Chapter 119
1.8k 10 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I take a few deep breaths, remembering the pain I felt when I was burned by the mutant boss on floor 16.

I’ve inflicted a similar wound on the Labyrinth’s Guardian. To my knowledge, it doesn’t have any way of healing.

It never would have allowed itself to be hit by my attack, but threw itself in harm’s way to protect that egg-shaped orb.

“Hmmm.”

While twirling a dagger around in my left hand I tighten my lips and rack my brain for an answer.

"…”

“I have no idea…”

It’s a puzzling situation. I guess I’ll just have to defeat this monster and find out on my own. In the meantime, it’ll be a very valuable resource in my battle. If that red rock is something the Greater Demon is willing to sacrifice itself to protect, then I’ll take full advantage of its weakness.

My foot begins to tap against the hard rock below me. It’s been about 30 seconds, but I need to wait longer to make sure its right arm is fully incapacitated.

If I couldn’t put out the fire from a skill I own myself, there’s no way it’ll be able to easily snuff those same flames. These are my hopes at least…

Griffins continue to fly by as my foot tapping becomes faster and louder until I can’t take it anymore.

“It’s time.”

I inhale deeply, preparing myself for the battle ahead. It’s time to stay cool and calculated, no wrong moves can be made here.

I activate Dungeon Walker and scout out a good place to teleport in. The Greater Demon is still atop that long stone slab, protecting the red orb.

A smirk of satisfaction creeps onto my face as I take in the sight of its mangled right arm. The demon now holds its long sword in its left hand while its right upper limb hangs from the shoulder joint with claw marks all over its flesh.

Blood drips to the floor next to large chunks of still-burning demon flesh. The monster’s white eyes are sharp and its breathing is heavy. It cut off all of the burning sections of its own body.

I’ve really pissed it off…

While finding the perfect positioning, putting the Demon between its precious rock and myself, I reappear while releasing an attack at full power without a second of hesitation.

The dark crescent of advanced fire magic rockets toward the Greater Demon, but it seems to be a bit more prepared this time around.

Instantly, as my fire approaches, the monster grabs its ruby-colored egg, and Dungeon Walks away. Over 100m away… The Labyrinth’s Guardian is running from me now?

“Haha! You-“

My premature excitement vanishes in an instant as the deep voice of the Greater Demon rings out in my head.

“I will make you pay. For even thinking of attacking the true labyrinth’s ruler, YOU SHALL PAY!”

The hard stone floor begins to rumble again as I see rock flying through the air and the monster rocketing toward me. It is a terrifying sight, but I can’t help but be a little amused by its dangling right arm.

I dart off to its unguarded side, making things as difficult as possible for the demon.

It swerves mid-charge, and I process all the moving parts in front of me to make a logical decision.

“Dungeon Walker.”

I teleport out of its way. Again, there’s no point in facing this menace face to face.

I materialize 50m away on the other side of the dungeon. A black spinning portal appears by my side, but I teleport away again before any part of the monster can come out of it.

Over and over, we play a game of cat and mouse. I continuously charge my sword with fire and blip all over the boss room trying to position myself for another clear shot.

Even with an inferior skill, the Greater Demon follows me close behind with scary precision. There’s a fraction of a second of lag time between its portal and my instant transmissions. I use this to my full advantage.

I won’t be able to hit it straight on because its base speed and agility are too quick. I’ll just have to force its hand, yet again.

My teleportations become more frequent, and seemingly random as I move quickly back and forth to opposite sides of the dungeon. I keep my eyes locked on the shiny red egg-shaped orb while the Demon makes sure to always stay between me and its object.

The ground shakes and the mana in the air gets denser and denser as the two of us nearly phase out of existence teleporting around the room at rapid speeds. I hear the monster’s deep voice penetrate my mind mid-blip.

“You cannot run forever child.”

I snarl while teleporting far from the creature again as it emerges from a portal nearby with anger-filled eyes.

It’s right. I’ll have to change things up… I grit my teeth and layer myself with body-hardening crystals while teleporting straight into the danger zone. I aim directly above the ruby-colored egg, igniting myself into a ball of fire.

The moment I see the shiny object beneath my feet, I feel a sharp sword pierce my body hardening right through my torso. Black crystals fracture into the air as I’m face to face with the terrifying monster. It lets go of its sword and forces its palm to my chest.

I fly backward from a blast of unknown energy while losing over 1000 HP within seconds.

“DEMON’S CURSE.”

Its familiar voice rings in my head again as the air gets ejected from my lungs.

I cough up blood and almost get knocked out cold, but a smirk creeps over my face as I watch dark red flames sink into the Greater Demon’s left hand.

The first “tick” from the Demon’s Curse hits me as I teleport back to my safe space up in the mountains on the 11th floor.

I cough out more blood while drinking two HP potions and plundering MP from a few mana crystals. Grinning ear to ear, wiping blood from my mouth, I plan out my next moves as the curse slowly wears off.

Once at full health, I portal back inside to see a sorry sight…

The monster’s left arm is still covered in dark red flames. The fire has slowly risen up to its shoulder.

The Greater Demon is attempting to force them out against the flat stone at the backside of the room, but all of its efforts are in vain.

“These flames of yours, and this ability to teleport, a human could never possess this power.”

I stare at the creature cautiously gripping my weapons tight. Its white eyes are filled with fear and confused horror as it continues to put its body between me and the red object behind it.

The dark crackling flames seeping into the demon’s left shoulder start to creep down its back. The demon grits its jagged teeth as the ground shakes all around us.

Stones float into the air as another meaningless game of tag begins.

I blip back and forth around the room watching the slow-burning flames engulf the desperate creature as it swings at me aimlessly.

A little over a minute later, the Greater Demon’s entire body is completely ablaze.

Rocks are flying in the air as the monster has a full meltdown destroying its lair.

“IF ONLY…. IF ONLY I HAD MORE TIME! Is this truly my fate…?”

Every moment I blip back into existence to check on its sorry state, the beast glares at me while letting out hideous sounds.

I almost feel sorry for the monster.

It flails and cries out in pain, completely destroying its once noble warrior facade. The once fearless towering demon is reduced to a sulking child.

My heart pounds in my chest faster and faster as its movements slow and my victory draws closer. I’m about to defeat a Labyrinth boss 100 levels higher than my own…

The monster stops using Dungeon Walker and falls to its knees as the flesh starts melting from its body. I stop teleporting as well, watching in a mix of awe and horror.

Its voice rings out in my head again, this time in a softer tone.

“You’ve beaten me. A human boy has beaten me.”

It turns to glance at the red egg-shaped object, then back to me.

“It seems he will be in your hands now. This labyrinth was never fully born, but maybe there was a reason for all of this.”

The fire crackles as the monster’s chest and face begin to fall apart exposing white bone.

It falls forward to hit the hard stone floor with a loud thud.

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Level Up]

[Use Absorption[Special Grade]]

Skill: Telepathy [Legendary Grade]

[YES][NO]

[Use Absorption[Special Grade]]

Stat: Agility

Amount: +65

[YES][NO]

My heart still pounds in my chest as I choose yes to both absorption options.

Flames crackle on the dungeon floor as I slowly walk over to the burning mutilated corpse. With a gulp, my stat-boosting skills slowly deactivate.

Breathing heavily, I tip-toe around the monster’s body over to the precious ruby egg it sacrificed its life to protect. Well… tried to protect at least.

The closer I get, the more questions I have.

*Clink* *Clink*

I tap it with my sword two times. The sound of metal on metal rings out in the empty boss room.

It’s even more egg-shaped than I realized before… The outer coating has a smooth texture, while the coloring is a deep crimson hue.

“So… odd…”

I hold my breath and open my item storage. With the tip of my blade, I roll the meter-tall egg-shaped ruby into my inventory. It disappears from sight, and I exhale with relief.

Another clanging sound comes from behind me. I turn around in full battle mode, activating my skills, but soon realize it’s a false alarm.

The oddity of this whole situation is putting me on high alert.

I clench my jaw and walk over to the dissolving remains of the Greater Demon to see three item drops in its place.

There’s a long red horn close to a meter in length, a small black sphere, and a pink mana crystal.

I put away my dagger and grab the fallen loot hastily while using Appraisal.

[Mana Crystal]

[Greater Demon’s Horn]

[Greater Demon’s Core]

I raise an eyebrow while placing the crystal into my storage, then grab the heavy horn right after. Lastly, the core… I grab it with my left hand and instantly feel it vibrate with an intense pressure.

My eyes open wide as I watch the core sink into the palm of my hand and instantly dissolve.

A thin black line appears on my wrist and travels along my arm disappearing up my sleeve to meet my shoulder.

My senses heighten. I could hear a pin drop at the far side of the boss room. My eyes twitch back and forth zooming in and out with newfound long-range perception…

I swallow hard and open my status.

[Status Open]

____________________

Name: Jay Soju

Level: 352

Hp: 1765/1765

Mp: 1525/1765

Strength: 861 [+809][+431]

Speed: 1017 [+610][+305][+509]

Agility: 1115 [+502][+558]

Defense: 762 [+305][+267][+381]

Mental Strength: 861 [+517][+344][+387][+491][+431]

Skills:

Absorption [Special Grade]

Swordsmanship

Combat Magic [Advanced Fire Summoning]

Inspect [Special Grade]

Enemy Detection

Body Hardening [Special Grade]

Self Regeneration [Special Grade]

Spacial Magic [Item Storage]

Plunderer

Telekinesis

Appraisal [Special Grade]

Conceal

Berserker

Dungeon Walker [Special Grade]

Intimidation

Dagger Mastery

Stealth

Bloodlust

Equivalent Exchange

Combat Magic [Wind Summoning]

All-Seeing Eye

Extreme Strength

Dual Wielding [Special Grade]

Telepathy [Legendary Grade]

Items Equipped:

High Ogre King’s Ring [+60% Mental Strength]

Cyclops Eye Pendant [+40% Defense]

Dark Elf Boots [+60% Speed]

Ring of Protection [+35% Defense]

Griffin’s Talon [+40% Mental Strength]

Enchanted Silver Ring [+30% Speed]

Serpent King’s Scale [+45% Agility] [+45% Magic Resistance]

Desert Troll’s Charm [+45% Mental Strength]

The Flame Emperor’s Sword [Fire Aspect][+94% Strength][+57% Mental Strength]

[Greater Demon’s Core] +50% All Stats

_____________________

 

74