Chapter 2
495 3 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After an unknown amount of time, I calmed down and began to assess my situation.

Well, it's not that bad, I'm zanpakuto. And the best part is that I'm not in Bleach world, but in Overlord. Fucking hell...

I'm guessing I'm either an NPC or just the weapon had a reference to me being enchanted inside in the background lore. Too bad I have no idea who my wielder is and what description they gave me. In this world, the descriptions of objects and npc's became true. Why did the system only give me general information without details?

I just sighed and remembered that there were souls on the status instead of exp points.

"Ey system. What is this about souls?"

After saying these words, I received a reply in the form of another screen with explanations.

Souls, are the essence of sentient beings in this world. They represent the accumulation of experiences, emotions, power and the core of one's being. Souls are the life force that fuels your existence and empowers your abilities.

The host receives the soul of the beings killed by his wielder after which it is disassembled to form a resource called souls in status. Due to confusing terms, the host has the ability to change this name by presenting a new term for the resource at any time. There are other ways to obtain but they are unavailable at this time.

The host has the ability to take souls apart in the following ways:

Complete dismantling - the Soul is stripped of everything becoming a 'pure' immaterial being. It will appear as any other with assured complete loyalty to the host without any memories, knowledge or powers. The form under which the soul will appear is chosen from among the races inhabiting subspace. In this way, resource acquisition will be maximised. Of course, a possible option is to develop it by training and other activities.

Partial disassembling - The being is stripped of all its strength and abilities. The resulting soul will retain its personality and knowledge but will be no different from a 'pure' one in terms of strength. Loyalty is guaranteed at the time of the soul's emergence but is changeable. This method generates half of the possible resource.

No disassembling - Souls are delivered to subspace in an intact state. They retain all their parts without interference. With this method, the host will not receive the resource and loyalty is not altered. It is recommended that the host does not use this option until it has gained sufficient strength for a potential confrontation.

 

After reading, I began to wonder if I would have to choose for every soul. For the time being this shouldn't be a problem, but in the future it will be tedious when I would have to do it hundreds of thousands of times. Therefore, I decided to try something.

"System, is it possible to set the automatic selection of one of the options?".

Yes, absolutely.

Seeing this answer made me smile.

"I was already dreading the million notifications all the time. Are you able to look into my memories?"

Yes I can, but only with permission.

It took the system some time before I got an answer. I guess it didn't know the answer to the question itself and tried it as I mentioned.

"Great. So completely dismantling the souls of ordinary beings not relevant to the plot of the world but those important only partially."

After receiving the reply that it was done, I looked around me and began to wonder if it was too empty here.

Don't worry, as the power and number of souls increases, the subspace will grow and expand to include additional objects.

This is very important information. As new souls appear here, these twenty kilometres will be significantly too small.

Exhausting the possibilities of questions and ideas, I did the only thing that came to mind in this situation. Sit on my throne and wait for a soul from whoever is using me.

Before I had time to stretch, however, everything shook as if there had been an earthquake but that's probably impossible.

"What the fuck?"

After a few minutes of relentless vibration the phenomenon stopped and I got an answer from the system.

It appears that the wielder of the host has taken the blade in hand. It's just a one-time occurrence.

That was fast. To be honest I thought it would go longer. I hope my 'partner' will be some kind of normal and not a fucking psychopath.

Anyway what was I doing? Ah yes, relaxing.

21