attempting to stab it with its talon. However, before he could reach the Fawn Camaradeer, a charging head stopped him and forced him to flee.

Eon growled, waved his wings, and took off. The Fawn Camaradeer's legs couldn't reach him with the skill Low Kick, but their heads and still-developing horns could. While valiantly standing beside its allies, the Fawn Camaradeer that attacked Eon stomped to the ground and snorted. The eight Fawn Camaradeer formed a barricade to prepare for the impending battle as the last lying Fawn Camaradeer stood up.

However, not against Eon.

Because of Eon's intervention, the army of Peasants was able to surround the Fawn Camaradeer. Running was no longer an option; the only option was to fight for survival or die trying.

That could only mean one thing... The chase had ended.

Eon flew out of the scene and around in the sky after confirming that his job was finally done. As the vicious Peasants surrounded the group of Fawn Camaradeer, he circled around.

The level 9 Peasant closed and opened its mandibles, signaling the Peasants encircling their prey to begin the assault. The vast army of peasants marched in and charged the herd of Fawn Camaradeer. The herd of Fawn Camaradeer crowded together, standing bravely as they prepared for their enemies' siege.

The battle began with Peasants throwing themselves at their enemies in order to exhaust all of their MP. The level 9 Peasant, on the other hand, waited at a safe distance, ready to finish them off once they ran out of MP. That was, at least, the plan.

[Lethal Augmentation has been activated.]

Eon crept up behind the level 9 Peasant and took its head. And before it could even fight back and kill Eon with a single strike, Eon threw it right in the middle of the Fawn Camaradeer formation.

[Lethal Augmentation has dealt 29.75 damage.]

Then he flew up and landed on the Fawn Camaradeer's backs, making sure he had physical contact with each of them.

[Lethal Augmentation has been activated.]

[Lethal Augmentation has dealt 29.75 damage.]

[You have received 2 experience points.]

Eon's mandibles caught the level 6 Fawn Camaradeer as it fell to the ground. And before the remaining seven Fawn Camaradeer could even attempt to exact revenge on their fallen comrade, Eon flew out into the sky, using his mandibles and tusks to transport the Fawn Camaradeer's body to a safe location.

The seven remaining Fawn Camaradeer were unable to exact vengeance on their ally's murderer, so they concentrated their efforts on the level 9 Peasant who was served to them as a high-class delicacy. The battle continued, with the Fawn Camaradeer using all of their strength to eliminate the level 9 Peasant, while they were being annihilated by their countless enemies. The sound of cries of agonizing Fawn Camaradeer, sounds of flesh being ripped apart by hundreds of mandibles, and blood turning the grassland red.

It was a bloodbath.

Eon was watching it from atop a tree, holding his food for later. It only took a few moments for the cries to fade and be replaced by complete silence. And what remained was a red landscape, a combination of blood and the scattered red knights. The war was over, and the herd of Fawn Camaradeer, which had a good chance of surviving, did not.

The entire Fawn Camaradeer herd died along with the level 9 Peasant, who was supposed to be the one who almost always survived.

This battle turned into a game, and the person who orchestrated it was the true winner.

It was Eon's exploitation game. And he was victorious.

The method was unimportant as long as the desired result was obtained. 

What mattered was the outcome.

[You have received 56 experience points.]

[You have gained a level.]

[You have gained a level.]

[You have increased your Strength stat by two.]

[You have increased your Agility stat by two.]

[You have increased your Intelligence stat by two.]

[You have been awarded four skill points.]

[Your HP and MP have been replenished.]

RACE: Lesser Teplonide [Level: 7/10] [Exp. Points: 19/25].

HP: 70/70

MP: 70/70

Top Speed: 14 km/h

Defense: 0

[STATS.]

Strength: 7

Agility: 7

Intelligence: 7

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Lethal Augmentation [MP Cost: 11] [Level: 11/20].

[Imitation] Savage Bite [MP Cost: 22] [Level: 11/20].

[NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Deceitful Shapeshifter [MP Cost: 1]

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

World Conqueror's Perception.

SKILL POINTS AVAILABLE: 4

4