Chapter 24: Battle Of Monsters
68 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun rose into the sky, its rays of light illuminating the two warring factions. The other was attempting to cross the river to hunt for their food, which could be found on the other side of the raging river, even if it meant trampling everything on that side of the forest. The other side was attempting to maintain the forest's balance by keeping the ferocious Peasant evolution line on their lair, even if it meant the death of many, if not most, of them.

The monstrous Militant, the leader of the red knights, raised its head and closed and opened its mandibles, sending a visual signal throughout the massive army behind it. The army of peasants began to move, carrying tree logs and branches on their heads and rushing blindly toward the river in an attempt to begin building the bridge. Then, hundreds of peasants charged in to support the peasants attempting to build the bridge, their marching sound echoing throughout the area as a sign of the beginning of a new battle for survival.

The war had officially started.

Hundreds of Gerolak Tadpoles from levels 1 to 9 rose to the surface of the river, and as the Peasants attempted to build the wooden bridge, they unleashed barrages of Water Balls, annihilating those who came too close.

Massive balls of water rained down on the army of peasants like a raging storm. Peasants were falling left and right, especially those carrying logs and branches and putting them on the river bank. The glorious sound of the giant frogs' war cries echoed, and the barrage of attacks became more intense and devastating.

However, such a large number was not easy to eliminate. There were thousands of Peasants and only three hundred river dwellers, and no matter how many they killed, more were rushing in and taking the place of the fallen Peasants. Peasant corpses fell and piled up on the ground. Despite the devastating attacks of the Gerolak Tadpoles, the bridge's foundation was successfully erected thanks to the sacrifice of many Peasants.

The Peasants used the plank of the bridge they built and marched forward to build the other parts of the bridge while enduring the devastating attack of the Gerolak Tadpoles. They were attempting to build a dam in order to cross. However, the young wardens revealed themselves the moment the peasants stepped into the wood above the river's water.

The Weakanawas' sharp fangs emerged from the water and chomped the heads of the Peasants, dragging them down to the water where they were powerless, using their skill, Dry Bite. However, as more peasants were annihilated, more of them arrived and carried on what the others had left behind. They carried out their orders even if it meant death, like the mindless killing machines that they were.

The level 12 Gerolak Caster swam forward, its eyes darting to the bridge being built at the river's edge, as if it had lost all patience after seeing that their initial attack was not even slowing down their enemies. Its growl echoed as it opened its mouth and activated Water Chain Strike, a level 6 skill. Gerolak Caster let out a burst of water, which rushed toward the formation of the Peasants.

When the burst of water landed on one of the Peasants' bodies, it caused 84 damage. However, the burst of water did not stop there; it jumped to another Peasant and instantly killed it before jumping to another. It continued to jump around the crowding Peasants, killing several of them. It was a swarm of level 1 to 5 peasants, and as expected, none of them survived the attack.

The Gerolaks were not the only ones who had a mage on their side. The level 11 Vibrant walked forward from the Peasant formation guarding it, opening its mandibles and darting its head to the river. It used its level 4 skill, Fire Blast, to launch a massive blazing fireball into the river. The ball of fire sped up and exploded as soon as it touched the river's water, engulfing everything caught in it in flames. A devastating attack that dealt 60 damage to everyone who was caught.

The already small army of river dwellers was reduced even further in one attack. The agonizing cries of those caught in the path of the massive fireball echoed throughout the area. The majority of them, however, were able to hide underwater, where they were completely safe from the fire attack.

The two mages from opposing sides only launched one of their attacks, but it had devastating results. However, it was insufficient to halt the battle because more participants joined the war while it was taking place. A massive line of peasants marched into the battlefield from the Death Canyon, and gatekeepers from the other parts of the two Hell's Gates began to gather to aid the river dwellers. This already massive war was brewing into something much bigger.

Another barrage of Water Chain Strike from the Gerolak Caster and Fire Blast from the Vibrant rang out in the river, effectively reducing both sides' participants. Despite their rapidly dwindling numbers, the peasants were successfully constructing the bridge's foundation. Soon, they would be able to fill the deep river with logs and stones to construct a dam and use it to move across the river. 

Was this strategy proven to be effective for river crossing, particularly in a deep river like Metisaya Hell's Gate?

They could only speculate and try again and again.

The level 12 Gerolak Crusher jumped from the water and used its level 6 skill, Body Slam, which dealt 84 damage to everything it collided with, effectively crushing the Peasants who were persistently building the bridge. It let out a more powerful roar as it waved its long dark pink tongue at the base of the bridge, striking everything in its path and inflicting 21 damage on those unfortunate enough to be hit. The Gerolaks' champion had risen from the battlefield and smashed everything in its path with its devastating strength.

Many of the peasants attempted to fight back by using their skill, Savage Bite, and attacking the Gerolak Crusher, but none of them were successful. There was no damage done to the Gerolak Crusher by an army of Peasants dangling from its skin. The Gerolak Crusher roared once more and smashed its body into the erected base part of the bridge, killing Peasants both dangling on its skin and caught in its path of attack.

Nothing could stand in the way of the Gerolak Crusher's progress. It was smashing everything while drawing all the attention to itself. That same attention drove the Vibrant's aggression toward it, prompting it to use its skill, Fire Blast. The massive ball of fire raged toward the Gerolak Smasher, which made no attempt to avoid it. It simply closed its eyes and lowered its head, rather than dodging it and endangering its allies behind it. Then there was an explosion, and the Fire Blast's massive range took out both enemies and allies, burning everything in its path.

Or, to be more precise, burning almost everything.

The Gerolak Crusher raised its head and roared loudly after the hellish explosion. That same attack, which could instantly annihilate many of its allies, was just a type of damage that the Gerolak Crusher ignored. That attack only dealt 10 damage to the Gerolak Crusher, and from the perspective of a monster with 210 HP... It was nothing.

The level 11 Vibrant leveled up to level 12 as a result of the attack that killed Peasants but only dented the Gerolak Crusher.

At this precise moment, the only personnel capable of combating the unstoppable Gerolak Crusher chose to enter. The commander of the Peasants, the level 13 Militant, faced the Gerolak Crusher by raising its closing and opening mandibles. The battlefield's two dominant forces had finally met.

The Militant tightened its legs, its entire focus on the Gerolak Crusher, and only the Gerolak Crusher. The Gerolak Crusher roared and waved its body, removing the dangling corpses of the burnt Peasants. They both braced themselves for the impending battle.

For a brief moment, neither of them moved, until the Militant activated its level 8 skill, Violent Charge, and rushed to the Gerolak Crusher while a harsh wind blew across its body. While moving forward, the Militant's entire body was augmented with powerful force, which would be released to cause damage in the first instant of contact.

The Gerolak Crusher, who had no idea what level the Militant it was fighting was, didn't back down and jumped in to collide with it using its skill, Body Slam.

The collision of the two monstrous champions caused chaos and shook the ground around them. It also caused the surrounding peasants to be thrown away as a result of the impact of the two participants' attacks. The Aggressive Charge of Peasant dealt 60 damage to the Gerolak Crusher, while the Body Slam of the Gerolak Crusher dealt 34 damage to the Militant. They only differed by one level, but the difference was significant.

They both remained in their positions despite colliding with each other. Taking a break after launching powerful attacks. When a growl sounded on top of them, both of their attention was drawn. A pair of wings spread, and two gooey eyes stared at the two combatants. Feet with white talons stood on top of the Gerolak Crusher and Militant's heads, where their bodies collided.

Everyone was so focused on killing each other that they didn't notice a certain person flying around... waiting for opportunities like this.

Instead of attacking any weaker Peasants on the ground aimlessly, which proved extremely dangerous, he focused his time and energy on watching and waiting for the strongest of the participants, and it appeared that his patience was rewarded.

Eon carried out his plan before the two behemoths could react.

[Lethal Augmentation has been activated.]

[Lethal Augmentation has dealt 4.25 damage.]

[Lethal Augmentation has dealt 4.25 damage.]

He flew away to escape after completing his task. However, he caused so little damage to the Gerolak Crusher and Militant that neither of them bothered to pursue him. He became more of a nuisance than an enemy or a threat.

The battle went on as if nothing had happened, and the Gerolak Crusher attempted to reposition itself by jumping and waving its powerful tongue. The Militant, on the other hand, caught it with its skill, Savage Bite, gripping it tightly and dealing 170 damage. 

Savage Bite's damage scaled with the unit's strength stats, which would be extremely advantageous for a strength-based unit like Militant. And because the skill was level 20, it would deal devastating damage.

As it faced defeat, the massive champion of the river dwellers collapsed to the ground.

The Militant was the only one who remained standing. Following its victory, the Militant raised its head and closed and opened its mandibles as a swarm of Peasants passed through it.

The battle went on, with the Gerolaks losing their champion. The champion of the Peasant evolution line then advanced with its army.

When all of the main units were finally visible in the background, it was time for the Gerolak Sniper and Rampant to make their move. The two assassins whose sole mission was to eliminate key personnel on their adversary's side. They were hiding in the shadows, but they were about to begin.

***

Eon, on the other hand...

[You have received 10 experience points.]

[You have gained a level.]

[You have increased your Strength stat by one.]

[You have increased your Agility stat by one.]

[You have increased your Intelligence stat by one.]

[You have been awarded two skill points.]

[Your HP and MP have been replenished.]

RACE: Lesser Teplonide [Level: 8/10] [Exp. Points: 4/25].

HP: 80/80

MP: 80/80

Top Speed: 16 km/h

Defense: 0

[STATS.]

Strength: 8

Agility: 8

Intelligence: 8

[DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.]

Lethal Augmentation [MP Cost: 15] [Level: 15/20].

[Imitation] Savage Bite [MP Cost: 30] [Level: 15/20].

NON-DAMAGING ACTIVE SKILLS.

Deceitful Shapeshifter [MP Cost: 1]

[PASSIVE SKILLS.]

World Conqueror's Perception.

SKILL POINTS AVAILABLE: 2

4