8. Unsuitable Weapon
3k 0 52
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After reaching the combat class, Leila found a dozen other students waiting for the class to begin. Unlike the other classes, the combat class was situated outside, where students could freely spar without having to worry about any collateral damage.

Leila took a deep breath as she felt a small sense of freedom, but this freedom was short-lived as Zain appeared, embracing her slim waist as he immediately went to tease her. "Did you miss me? You could have simply asked, and I wouldn’t have left you alone."

"I didn’t miss you. Why would I miss such an evil and shameless man?" Leila retorted, her cheeks turning a bright red, followed by the tip of her ears. However, this time, she didn’t even try to free herself from his arms.

It wasn’t because she had submitted to him or that she had suddenly fallen in love, but because she knew it was useless to resist. Her strength alone wasn’t enough for her to face him, let alone the absolute control he had over her through the slave crest. At the moment, she was no different from a puppet to Zain, who possessed complete control of the strings. 

In addition, she couldn’t let him tease her without giving her a chance to fight back. She had lost all the battles, both physical and verbal, and she didn’t want that to happen anymore! No! She couldn’t let this happen anymore! She could never win the physical battles, but she could at least win the verbal ones.

It wouldn’t help her in her escape, but it would give her a small sense of victory after suffering so many losses to this demon! The victories might have been small, but they showed that Zain wasn’t completely invincible and could be defeated. She would just need to play her cards right.

These victories also provided her with the motivation she needed to escape.

"Evil and shameless? Why would I be such a man? I've never done such a thing, so how could you blatantly call me such? When was I evil? All I’ve done is be caring and kind to you; why would you call me such a thing? If you want to claim such blatant things, you will need to give evidence."

"If you weren’t a shameless and evil man, then why did you resort to such dirty acts toward me in public? Shouldn’t it be common sense that one shouldn’t do such dirty acts in public, especially when there are so many witnesses?" 

"Aren’t you an evil man for stealing my body and forcing me to submit to you? If you weren't, then wouldn’t I be free and able to leave whenever I wanted? Why is it that I’m stuck in this body and unable to leave your side?" Leila continued, hitting his chest with all her pitiful strength. "Are you not a demon for committing such acts?"

Noticing that the demon crest hadn’t shown brightly from Leila’s pounding his chest, he grinned. "So that’s what you were doing in the library... How cute!"

"Don’t call me cute." Leila’s face grew even more red as Zain realized the reason behind her visit to the library. The crest would’ve activated if she hadn't, after all.

Through reading about the Forbidden Crest of Lust, Leila discovered how to hit Zain without the crest activating. She would need to have no malice or intent to hurt or kill unless she wanted it to activate. That meant there was still no way for her to hurt him.

She also learned that if given permission, she could bypass this, but she believed he wouldn’t ever do this, not when she wanted to kill him. She was still a threat to him, even though she was considered a helpless woman in his eyes. She was a small thorn that could kill when given the opportunity.

"But… My cute little wife, you’re wrong. I’m sure you should’ve noticed. Why isn’t there anyone looking our way? If not everyone, there should be some who see what we’re doing, right? But none of them are, are they?"

He was right! No one has noticed them here or in any other place. It was as if they were ghosts that were invisible to the eye; no one gave them a single glance. This wasn’t the first time, either. She realized this when Zain first committed his dirty acts during the first class and in the hallway, but she didn’t bring it up since they were in the back, away from other students on both occasions.

However, this time, it was different; they weren’t in the back but in the middle, where everyone could see but no one had given a glance. She felt it was strange and wasn’t normal. Has Zain been using illusion magic all this time? 

No, he couldn’t have. He might have a large pool of mana, but he shouldn’t have enough mana for him to last this long. There must be another reason that she wasn’t aware of. 

"I’m sure you’re aware of some of the succubi’s innate attributes. One such attribute allows me to influence what happens in my presence. I’m simply using this to erase our presence from everyone’s perception." Zain replied, forcing Leila deeper into his embrace and giving her no room to continue hitting his chest.

"Let me go!" 

"Want me to let you go? For calling me names when I’ve clearly done nothing other than give you a body as beautiful as it is, don’t you think you owe me an apology? If you want me to let you go so badly, then I don’t see the point in you refusing to apologize, don’t you?"

"Hmph!" She turned her head as she pouted, not wanting to see the demon’s face anymore. She hadn’t realized it, but ever since her body was taken over by the demon inside her, she had started to act more like a girl than before.

‘Good. It seems she’s moving towards becoming a true girl both in the body and in the soul.’ Zain smiled, seeing Leila’s reaction, which she hadn’t done before.

"You say you aren’t cute, but you act cute, fitting for my woman." Just like a snake, Zain moved in and kissed her lips, slipping his tongue inside without any warning.

For a few minutes, he kissed her; not once did he let her go, as he enjoyed how obedient she was to him, being unable to resist under his strength and control. Dominating someone was something he would never hate and would continue to experience pleasure in.

"Are you going to apologize or not? I’ll let you go if you do." Zain separated his lips from Leila’s, speaking in a playful tone.

"I won’t apologize. Even if they can’t see us, we are still doing it in a public place. You also didn’t give me a valid reason for doing this to me. I won’t apologize to you unless you give me a reason why."

"I suppose that’ll have to wait. The class is starting. You’re lucky. If it weren’t for class starting, I wouldn’t let you go, but I’ll do since this class will help you become accustomed to your body." Zain finally decided to let her go, as she felt relieved. She didn’t want to be in the demon’s embrace anymore.

At the front of the students that were gathered here, a professor stood with his hands behind his back, gazing at the new students before him. He was young, but his eyes revealed that he wasn’t weak or inexperienced like the students. He was a true veteran.

"I’ll skip the introductions and leave them for later." The professor stated this as the student’s attention fell on him. "Let’s not delay any further and begin."

"The choice of your primary weapon is critical for laying the foundations for your personal fighting style and your future. Choosing a weapon that's unfit could lead to you hindering your own growth and talent."

"Normally, we would suggest that you choose a weapon before enrolling in this academy, but... it’s not a bad idea to test various weapons. Feel free to choose!"

Hearing the professor’s instructions, the students spread out, each going for different weapons. Some already knew the weapons fit them the best, while others didn’t. As for Leila, she walked over to the sword rack, picking a sword that fit her past self.

"It’s too heavy." Leila let out a deep sigh, seeing what little strength she had now. It wasn’t easy for her to pick up, and she knew swinging it would be impossible. Even if she had the strength to swing it, the sword wasn’t meant for her, not when she was in this body.

"Do you want help? I know that body better than you, so I can at least help you find a weapon suitable for you." Zain spoke, appearing beside her. He had already found a weapon suitable for him—a beautiful white sword.

"Fine." Leila agreed. Zain was right to see that he knew more about herself than she did. He had her body for a longer period of time, so refusing his help would waste time.

Zain was happy at the lack of resistance from Leila. He didn’t speak another word and personally led Leila to the place where the weapon that fit her was.

Here’s a link to my discord for this novel and novels I may create in the future. On there, you can see the character visuals of all my novels:  https://discord.gg/MJXqaWkV9d

52