Chapter 7
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I continue on cutting at the tree every stroke lessening the energy in my body whether it's the blood leaking from my body or the energy itself being exerted with my strokes I can't really tell but the power is definitely dropping. The strike cuts into the tree and at this rate with the diminshing returns it'll probably actually take 3 times as long so 27 swings rather than 9 which is 9 full rotations. I continue on swinging at the tree for the full rotations.

---

One side of the tree has an indent of 20 cm on one side and the indent on the other side is probably about 10 cm's the tree should collapse towards the side that has the deeper cut even if I cut into the other side a bit more and then apply some pressure to it to collapse the tree down. I mean at least that's how I hope this goes. 2 of the pixies seem to be hovering around me. They are definitely smaller than that first one that talked to me and definitely smaller than the leader that showed up.

"Why are you two still flitting around here?" The two pixies flap around me as if they were excited about something. \

"So how on Dinutolmitus are you going to carry it back to the castle I mean come on you can't think you can do so especially since you got weaker again. I mean come on." They seem to alternate the words they speak whilst two voices seem to come out. Are they actually just really good at vocal projection or do they have two voices each. Actually nevermind who cares.

"Well help me get it when I ask please. I just need to make a few more cuts into the side with a smaller indent first. Then I'll see about finding away to either cut it smaller so I can carry it with a saw or if I have to cut it with the axe."

"Oh that's so boring! But I guess we can play along and help you push this thing down."

About 3 cm's is what I need to cut and then we can try pushing it. I walk over to the other side and getting into woodcutting stance again.

This tree is going down! I begin the cutting of the tree again. The blood dripping down my body as I go.

---

After about 10 more minutes of swinging at the tree I stop and wipe the beads of sweat off of my forehead. Good lord I feel weak probably all the blood loss and the sweat from cutting this blasted thing. I'm definitely going to need a break. "Lets try and push it over now you two."

"Yes Lord Rosen." The two pixies chime and then begin to fly up towards the peak of the tree. Yeah they were definitely speak together before. As the fae are flying up I put my hands into the gap and begin to push up towards the top of the tree. I don't know what this will do but I think this is for the best. I mean I've never cut a tree down before only chopped up logs for firewood.

I can feel the tree slowly begin to bend as I push onto it. I truly hope that's the pixies and not the wind or something like that.

As I continue pushing the tree stops flexing I guess it's not going to give anymore than this? I continue pushing for a good 3 more minutes but nothing seems to happen then the tree flexes back towards me as if the force being applied to it has lessened. I guess the two pixies are coming down from the tree?

"Well that didn't do much of anything guess your calculations were wrong."

"Yes they were but it was just a test of how much needs to be cut. Well guess I can try to remove another centimetre of width from the tree leaving it as a 1 centimetre part. I hope we'll be able to put enough power into the tree to break that."

I get to cutting before listening to the input of the 2 pixies I mean what are they going to say I know none of the pixies have experience cutting down trees or anything so what input can they really make for this sort of stuff.

I swing at the tree again my swings are definitely cutting into the tree less than when I started this originally now and I'm so tired from doing this over and over. I wish I could just stop but I can't I have to finish this up and get back to the castle after.

After another 5 minutes of swinging I get the thing down to about 1cm I mean the last few swings were way lighter than they probably should have been but I really didn't want it breaking from my swing. Anway the tree should definitely not fall without a push. "Okay I think we are ready to push it again you two so lets get to it."

I push the tree up and out away from me whilst keping my distance away from it. The two pixies disappear up into the foliage I can feel the tree beding further than it had been before it's definitely going to come down off of this I can feel it. "CREAK." That is defiunitely the tree giving way under it I push the tree harder stepping into it a little more a second cracking sound goes off and I feel the tree start to give way under my hand. As it goes the spike on the stump goes up into my arm and creates a large cut in it.

"BLASTED thing." Now I have three blasted cuts and this one is my own god damned fault. Ahh well. Not much I can do about this now. Best just get back to the blasted castle, I can maybe use the blasted wolf fur or something as a bandage to cover up these blasted bloody injuries.

"Eh he he he. What's all this about." A fey comes from the direction of the castle which blasted one is this it's not the leader so I really don't care all that much."

"A fething person with a fething injury? What else does it look like?"

"Uhh yeah I guess that's what it looks like isn't it."

"Yes, so what exactly are you doing here? Were you coming to help bring the tree down or something else?"

"No I was just in the area I wasn't coming to help with anything at all Eh he he."

"Oh okay. Then see you later than."

"Who's that Lord?" The two other pixies come flying down from the upper levels of the forest. There speech doubling up on each other is so blasted annoying. Wait a second why don't they know who this pixie is... could it be they aren't one of the pixies that I pulled and that there are just pixies naturally around here?

0