Chapter 6
337 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After parting with Narberal who had gone to accompany the rest of the pleiades to guard the tomb, I entered the theatre on the sixth floor. It is a huge structure that looks like… well, a huge Roman colosseum. Too bad the real one was destroyed by a tornado fifty years ago.

Most of the monuments had been destroyed long before that, and the Colosseum was one of the few that survived. They were destroyed by the mass of natural disasters that began to occur because of how much mankind had destroyed and polluted the planet. At the time, however, this went unnoticed because people were more concerned with saving their own skins than with any historical monuments.

Stepping inside I notice two elven twins fighting a primal fire elemental who I guess was summoned by momonga. They are the guardians of this floor, Mare and Aura. To this day I still remember when chagama suddenly got into the meeting room shouting "I made a shota trap". I swear it was never as quiet as it was then, even when everyone was offline. She silenced forty people with just a few words.

The fight looks promising and at first glance it might appear that the elves have the upper hand but I wouldn't say so. The biggest problem with this opponent is how tanky he is. He is able to regenerate most types of damage and, against all logic, is quite resistant to water.

Not far from me I notice a familiar skeleton standing and staring at the fight. Knowing this bonehead, he wonders if more of his spells work as well as they do in the game.

He's always like that, thinking about tactics and plans without paying attention to his surroundings and, in this case, the fact that I sneaked literally inches behind his back.

“Bo!”

The sight of a big skeleton bigger than me that looks incredibly menacing jumping up and down is super comical and while I didn't start laughing out loud, I did smile at it. I completely didn't care that Aura and Mare were standing next to me at that moment.

Don't think I didn't notice you shaking doing your best not to burst out laughing, Mare.

Anyway, after making fun of him and having a bit of a laugh to lighten the atmosphere and increase my chance of avoiding a scolding from momo for going outside without knowing the situation. I certainly didn't just want to have fun scaring him. Surely that’s not the real reason.

"Aura, Mare. When we finish the test, you have something to drink here."

Said my friend who had just stopped freaking out and was further calmed by racial ability. He reached his hand into the small portal leading to his inventory and pulled out two cups. He did not offer me because he knows that I am straightforward enough that if I wanted to I would reproach him an keep mentioning it to the end of the world.

Taking the opportunity that the elves were busy, he quickly headed towards me and began to speak.

"Perhaps you can tell me why you decided that it would be a great idea to go out into completely unknown areas where there could be potentially dangerous beings or even reveal our existence here without telling me?"

Somehow he seems very menacing right now, but he is just a skeleton standing there.

Satoru has always been like that, an organiser with charisma. Of course, he himself will never admit it thinking it is not true but it is. No matter what, he was the pin who could dictate terms and when we shouted at each other, he was the one who could be heard best.

Before I could answer the utter bullshit reason why I did it hoping it would save me from listening to his scolding I was saved by an npc.

"Oh, looks like I'm the first one here."

Said Shalltear who had just passed through a portal not far from us.

Thank you for the rescue! Sometimes this bonehead doesn't understand that I'm a risk-taker. I know it's wrong in my line of work, but still.

Loli-vampire started arguing with Aura, but I didn't really care, so I ignored them.

Fucking Pero. A pervert with no honour or shame, instead of making himself an npc for real like everyone else he's topped himself with a doll full of fetishes and perversions.

What can you expect from a guy who complained all the time that he watched a porn and found out that his sister did the voice in it...  I take it back, it's fucked up and I can't even imagine how awkward that is.

Returning, their argument, which had descended in a strange direction, was interrupted by another guardian, Cocytus. He is a very large insectoid, I guess you could call him that, with four arms and generally being all about honour and fighting. He stopped them by using his ability which freezes a certain area, thus generating a sudden change of environment and surprise effect. As befits a 'probably' veteran, he knew what would be useful to direct the attention to him.

Then after that, the guardians arrived one by one. All of them gathered. I wish I had a watch, because I would have loved to see if they made it in that hour.

Let's count, Shalltear, Aura, Mare, Cocytus, Demiurge and Albedo. Did I forget anyone? Fuck them if i did.

I wonder what the scary dude is doing in that sword now overall.

18